• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
I got 5th yesterday outta like 40ish... didn't really beat anyone though. I can't seem to get the last hit anymore, I was super clutch with that from May-August, but now I'm faltering again. I'm getting sooooooo close to taking out so cal's elite, this is such a hard region >_<
I hate it when I can't get the last hit, it's so annoying to seee it get sheilded or sidestepped ad then punished >.>
just do what we always tell Quivo, Play your game.

eventually you will get the hit, who cares if you rack up 70+% while doing it.

you cant base your whole last stock on getting a kill that youre trying too hard for because then it annoys you and gets in your head and it flusters you.

IMO, stay calm and just play the game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't go for the kill. Go for a setup.
And don't get hit while you do that.

Denti

Smash Master
*double post*

So, I decided I'm going to go to phase 2. I think I heard tin man is going to be there, and maybe zori... anyone else? =D

~Fino
me you dirty dirty *****! thats in my region, north texas! :D

i'll be looking forward to seeig you, and mabye zori 0.o lol

and it's phase 2 brownies! get it straight lolz

Zori

Smash Champion
phase is not out of the question, but i just paid a ticket off like 3 second ago and i feel like being a super cheapskate right now

Tin Man

Smash Hero
just do what we always tell Quivo, Play your game.

eventually you will get the hit, who cares if you rack up 70+% while doing it.

you cant base your whole last stock on getting a kill that youre trying too hard for because then it annoys you and gets in your head and it flusters you.

IMO, stay calm and just play the game.
Don't go for the kill. Go for a setup.
And don't get hit while you do that.
Thanks guys :bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:

Fino

Smash Master
Never set yourself to doing one thing. You become predictable fast. Same goes to committing yourself to a certain move. If something doesn't work the first time, let it go... do other stuff... and then try it again.

~Fino

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

Inputting a command and reacting to something are two different things dan <.<
So the question I ask it - how often are you punishing falco's spot dodge? (not very often)
Also, I was saying that whistle is an "anti"-frametrap as in, it looks like it lasts a lot longer than it does - thus is can be deceptive when trying to punish

~Fino
a better argument... i believe snake has a 4 frame cool down ater his side step... and people punish that all the time

falco is unfair to use because he only has a 2 frame cooldown after his side step.... and we all know that a 1/15 of a second is wayyyyyy easier to hit someone in comparison to 1/30th of a second

Fino

Smash Master
Snake doesn't have a 2 frame jab.
We're also dominated in terms of priority, we have only that 3 frame window to space an attack. You complain about luigi's jab a lot, falco's is just as fast.

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snake doesn't have a 2 frame jab.
We're also dominated in terms of priority, we have only that 3 frame window to space an attack. You complain about luigi's jab a lot, falco's is just as fast.

~Fino
I complain about Falco's jab all the time. <_<

Llumys

Smash Champion
My current partner's Marth has improved immensely lately. I'm not sure if he'll be traveling for any tournaments anytime soon, but if he does, I'll let you guys know about how we do.

My point is that we should discuss doubles a little bit more.

Last time I saw some doubles discussion in the Xat, dabuz and Dotcom were arguing about R.O.B. vs. Toon Link for partners, etc.

Fino

Smash Master
My current partner's Marth has improved immensely lately. I'm not sure if he'll be traveling for any tournaments anytime soon, but if he does, I'll let you guys know about how we do.

My point is that we should discuss doubles a little bit more.

Last time I saw some doubles discussion in the Xat, dabuz and Dotcom were arguing about R.O.B. vs. Toon Link for partners, etc.
I team with both. My current teammate is a TL main though. Team little boys play with items and toys.... awww yeah

~Fino

Noa.

Smash Master
There were some changes to the smash blue skin.

Now they have advertisements. :(:(

But now when you edit your posts, you can see how the post actually looks like instead of looking at all that code and tags. :):)

I don't know if this also holds true for the revolution skin.

Denti

Smash Master
My team partner is a dorf main and i play dorf too. you guys have NO idea what it's like to in synchwence DAIR auto cancel because when you DAIR the game freezes kinda and locks the character so we dot that unill deatha nd talk in our own language so we cn communicate the whole match ;D heck ya! SUPEr teamwork

peeup

Smash Lord
hey i havent been here in a couple of months has anything been discovered regarding pikmin desyncing or anything else nifty and neat?

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of making a quick video on Olimar's tether tricks. It'd be cool if anyone gave me any ideas.

Technique #1: [edgeguard to edgehog]
> dash
> tether (grounded)
> drift backward

Technique #2: [edgeguard or retreat to edgehog]
> dash
> tether (grounded)
> turn around (natural; not reversal)
> drift forward

Technique #3: [quicker mobility]
> let go of edge
> tether (pops you onto the stage)

Technique #4: [tether canceling]
> tether
> let go of tether
> any aerial movement

Technique #5: [invincibility refresh]
> let go of edge
> tether (slightly delayed)
> grab edge (immediately when tether connects)

Technique #6: [edgeguard "wall"]
> tether (aerial, in opponent's recovery path)

Technique #7: [better than speed hugging :p]
> dash
> tether (aerial)
> grab edge (immediately when tether connects)

<_<;

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, I tested out whistling the jab->shory with Biglou yesterday.

It's not practical if he does it correctly. :/

Either the timing is too difficult and impractical or it's impossible.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Guys, I tested out whistling the jab->shory with Biglou yesterday.

It's not practical if he does it correctly. :/

Either the timing is too difficult and impractical or it's impossible.
its still an option we have, and when fighting luigi, its our only option, its still extremely practical because of that

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Take the word "impractical" however you want. If you wanna do it, go ahead. I'll be DIing the jabs instead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom