• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Okay, I need to know the plan for the mwcc right now. Seriously. It's less than a week away and I'm still out in the dark on who's driving, who's going, estimation on gas costs, sleeping arrangements.
KC going to rep with arkive, 8bit, and I; however, we can't leave until noon, which I know is not what you guys had initially planned. Then again those were affinity's plans... and he's not even going anymore

Someone please tell me what the F*** is going on. lol.

~Fino
Yes, we need to get the driver system organized and out of the dark. We need to be prepared for this trip.

edit: I am also heading back to hutch tonight, after watching Dark Rain and Dmac play at that barrio...my mind is shot XD how the heck are so good?! with mind games and such, its like ...arghs XD I hope I get to that point eventually.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
okay, we need to get this straightened out...

first of all, who is going?

zeton, domo, ky, steeler, holms, clel? am i missing anyone?

zeton, you are confirmed as a driver, yes? i promise you that i'll help with gas costs, and i hope some of the other riders can do the same.

fino are you planning on riding with us? do you have a vehicle or do you need a wichita car?

we have 6 people going in a 5 passenger car...:\

here is my idea...is it possible to get someone else from wichita to shuttle half of the 6 to kc, and then have one person ride with the kc guys to indiana (hopefully kc has a car)? if worst comes to worst, i can just drop out so everything fits nicely.

Fino

Smash Master
okay, we need to get this straightened out...

first of all, who is going?

zeton, domo, ky, steeler, holms, clel? am i missing anyone?

zeton, you are confirmed as a driver, yes? i promise you that i'll help with gas costs, and i hope some of the other riders can do the same.

fino are you planning on riding with us? do you have a vehicle or do you need a wichita car?

we have 6 people going in a 5 passenger car...:\

here is my idea...is it possible to get someone else from wichita to shuttle half of the 6 to kc, and then have one person ride with the kc guys to indiana (hopefully kc has a car)? if worst comes to worst, i can just drop out so everything fits nicely.
Hmm.... well, we could use my car, but it has horrendous gas mileage and would seriously **** our wallets if we took it. Arkive might, and I use that term very lightly (as in like 5%), have a car. Otherwise KC is car-less.
KC has 3 people: me, arkive and 8bit. If 2-3 of you would come up in a car to pick us up that'd be perfect.

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
problem is that we don't even have enough room for all the people that want to go from wichita.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I can drop out if need be, overall though looks like we'll need two cars at best to comfortably carry this trip and if Zeton's the only one driving you can tell it isn't going to work out too well.

Regardless we still have alot in store - Season 2 of the Bi-Weeklies is calling + No Koast ;)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nah i'll be the drop out guy. i have $200 to pay in speeding ticket **** this week anyway.

that and i don't have someone depending on me as a doubles partner.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I can drop out if need be, overall though looks like we'll need two cars at best to comfortably carry this trip and if Zeton's the only one driving you can tell it isn't going to work out too well.

Regardless we still have alot in store - Season 2 of the Bi-Weeklies is calling + No Koast ;)

I really need to upgrade the passenger capacity of my arwing...

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I don't think one dropout will do much unless Arkive's 5% chance of having a car goes in our favor... otherwise: 8 peeps+one car+14 hours of fun is a new hit television series O.o

dang nearly 4am already? This is why I need sleeping pills, sleeping through the day sucks =(

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The rest of you should try not getting pulled over for speeding every other week. I'm kind of glad I'm not going to MWC, sounds like a major cluster****.

****ing youtube removed one of my videos.

Fino

Smash Master

Holms

Smash Ace
What? That, Affinity, is very untrue.

And I'm copping out too, guys. Nothing has been finalized yet, and I'm not going through the nightmare that was OHSNAP again, and worst of all, my doubles partner decided to randomly cop out as well. So there's an extra seat for you guys.

Fino

Smash Master
What? That, Affinity, is very untrue.

And I'm copping out too, guys. Nothing has been finalized yet, and I'm not going through the nightmare that was OHSNAP again, and worst of all, my doubles partner decided to randomly cop out as well. So there's an extra seat for you guys.
This is why plans needs to be made, I hate this rushing to get stuff together. I can't really get ahold of anyone either because I'm not linked with you guys other than on smashboards. Honestly, I would love to get the prep/plan done and out of the way. Fino0437 - AIM or (913) 787-5282. Someone take one of those routes and talk to me. I'd prefer AIM only because I'm in my basement and might not catch the call.
Holms... if we iron this out soon, are you still in?

If you guys can't come up with another car, let's just use mine. It'd be a cram to fit 6 people in a 5 seater, but it's only 3 hours to get here. Then we can break into two cars and everyone sits comfortably.

