• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I just tested it, but I couldn't get it down :( (in training mode)
Could you not do it, or could you not do it consistently. We are only looking for proof, We confirmed donkey kong when the guy could only get it twice in one stand.

Two things to explore next: Shield Pressure and any grab release combos.

Jupz

Smash Master
I've tried grab release, on lucas and ness I found something interesting. Sometimes they will ground break really close to you and you can instantle regrab them (infinite? lol) but sometimes they will slide further out of grabs reach...

I doubt Dedede has any other grab releases other then wario.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Idk I've been messing around with grabs and stuff in training mode when i get bored. Im sure you've all tried this but
Grab Release wario to pivot grab? just a thought
and uhmm i think out of an air release from lucas/ness a rar bair is guranteed

Jupz

Smash Master
Can you do it to MK too ^^ ??

Also Dair is good for shield pressure. And uair when there on higher platforms above you. (top one at battlefield, brinstar, RC)

r3d d09

Smash Master
I've been playing a friend lately who doesn't necessarily spam Mach Tornado, but uses it more than he should =P what can D3 do against this.
I shield when possible and do what ever possible at the given time to avoid it but i get caught in the thing more often than not.
Help anyone?

Jupz

Smash Master
There are a number of things you can do, including fast-fall bair, utilt, dmash, dtilt, gordo, inhale or pivot grab :p
Also you can angle your shield upwards and spot dodge the last hits to stop getting shieldpoked.

EDIT: New tier list lulz. Dedede is 6th. But he has joined S tier.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It isn't because of anything that's happened to DDD.
More everything that happened around him.
We are immune to the metagame.
Worst thing that's happened is the person with the worse grab found a chain grab on us.
Oh, and ICs are getting better.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Worst thing that's happened is the person with the worse grab found a chain grab on us.
Wait, who? ZSS? That should hardly affect his tier movement.

The only reason Dedede went down was to make room for Wario and Diddy.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah, that's what I was saying. That nothing has, will, or can happen to the king.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNbG6R-5CM Most of this video isn't very good (the person who made it didn't have a great understanding of what it was supposed to include... and doesn't perform the technique very well) but check out :14 (and please don't watch after that).

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNbG6R-5CM Most of this video isn't very good (the person who made it didn't have a great understanding of what it was supposed to include... and doesn't perform the technique very well) but check out :14 (and please don't watch after that).
Yes, ZSS will eventually be top tier and a counter to Metaknight. This is known.
But since its on the whole cast, it doesn't change our standing, rather inhances ZSS as a character instead.

r3d d09

Smash Master
There are a number of things you can do, including fast-fall bair, utilt, dmash, dtilt, gordo, inhale or pivot grab :p
Also you can angle your shield upwards and spot dodge the last hits to stop getting shieldpoked.

EDIT: New tier list lulz. Dedede is 6th. But he has joined S tier.
So with FF bair, are you mashing it as you're getting sucked up.
I guess my question should be more specific.
Once you get in MT, what can you do to stop MT. i understand bair, even though it never came to me during game play.
I'm just trying to apply as many techniques and what not as i can instead of working on them individually, I should probably change that and see how it turns out.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So with FF bair, are you mashing it as you're getting sucked up.
I guess my question should be more specific.
Once you get in MT, what can you do to stop MT. i understand bair, even though it never came to me during game play.
I'm just trying to apply as many techniques and what not as i can instead of working on them individually, I should probably change that and see how it turns out.
SDI out of it. or in other words, hold the direction stick in one direction out of the tornado, pressing the cstick that way repeatedly.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Amazing. Can this be done with any character or just ZSS?
It's just ZSS. Captain Falcon can do it too if his DA is decayed, however only a few times on heavies. Any other candidates (Falco, Fox) have DA trajectories that go straight up.

This could (and should!), however, lead to more people screwing around with the buffering system, as it is b-r-o-k-e-n. Buffering will break this game in the way that wavedashing broke melee or your money back.
Yes, ZSS will eventually be top tier and a counter to Metaknight. This is known.
But since its on the whole cast, it doesn't change our standing, rather inhances ZSS as a character instead.
CRASHiC I love you no homo. I also love the d3 boards.

