• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
clel? wat happened to your avatar and u main random now? wat happened to u in the last week? and are u goin to the mwc i need to know.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting tons of experience in with each character, I may stick to Marth but he's too simple, if you're trying to get exceptionally good he's just not the guy you want to stick with. As for MWC I need to know how we're getting there before I can confirm anything.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
idk wat u talkn about clel. u need to come play my marth now lol. zeton will tell u it aint no punk now. and he has more than enough tools to be good with. being an exceptional player has nothing to do with your character its all in u dude. but u find your own way. and i thnk we goin by car and pllleeaaasseeee come i need my team mate lol.

rebd121

Smash Journeyman
Have fun at MWC, guys. I won't make it.

Buh, my first major tournament is NO KOAST. Guess I'll just have to step it up and bring my A+++ game. TEMPEST WILL PLACE IN THE TOP 8 AT NO KOAST!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
yes we need to get stuff figured out fast. its only 2 weeks away lol. and i should be down there to help ferry you guys.
I've been talking with TheBlueBlade; he said that there will be plenty of housing available Friday night near the venue. Saturday night is being all figured out.

Oh, and there's one thing I've been thinking about. How many people from Wichita are planning on going? Maybe, if we talked to the KC guys, we could house with them the night before we leave for Indiana.

So basically, here's my proposal (if the KC guys agree):
_

Thursday - Wichita (Afternoon) > Overland Park (Late Afternoon/Early Evening)

Friday - Overland Park (Early Morning) > MWCC (Late Afternoon)

Saturday - MWCC!!!

Sunday - MWCC (Early Morning) > Overland Park, to take a break from riding in the car (Late Afternoon) > Wichita (Nighttime)

_

Sound Good? If it is, I'll talk to Fino about it if he doesn't respond here first.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
...but you play Metaknight...:laugh:
Has it ever occured to you, that people have not yet unlocked the secret potential technique (or figure out how to use the character's tools; a good example is Sonic...) of the other characters...and will eventually make it to where those certain characters will be picked as much as meta knight does....

If you tell me characters are never going to be as good as meta, then obviously you guys can grow as much as a fighter.

By the way I am in Olathe now, and just chillin...if anyone up here wants to play you can give me a call or post on the forums a good meet up time.

Oh my good friend also is starting to play brawl...he can already counter attack with marth very good, a lil sketchy on the sides though...but what do you expect from a new player? (not that new though) Anyway is it alright if he comes with me to some friendlies?

Fino

Smash Master
Has it ever occured to you, that people have not yet unlocked the secret potential technique (or figure out how to use the character's tools; a good example is Sonic...) of the other characters...and will eventually make it to where those certain characters will be picked as much as meta knight does....

If you tell me characters are never going to be as good as meta, then obviously you guys can grow as much as a fighter.

By the way I am in Olathe now, and just chillin...if anyone up here wants to play you can give me a call or post on the forums a good meet up time.

Oh my good friend also is starting to play brawl...he can already counter attack with marth very good, a lil sketchy on the sides though...but what do you expect from a new player? (not that new though) Anyway is it alright if he comes with me to some friendlies?
Zeton, you can probably come over to my house today.

~Fino

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey guys,

For those of you coming, as you have noticed, I have been talking with Affinity. I just wanted to mention something for Saturday night, Blood Hawk (the other TO) and myself have been talking about housing you guys if needed, that way you don't need to get a hotel or anything. Nothing is official yet about housing you guys, but if it has to be, this will be what happens. Him and I will take 5 each (I was told 10 or more are coming so we'll divide evenly) and then meet up in the morning. I live in South Bend, and he lives in Plymouth, so it's about a 20 minute drive between our houses, so it's not terribly far. Both him and I live about an hour from the venue.

The only thing that is pending with this is since we both go to college locally, we still live at our parents houses. So really it's up to them if they want to house you guys. I have no problem and I'm sure Hawk doesn't either, but its all up to the 'rents. We'll leave times up to you guys for when you want to leave.

And housing for Friday night is at the venue. There are some smaller cabin-like places next to the building to sleep at.

