• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
It's part of my job Kenni. I'm the "NEW" event coordinator for TX's LDA.INC - which is a new up and coming company in TX.

That company is also sponsoring this tournament too.

I'm incredibly excited for both tournaments. :)

What's The Point

Smash Master
I hope VG Boot Camp can rearrange their schedule to put Melee and Brawl on separate days in reverse of what this tournament has. That way I can go to both. If not, I'm coming to this one though.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Awesome sauce!!! Thanks man, I appreciate your loyalty. <3

Good lord, I can't stand that my tournament and VGbootcamp's are on the same day/weekend. I hope an incident like this NEVER EVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

:(

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I did the Texas -> Wisconsin no-stops-except-gas trip this summer. Sorry Webster, but NOOOOOO. I'm not driving for 22 hours straight until NEXT Quakecon :p

*edit* Why so KoF? Are your sponsors pushing that, or is there an actual community for it down there?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I did the Texas -> Wisconsin no-stops-except-gas trip this summer. Sorry Webster, but NOOOOOO. I'm not driving for 22 hours straight until NEXT Quakecon :p

*edit* Why so KoF? Are your sponsors pushing that, or is there an actual community for it down there?
Actually those very SAME SNK/KOF games, are going to be at this tournament TOO!!! I'm kinda spoiling some up coming surprises. But that's one of them.

Hint for the next one:

How much MONEY, does it take to help the chicken across yellow brick road, to get to my tournament??? :psycho:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My god, this tournament keeps getting better and better.

I'm not missing this no matter what, hell I might even come day 2 if possible.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys this tournament is coming up fast. Are you guys ready? I hope so. :bee:

LET'S HYPE THE LIVING **** OUTA THIS THREAD YO!!!

Alright, we need EVERYONE who hasn't pre registered yet to do so. Once again it takes a community's interest to gain interest for tournaments/events (etc.). So if you're comiing to this tournament, please provide the following:

- Name/Username
- And what tournament games you want to participate in.

Here's the Pre Reg list as of today:

Guys...

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

CoF: A.S.C

Pre Reg List

SSBB Singles:

- devildigimon (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- mew2king (OH)
- simamatty (WI)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- kennispam! (WI)
- D1 (NY)

SSBB Singles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- landry (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- oro (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- kennispam! (WI)
- zwarm (IL)

SSBB Doubles:

- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- mew2king (OH)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)

SSBB Doubles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- red ryu (WI)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- oro (IL)
- simamatty (WI)

SSBM Singles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- arty (IL) *maybe*
- quaz (WI)
- wafles (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- supermatt (IL)
- devil ray (IL)
- D1 (NY)

SSBM Doubles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- quaz (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- supermatt (IL)

SSBB+:

- devildigimon (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- D1 (NY)

SSB64:

- mew2king (OH)
- yoshq (WI)
- landry (WI)
- supermatt (IL)
- kappy (IL)
- zwarm (IL)

Naruto Rev 3:

- devildigimon (WI)
- dark kakashi (IL)
- dark sasuke (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- Killtz (MI) *maybe*
- Akatsuki (OH)
- killahj04 (IL)
- quaz (WI)
- D1 (NY)

SC2:

- devildigimon (WI)

SC4:

- devildigimon (WI)
- cosmo! (IL)
- wafles (WI) *maybe*
- zwarm (IL)
- D1 (NY)

SF4:

- red ryu (WI)
- killahj04 (IL)
- devil ray (IL)
- D1 (NY)

BB:

- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- D1 (NY)

GGXXAC:

- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- sponge (WI)

MBAA:

- devildigimon (WI)
- red ryu (WI)
- simamatty (WI)
- sponge (WI)

Confirmed Full Setups:

- devildigimon (SSBB/Naruto Rev 3/SC2/GGXXAC/MBAA
- dark kakashi (Naruto Rev3)
- wafles (SSBB/SSBM)
- yoshq (SSBB)
- red ryu (SSBB/Naruto Rev3)
- RaYzYrbYrn (Naruto Rev 3/GGXXAC/BB)
- Killtz (Naruto Rev 3)
- oro (ALL SMASH)
- sponge (SSBB)

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE OR IN THE CORRECT SPOTS ON THE PRE REGISTER LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!
Rules for ALL tournament games will be posted tomorrow.

