• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ ~ The Wing Cap ~ ☆ (Somewhat outdated)

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Question, do you guys know of the trick where you can edgehog with Mario, cape away from the edge, and if you do it right you will auto-grab the ledge when the cape is done? It seems like an excellent way to gimp a lot of recoveries and forces people to recover onto the stage.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Question, do you guys know of the trick where you can edgehog with Mario, cape away from the edge, and if you do it right you will auto-grab the ledge when the cape is done? It seems like an excellent way to gimp a lot of recoveries and forces people to recover onto the stage.
Answer, Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGtXdCu4AT4

Min: 1:00

Edit: Also cleaned up OP and added a quick banner.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
AGAIN: this is ****ing amazing man!!!!
have to be very hard to perform huh??

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Anyone still wanna give me a replay of someone Cape Dashing?

Anyone?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I was able to pull it off on FD but I wasn't recording. I think its just a lot more easier to pull it off on fall-through-able surfaces.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Basics Menu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4S2UDbBIVw

Finally, its starting to look more like and Interactive Guide rather then a bunch of videos.

Edit: Also, the Cape Jump is pretty much a Cape with the upward momentum of the jump right? I use it all the time, but I never knew it was the Cape Jump, lol.

Khanartist

Smash Rookie
When you're hanging on a ledge you can cape away from the edge then return really fast. Idk if its actually useful, buy it helps me edgeguard sometimes.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I'm impressed with this compilation. Keep it up dude, this right here is nice. And it's getting better.

bobson

Smash Lord
I was hoping it would continue zooming out to reveal a Metaknight in fallspecial after getting caped.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey FireMario, I just wanted to point out that you don't have a link to fludd KO's on the first post.

I just thought I would let you know.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This really needs to become the global standard for character guides. Sure, in-depth text descriptions on applications of things into a match help, but visual help always has a much larger impact.

This whole video guide is great man.

Matt07

Smash Master
Firemario that is amazing, everything you've done is wonderful. You've come a long way since you first had interest in doing this, that's for sure.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
wow if i become a huge success at smash, I guarantee you that i will mention this thread. Spectacular work dude keep up the good work

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to add the main menu video into the OP, using mod powers. I don't know if this will stay when you update the OP, so if it doesn't, just VM me and I'll add it again.

Edit: Aw... it doesn't work because you made the OP. Oh well.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Thanks a lot guys! Pretty much the video description should explain why I'm late this video.

Cape Stall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuOGSi-NruI

"OK, so first, I want to say that I'm sorry that I haven't uploaded a video in a while. Sadly, I'm on dial-up speed so I can't upload videos right when I finish them. I've also been working on my next combo video, which should come out sometime next week. But don't fret, I've got a ton of new ideas for the guide and I'll still be uploading new videos every week!"

I'm planning to do Wall-kicking next. Do you guys know anything I could touch on? All I know is being able to Bair on the stage and wall-kicking to spike. SOMEONE HELP ME THIS TIME!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh, wallkicking is just useful for messing around with. Such as, you could ledge drop, second jump, wallkick, bair when you're on the ledge. You could also just wallkick back up from the gap in Yoshi Island Melee.

Wallkicking should only be used once in a while, to surprise the opponent. Don't even expect to make good use of it once in a set.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
What Mario 101 said. You can use wall jumping on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) to get back on the stage and maybe bair your opponent. You can also wall jump on the right side of the first part of Frigate, so you don't have to use your up B to get back on the stage when the platform is too high.

I'm looking forward to that combo video :).

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
hey firemario i'm a little confuzzled about the cape dash >.<
like right after you bust out the cape at the edge are you suppose to tap the opposite direction or something?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
hey firemario i'm a little confuzzled about the cape dash >.<
like right after you bust out the cape at the edge are you suppose to tap the opposite direction or something?
Yep.

Jab Locks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGHOyS9WZY

I'm gonna need to start discussion here, now that I'm getting to the more advanced stuff. I'll be pulling the quotes from here.

Gonna do "OOS Options" next so if anyone can give me some knowledge/input that would be great!!!

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I have actually done the jab lock combo before. The real reason i got it off is because once i hit 80%, they try to do are smash attacks til I die so i just camp and mindgame it up

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Gonna do "OOS Options" next so if anyone can give me some knowledge/input that would be great!!!
Up-B is your best OOS option due to the first three frames of invincibility. U-Smash and N-air are good OOS options too.

One of the best OOS tactics however, is a stutter-stepped F-Smash against a Laggy move. Best scenario is Ike using his F-Smash while your back is turned. Shield/PS it, then use F-Smash. The best part about stutter-step F-Smash is that it COMPLETELY cancels Mario's traction when being pushed back from a shielded hit.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I'm planning to do Wall-kicking next. Do you guys know anything I could touch on?
I don't know if you are still doing this and I don't know if this is already known, but I did something kinda cool during friendlies. While I was hanging off the ledge of FD, I would ledge drop then wall jump off of the ledge and attempt to spike someone. I'm pretty sure that this can be done on BF and Smashville, too.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I don't know if you are still doing this and I don't know if this is already known, but I did something kinda cool during friendlies. While I was hanging off the ledge of FD, I would ledge drop then wall jump off of the ledge and attempt to spike someone. I'm pretty sure that this can be done on BF and Smashville, too.
Yea I like doing that on brawl as well. The only thing about mine is I spike and jump off the wall 3 times before i recover. Its fun and you rarely see Marios do it

Top Bottom