• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This confirms it.
Im calling a spot in Nicks car.

I'll bring some music i'll know you like nick.
The plan was for Seibrik and I to go into the same car, and split the driving duties...So, I dunno who's car we're going in, or what.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Ruse, this was the date that alot of people agreed on, and to my understanding, you're going to another tourney instead of this one, IMO, i think you should come here, it'll be alot more fun.

@seibrik and Afro, ggod **** that you guys are coming, i havne't gotten to play either of you al lthe imes i've been to gigs, so we're gonna have a match as soon as you guys get here.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I might actually be able to come to this.

I think it's during my spring break, where I'll be staying up in Gainesville with my brother.

*Hype*

Masky

Smash Master
what a coincidence... I'm bringing my brother, too!

and I'm gonna need a good teammate for this, someone get at me?

Ruse

Fox
you're going to another tourney instead of this one, IMO, i think you should come here, it'll be alot more fun.
Yeah, a 40+ person tourney in Tally will be more fun than a 4,000,000+ person tourney in Texas.

Get owned.

See you guys at Gigs.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
(Imo were going to be losing alot of attendents from OOS since WHOBO is on the same day)
Just a thought Oh and + me

-!-

Smash Lord
Hey guys, we should be able to drive this time since there's plenty of time to call off work and so on... this is the list more or less how it will happen:

NAPLES

01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04. DewDaDash
05. ******
06. F-18 A.K.A. "Blue Angel"

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
The reason we changed it from Brawlfest is because melee players felt like they were not bring represented under Brawlfest.

I personally like brawlfest and would prefer it, And wish melee players could agree that just because we called it Brawlfest, doesn't mean that melee is excluded.

We have SF4 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and no-one we don't put that into our name.

Either name is fine really. This is shaping up to be a big tourney

And we got the Sticky so we can atttract more players. The More players we can fit into this huge venue the better!
The reason we wanted the name change is not because we don't feel represented. It's cuz ALOT OF PPLE didn't know melee was here to begin with.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, a 40+ person tourney in Tally will be more fun than a 4,000,000+ person tourney in Texas.

Get owned.

See you guys at Gigs.
I hope this is an exaggeration. I'm not claustrophobic but geez imagine the intense body heat build up

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if im not going i dunno how hrnut is getting there. He doesnt have a vehicle, and he hates driving more than an hour

Lizard

Smash Ace
TallyTourney Title

The reason we wanted the name change is not because we don't feel represented. It's cuz ALOT OF PPLE didn't know melee was here to begin with.
I Understand the name didn't include melee, but when the tourney first started, we didn't offer melee. It took us 5-6 PHB's to actually start offering Melee. At that point, PHB was already recognized as the tally tourney, and we all liked the name.

It not that we don't want melee players to feel represented, (thus, the reason we host melee in the first place.) But the name was already established, and we didn't see a reason to change it. Brawl still receives the most players, and it is still a brawl focused tourney.

Does it really matter that much if the name was kept PHB? Doesn't change the fact that Melee is still there. Smashfest does make it sound like it is just a gathering rather than a tournament.

Hope all the melee players realize that we do want them to feel welcome and have a good place to meet and smash!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, we should be able to drive this time since there's plenty of time to call off work and so on... this is the list more or less how it will happen:

NAPLES

01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04. DewDaDash
05. ******
06. F-18 A.K.A. "Blue Angel"
NIce! i can house the 6 of you... try to leave friday, and you guys can stay in my place till sunday if you want...

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
OK, RSVP list has been updated. Good to see alot of people coming out, it'll be great to smash with all of you guys again.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Boomstick isn't Texas, that's just where he originally came from before moving to FL. He's in the Panhandle Manhandlers with me, Rice, Drumma, and RAM. Assuming he goes, you can expect the rest to as well. I know Drumma would want to play TvC, along with Fumin or Ryet if they tag along.

Masky

Smash Master
·Standing and Walking Infinites are banned
So grab-release infinites on Wario are going to be banned?

Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
(Melee)
Wasn't the rule on this changed? Because I understand there was an issue with this at a past tournament.

Loto

Smash Ace
So grab-release infinites on Wario are going to be banned?

(Melee)
Wasn't the rule on this changed? Because I understand there was an issue with this at a past tournament.
Yeah it's supposed to be Wobbling is banned in singles and allowed in doubles.

I wonder if I can go to this. I'll talk to fearless and see whats up. ;p

Lizard

Smash Ace
DBS, We looking to Team for GIGS or this?

Gotta know so i can find out a new teammate for one.

Could do both if we do well at GIGS

OverLade

Smash Hero
Great to hear!

Maybe we'll Have a Friendly match at pirate ship!

My Ness, Your choice. (I believe you used snake during our doubles match.)
Sure, I'll go Snake.

But see if I jump into the water this time lol.

Top Bottom