~Fino

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
affinity im jus sayin that i figured certain ppl would come up with excuses and **** at the last second. If u really wanted it you would do it. and i like how most all of em put "personal reasons" aka im scared and i havent been doing as well as i like johns so im not gonna put myself out there. and u wonder why certain ppl are gettin better and others arent. If u wanted to get better and all that u would.

Holms

Smash Ace
Well, if it makes anyone feel more...I don't know, confident, "I'm scared and I haven't been doing as well as I like," but I still really, really want to go. I don't care how long it takes me to get good with Kirby or whoever I play, I just want to get there eventually.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
holmes i hope u aint talkn about me with the whole confident thing. for me it aint about being confident its about me following up on a promise i made to myself. A goal i will achieve at any cost. i will bypass fear and anything else to reach it so thats why u dont hear me john cause no matter what ima get there in a matter of time. and holmes thats all anybody who wants to get good has to have. but some ppl dont have it and let fear get in the way and other stupid ****. thats wat seperates a lot of ppl in this game and in the world. but excuses aint helpin nobody. and on another note holms u already are good dude.

and affinity who u tryin to tellin real life over smash? smash makes me money which i use to help my real life. maybe if u............ nevermind thats too much time to waste on talkn to u about that. i work a full time job and i still get it done in tournaments dude so thnk b4 u talk man.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
affinity im jus sayin that i figured certain ppl would come up with excuses and **** at the last second. If u really wanted it you would do it. and i like how most all of em put "personal reasons" aka im scared and i havent been doing as well as i like johns so im not gonna put myself out there. and u wonder why certain ppl are gettin better and others arent. If u wanted to get better and all that u would.
WTF?

What is that supposed to mean? I've been doing really well against everybody lately, including you. I don't know where you're coming up with this ****. Sure, I get really self-critical at times, but that doesn't have anything to do with the MWCCs. If I was going to the MWCCs, I'd be anything but scared. You better believe it Domo.

Believe it or not though, I have things in real life I really need to attend to at the moment (getting ready for the new semester, looking for a new job, etc). Balancing out my priorities is what I need to be doing, and taking a roadtrip to Indiana for a Brawl tournament right before school starts isn't exactly at the top of my priorities list. Smash is really fun and I know I'll be playing it for a while, but when real life calls that's what I gotta answer to. Smash isn't gonna take me anywhere 10-20 years from now like college will. True facts.

Anyway, don't say **** like that about me. It really rubs me the wrong way.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it wasn't just you he was talking about.

domo, i offered my spot so that the rest of you could travel comfortably, and the "plans" wouldn't be even more ****ed up than they are right now. if you guys don't mind going 6 people in a 5 person car, then ya i'm up for it.

fino that's fine, it probably has better gas mileage than my car. if need be, i can take the wheel for a bit so you don't drive the whole way.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
it wasn't just you he was talking about.
His post was obviously directed at me.

and affinity who u tryin to tellin real life over smash? smash makes me money which i use to help my real life. I'm talking about the bigger picture. maybe if u............ nevermind thats too much time to waste on talkn to u about that. i work a full time job and i still get it done in tournaments dude so thnk b4 u talk man.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6338437&postcount=8545

Fino

Smash Master
fino that's fine, it probably has better gas mileage than my car. if need be, i can take the wheel for a bit so you don't drive the whole way.
According to online I get 17 city 19 highway, though I don't think I get that much... so there's a rough estimate.
I drive a nissan pathfinder.
On the drive to kirksville I drove 80 most of the way and on the way home I drove 60 half way and 70 the other half. On the way there it took almost the whole tank, on the way back I had a little over a quarter tank, so perhaps just driving patiently and efficiently would be the best route for taking my car.
Also, just so we understand, I get out of class at 11:50 meaning we could get ready and on the road around 12:45. Getting there roughly around 11-12'ish, we'll have plenty of time for sleep and tournament prep before it starts.
Also, they've decided to do pools. They've made a few small changes, I think ya'll should take a look at that.

Here is my take on the agenda, someone tell me if there's problems or if there needs to be changes. I will do my best to put everything in, so we all are secure about how this is going to work out. The only thing I don't have any information on is where we are staying at, in which case you should tell me so I can get it down.

Friday:
8-9'ish - arwing takes off from wichita
11-12'ish - arwing lands in the JCCC area and makes a gas stop prepping for it's next flight
- arwing + drifters arkive and 8bit meet in designated JCCC spot
12:45 - puddle jumper (fino's car) meets at designated JCCC spot to pick up drifters as well as some of the wichita crew

12:50-1:00 - leave (JCCC is right by the highway we take, it's a good meeting point)

1:00 - 11-12'ish - drive to where ever we're staying at. taking 2 stops for gas / food.