If you guys have any other questions, PM me or IM me on AIM (nd31488).

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
holmes are u implying that my skill and tournament placing is due to me playing mk?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think he's implying that if an exceptional player plays an exceptional character, it doesn't hurt.

the character you play gives you certain advantages and disadvantages in any given matchup, and if your character is bad enough that it gives you more disadvantages (ie they have more bad matchups than good) then you have to be that much better than the opponent in order to win. that's what matchup ratios are all about.

your character you play is a tool. let's say one person is given a pack of matches and another is a lighter. who will create a large fire first? same deal, imo. character you play definitely impacts your success, it isn't just player skill.

Holms

Smash Ace
What steeler said, domo. And by no means am I saying that "you're winning because you play metaknight;" I'm saying something more along the lines of "you're winning, and you play metaknight" if that makes sense.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Whatever way you take it, skill is still the deciding factor in a match. Character only really matters when two players are around the same skill level. And even then, there's matchup experience, CP knowledge, and other variables to be taken note of. Character is only one of the many dependant variables with skill being the independent variable. On another note, people can use multiple characters. One person doesn't have multiple skill levels.

Holms

Smash Ace
Oh, I don't think Zeton will have a problem with someone like that. There's no running from Zeton...

Disclaimer from the earlier discussion: To avoid the possibility of a "flame holms" war due to a misunderstanding, I'm tossing this out there: I'm not saying that someone wins because of the character they use!!! Sheesh.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
naw i wasnt gon make it be no flame war. cause whether u say it or not i know wat i can do and cant do and i know not all of wat i am is mk simple as that. anywayz if that is the scheduele to get to the mwc i think im out. cause i can only get like 2 days off of work so yea. and yall planning on 4.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
naw i wasnt gon make it be no flame war. cause whether u say it or not i know wat i can do and cant do and i know not all of wat i am is mk simple as that. anywayz if that is the scheduele to get to the mwc i think im out. cause i can only get like 2 days off of work so yea. and yall planning on 4.
It'll be impossible to make the entire trip 2 days. The drive to the venue from Wichita is 14 hours; 11 hours from Overland Park.

See if you can get someone to take your shift for those days; we all need to represent Kansas at this ****!

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
zeton

i really hope you don't have to deal with this at the mwcc

so gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHlBz541H4

lol if iggy and os do that to me, I have ways around camper styles now (come on with people shield grabbing me, you'd think I would figure something out or around it...)

Btw great matches at finos ;3 I'll be stickin around in Olathe till probably Saturday, so I can make it to a Darkrain Barrio.

Also, I have decided to TRIM not shave off the hair...at least to a point it looks more controlled.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
seriously domo, get your *** down to indiana with us.

also guys

i think my wii is...dying :(

it randomly stops working sometimes...

i think i played with it too much.

now i might even go blind.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol may have to send it in to nintendo toget it fixed. actually, when you turn iton, do you hear the fan turn on? Ducks wii up here has a fan problem. itwill overheat and shutoff. if its a problem they do sell external fans.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Guys: I just finished my MK combo/gameplay vid, but I still need a name for it. Something creative.

Anybody have any good ideas?

I'll bring it to Karma's tomorrow everyone can get an early look :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Guys: I just finished my MK combo/gameplay vid, but I still need a name for it. Something creative.

I'll bring it to Karma's tomorrow everyone can get an early look :)
"PWNAGE." That's what it should be called.:chuckle:

PS: (Why do I call it an edit? It should be called a post script...) Karma, are you hosting today? I really gotta know before I go to work today...

Fino

Smash Master

I play metaknight and still john =O
lol jkjkjk

Anyways, I really do think we could trim the trip down... though I'm not entirely sure what the plan is. Maybe you could get on aim and talk it over with me affinity.

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Anyways, I really do think we could trim the trip down... though I'm not entirely sure what the plan is. Maybe you could get on aim and talk it over with me affinity.

~Fino
I'm at work right now; can't get on AIM.

Also, anybody else have any ideas for the name for my combo vid??? I want to get it up today.

Stealth? KY?

Top Bottom