And expect to see another awesome announcement too. :bee:

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Competitive Connect Four (WI and IL Power-Rankings to come). This is NOT a joke.
So, at the last MAS there was some intense Connect Four play. Between the rapidly advancing metagame and Webster's erratic cries of joy and astonishment, it was then decided... that Connect Four was going to be hosted at the next MAS tournament. Additionally, I have taken it upon myself to develop a solid rule set and establish the Power Rankings! (Panelists needed!)

So, firstly, I'm going to take a horrendous crack at a mission statement:

To provide a lighter but still intense atmosphere for gamers and improve Connect Four skill and general critical thinking. Also, simply to provide personal enjoyment for any who wish to play or view games.

(Also to hear Webster flip out moar because it brings immense joy to everyone. :D )

The rules are as such:

1) Red moves first on the first game. Players can decide amongst themselves which player is red (Rock Paper Scissors is always a good method. Coin tosses are effective as well.)
2) Regular matches will be best 2 out of 3 games. In the result of a draw, it will be disregarded and play will continue until one player has two wins. Grand Finals will consist of matches that are best 3 of 5. Winner must gain victory by two wins in grand finals.
3) The loser of the first game goes first second game, and same applies to second and third game. In the result of a draw, again, players will decide amongst themselves who will move first in the following game, using either a coin toss or Rock, Paper, Scissors.
4) Overwhelmingly broken AT's are banned. This includes, but is not limited to:

* The Buuda Double-Chip-Drop (and anything involving the dropping of more than one chip in a single turn)
* The Buuda Chip-Dump Glitch
* The Buuda Chip-Removal Glitch
* The Chip-Snatch (Stealing an opponents chips while he/she isn't looking in order to force him/her to have less turns)

5) There is a 5-time use cap on Board Flipping per player. Only one flip is allowed per turn between both players.

*Mind games are encouraged, but whispering sexy poetry in your opponent's ear is discouraged, and use of such or similar methods in overwhelming excess may result in your forfeit of the game. The match will continue to the next game assuming that the forfeit did not result in your opponent getting 2 wins in the case of a regular match, or winning by 2 if it is a grand finals match.

Power Rankings are not yet established, but I will try to get some up after the first tournament, seeing as how there has been no real competitive play as of yet. Again, I'm looking for panelists!

So, get to that first tourney and fight for those rankings-to-come!

"If this **** ain't hype, I don't know what is!!!" - Webster

Moozle

Smash Champion
- Name/Username: Moozle
- And what tournament games you want to participate in: SSBB, SSBB+, maybe SSBB LT, and maybe teams if someone wants to partner with me :)

And I promise that this time I'll stop noobin' it up and get out of pools:lick:

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and I'm preregistering.

Buuda (WI)

SSBB Singles
SBBB Singles (LT)
SSBB Doubles
SSBB Doubles (LT)
CONNECT FOUR! (EPIC-TIER!)

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
I'll be accepting petty-change MMs for my PT. I haven't played enough good people to be confident in doing larger amounts, but get at me, biatches!
(By petty-change, I mean like, 50 cents, lol. Mexican=broke-***)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Jesus Buuda, don't become the new Kennispam, learn to edit your posts.
I'm not gonna plan these money matches, just get at me the day of the tourney, I'll accept no less than $1, no more than $5

Landry

Smash Ace
is there an airport close to this or somewhere? I will prob make it if I flew. will have to talk to m2k about this
Milwaukee and O'Hare are both pretty close.

Wafles- PT dittos, what what?

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Jesus Buuda, don't become the new Kennispam, learn to edit your posts.
I'm not gonna plan these money matches, just get at me the day of the tourney, I'll accept no less than $1, no more than $5
Yeah, I forgot to edit those few up there. Mah bad. I just started using SB, so I'm still learning. lol.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Kels. Ally, and anyone else who just said they were coming but didn't provide what games they'll play:

What games are u entering?

Top Bottom