*at this point you either rest and then play smash, or play smash and rest.... personally I'm opting for the former to make sure I'm well rested for the tournament (I heard horror stories from oh snap)

Saturday:
11 a.m. - registration begins
12 - Kansas dominates the mwcc
??? - finish MM's and crew battles and get to place of rest.

Sunday:
6-7'ish - leave for home

Someone please edit that as they see fit. I have no clue what wichita is thinking. That's just my take on the itinerary from what I've heard. Also, shoot me a PM of who's housing us so I can talk to them.
Thanks much! :D

EDIT: looking at this map http://www.jccc.net/home/site/welcome/maps/fullcampus
At the top right area there's a building called "CC" or the Carelson Center. We should meet in front of that building.
Also, send me some cell numbers so I can get ahold of you guys. I'd like more than one, because there's always that one time when you can't hear your phone... ect.

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm really sick of this fighting bull****.

For the record I'd still -like- to go to MWC. But some **** I know stole my doubles partner from me. I've got no partner to team up with and doubles is what I was looking forward to. Nor is it possible to fit 7 people in Zeton's car. Unless I could convince my parents to drive me to Olathe, this is where I'm staying.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'd have to think about it. We haven't exactly had the best working together history lol

EDIT: seriously though without a second driver I cant even consider going. My parents have to work Thursday and Friday so they wouldn't be able to haul me. My family is also short a car because of my sister being unable to afford to fix hers and is thus mooching off of us.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Okay. We have us a mother****ing plan. I'll finish explaining it soon, when I get everything confirmed but we should have transportation there and back now.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Alright, I've been really quiet and passive about this whole ordeal with the crew, but I think it's time to put up my opinion on this issue. And I'll do it by using someone as an example. Myself.

When I first joined this crew, I got my *** handed to me, left, right, up down, and center. (Especially Karma with his C4's) Everyone seemed like gods to me, and I thought I would never reach that level of game play. Along with it everyone's ego was high and boasting (Bragging rights I don't know, and you know who you are.) as well as people never really acknowledged me as a player even on the boards.

I wanted to get better so I drove miles and miles to go to friendlies as well as I practiced, and practiced, and got beat down, (and gayed) over and over again. (PIKACHU *cough*)

It's been 5 months (or 6...) and now everyone thinks I'm "beasty" and I probably am, but I know I'm not that great.
At least I didn't let it get to my head.
WHO CARES IF I AM THE PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST FOXES OF THE NATION? i don't match up to people like Darkrain or PC Chris or pros like that. (at least not yet :3)

I recall back we all fought competitively and aggressively in tournaments and such, defending the Kansas or Wichita name, and let people reconize what we are really capable of.

Its been 5 months now....and I see everyone making excuses of their poor game play, AND NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. like...practice or study. (a lot of people are having their pride and egos get in the way.)

See, right now I'm seeing 2 faced people saying they play for fun, but going to tournaments, HOWEVER when they don't do well they are becoming ignorant to their loses and not learning and growing as fighters at all.

STOP GOING UP AND DOWN. Stop saying you are beast or good, but go to tournaments and lose and just make excuses, if you're going to do that just stay down. And especially don't bring down the rest of the crew with you.

On this note, if someone in our crew is down, why not try to bring em up. Now I know BOTH sides aren't doing this, cuz I see many people offering tips, and the other side refusing to listen and what not, and one side is down and the other side not offering valid advice or help.(and so morale is low and NEITHER side wins...(and why does our crew have "sides" seriously...)

Where's the spirit I witnessed when I first joined? Where is the companionship as well as our hardships as game players? This crew is NOTHING like the crew I joined 5 months ago (or 6.)

We are a crew, a team START ACTING LIKE ONE. I hate seeing how there are 2 sides in this crew, and I am ESPECIALLY tired of being smack dab in the middle of it.

We all have potential, and all have our own style of doing things, that's what makes us who we are, but why discriminate someone just because they aren't you?...There are going to be hardships on accepting people of where they currently are, but that doesn't mean u classify em as INFERIOR or something, that's just ignorant and stupid.

There's my opinion. Take it anyway you want. I know it's really garbled up but that's because I'm really frustrated about this...I don't want to see EITHER SIDE LOSE. I want the sides to unite again.

Edit: example: I recall a crew helping me stick with fox when I realized the hardships of him and wanted to drop him...Where the heck did that spirit go with the rest of you guys with everyone else...

Top Bottom