It is, however, very effective on D3, moreso than the rest of the cast. It starts at 26% (very very low for a heavyweight) because of D3's weird hitstun (it turns out that D3 is in hitstun even after touching the ground and can't shield), and goes until 130%+ if decayed. It not decayed, it stops a little lower. Also, I hope this allows us to join the Chain Grab Club because that's where all the cool kids are.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It's just ZSS. Captain Falcon can do it too if his DA is decayed, however only a few times on heavies. Any other candidates (Falco, Fox) have DA trajectories that go straight up.

This could (and should!), however, lead to more people screwing around with the buffering system, as it is b-r-o-k-e-n. Buffering will break this game in the way that wavedashing broke melee or your money back.
CRASHiC I love you no homo. I also love the d3 boards.

It is, however, very effective on D3, moreso than the rest of the cast. It starts at 26% (very very low for a heavyweight) because of D3's weird hitstun (it turns out that D3 is in hitstun even after touching the ground and can't shield), and goes until 130%+ if decayed. It not decayed, it stops a little lower. Also, I hope this allows us to join the Chain Grab Club because that's where all the cool kids are.
I've always wondered if the buffered system would lead to more combos. Or if it was originally intended to make combos to take more skill to pull off.

Wow, 130? I had no idea. You could effectively keep us off stage the entire game, and ZSS has great edge guard potential, her main kill move included.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The buffering system was added solely to make online play seem less laggy (it actually destroys ZSS on wifi, but that's another topic for another day aye?).

And yes, 130%+. This just means that instead of having to catch you before like 70% if it were fresh, we can catch you at 90% if it's decayed and it will still function.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Says who? Citation please.
OK, so I don't have one. :laugh: It's just something I heard a loooong time ago. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Brawl Plus Forums said:
What is the "Buffering" code?

In Brawl, a new mechanic was introduced in hopes of making online play more smooth and to make button inputs easier. This mechanic is known as buffering. This is how it works: If you input a move that you are unable to perform at that time, the game wait up to 1/6th of a second (10 frames), checking to see if you can do it. Think about how Ike would Neutral-Aerial to his doom near the ledge. This was because he attempted to hit A in his shield, but because he was unable to do a shield grab at that time, he instead did a Nair and falls to his death. In the BrawlPlusery codeset, we have a code known as the "Buffer Modifier" which reduces the amount of frames the game will wait, making inputs much more precise. Most players prefer 2-3 frames of buffer, but if you are from melee, you will probably enjoy 0-1 frames. If you come from regular Brawl, you will probably be fine with 10 frames. It's all preference.
That's all I got, but they seem to agree.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Guilty Gear has buffering though.
Here's a better one:

Doval said:
Buffering is a feature found in many fighting games. It allows you to enter a command before your character is done with its current action (within a certain time frame, of course,) and the command will execute as soon as your character can perform that action. In other words, it lets you enter commands early.
Whether it's was mainly for wi-fi or not, it's beyond it.

r3d d09

Smash Master
SDI out of it. or in other words, hold the direction stick in one direction out of the tornado, pressing the cstick that way repeatedly.
Thanks. yesterday there was a local tourny and i tried the bair and someother stuff. but what was affective for me personally was nair. got all the MK's everytime somehow. Found it amusing actually.
Ended up taking 1st maining D3 and alting wario.
Next time I'll try and SDI out of it. Thanks for the help guys.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Thanks. yesterday there was a local tourny and i tried the bair and someother stuff. but what was affective for me personally was nair. got all the MK's everytime somehow. Found it amusing actually.
Ended up taking 1st maining D3 and alting wario.
Next time I'll try and SDI out of it. Thanks for the help guys.
You're welcome beastyboy, and don't forget to inhale when it's at a good time :(.

Jupz

Smash Master
Guys, I've been trying that retreating pivot grab AT and I can do it but I can't CG with it. Like in the video the Marth went forward then just retreated with one. I know dedede dosent slide far at all but how did he go forward first? Cause I can only do mine from a standing start.

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh I thought you meant yoshi standing CG us lol.

Anyway I tried that for a while on training with the yoshi DIing towards me, down, up but I couldnt get it :(

Top Bottom