• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

Quik17

Smash Ace
I vote no on the ban. Ike is good, but he isn't broken.

Also, I propose we do a top 5 payout for this event in singles.

We can use the payout that Alphazealot uses for the Ohio tourneys:

1. 48%
2. 24%
3. 12%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
If I get more Guranteed Pot Bonus money, that payout (you mentioned Quik) will be considered. But for now, it's going to stay where it is.

Everyone is encouraged to come to this tournament with their A-Game. If you wanna be in the monies, yha gotta play to WIN at all times. :D

Guys...

Before POUND 4 and my tournament in Feb, here are some "encouraging" entries from Capcom's Seth Killian. Just apply what u need, to smash. And you should be good to go:

* You can Lead a Scrub to Water, but you can't make em think!!! - By Seth Killian

* On Cheapness!!! - By Seth Killian

* So, you want to be a Dominator!!! - By Seth Killian

Hope some of this helps. :D

hunger!

Smash Champion
I vote no on the ban. Ike is good, but he isn't broken.

Also, I propose we do a top 5 payout for this event in singles.

We can use the payout that Alphazealot uses for the Ohio tourneys:

1. 48%
2. 24%
3. 12%
4. 8%
5. 4%
5. 4%
i vote for this payout. having a "regional" event being just top 3 is ********.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Okay I made up my mind about the Smash related game payouts. One of the goals of this tournament: is to encourage players to PLAY TO WIN!

Payouts are going to be pretty strict...so not much room for bending. Come with your A+ game, and you really won't have many issues.

The payout will be as follows and WILL NOT CHANGE:

50 participants or less:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

50+ (51 and so on) participants:

1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% (each)

I don't know why smash has to be the ONLY exception to other fighting games as far as payouts are concerned. I am sooo used to 70/20/10 percentage. It has NEVER FAILED and ALWAYS ENCOURAGED players to play their best. If you want me to be honest, and I don't mean to be rude...but smash players are kinda spoiled. I have realized this in the past couple years. But it's cool I suppose. :confused:

Payouts will be reflected in the first post soon.

Also and I am VERY VERY...VERY serious about this:

POT SPLITTING IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!!

If I have to go into detail...I will. :mad:

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
MN HYPE WHERE YOU AT!

I want to go badly and I've heard rumors of MN going.

Any Yoshi mains coming to this?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Man I'd love to add to that Pro's list on the main page. :D

Anyone else in particular wanna confirm they are coming to this tournament? :D
:bee:

And also...

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

CoF: A.S.C

Pre Reg List

Please Note: Pre Registration just started in December/09, this tournament has been posted since October on a variety of websites. I am opening Pre Registration now, to get a more accurate count of who's definitely coming to this tournament. So please Pre Register for the games you want to play, and show your support.

SSBB Singles:

- devildigimon (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- mew2king (OH)
- simamatty (WI)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- kennispam! (WI)
- lain (MI)
- D1 (NY)
- moozle (IL)
- buuda (WI)
- earth swords man 009 (OH)

SSBB Singles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- landry (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- oro (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- kennispam! (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- buuda (WI)

SSBB Doubles:

- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- mew2king (OH)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- moozle (IL) *maybe*
- buuda (WI)

SSBB Doubles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- red ryu (WI)
- landry (WI)
- hunger (WI)
- sponge (WI)
- oro (IL)
- simamatty (WI)
- buuda (WI)

SSBM Singles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- arty (IL) *maybe*
- quaz (WI)
- wafles (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- supermatt (IL)
- devil ray (IL)
- D1 (NY)
- t-rav (IL)

SSBM Doubles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- quaz (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- supermatt (IL)
- t-rav (IL)

SSBB+:

- devildigimon (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- mew2king (OH)
- oro (IL)
- D1 (NY)
- moozle (IL)
- blind (IL)

SSB64:

- mew2king (OH)
- yoshq (WI)
- landry (WI)
- supermatt (IL)
- kappy (IL)
- zwarm (IL)
- quaz (WI)

Naruto Rev 3:

- devildigimon (WI)
- dark kakashi (IL)
- dark sasuke (IL)
- red ryu (WI)
- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- Killtz (MI) *maybe*
- Akatsuki (OH)
- killahj04 (IL)
- quaz (WI)
- D1 (NY)

SC2:

- devildigimon (WI)
- t-rav (IL)

SC4:

- devildigimon (WI)
- cosmo! (IL)
- wafles (WI) *maybe*
- zwarm (IL)
- D1 (NY)
- t-rav (IL)

SF4:

- red ryu (WI)
- killahj04 (IL)
- devil ray (IL)
- D1 (NY)

BB:

- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- D1 (NY)

GGXXAC:

- RaYzYrbYrn (CA)
- sponge (WI)

MBAA:

- devildigimon (WI)
- red ryu (WI)
- simamatty (WI)
- sponge (WI)

Confirmed Full Setups:

- devildigimon (SSBB/Naruto Rev 3/SC2/GGXXAC/MBAA
- dark kakashi (Naruto Rev3)
- wafles (SSBB/SSBM)
- yoshq (SSBB)
- red ryu (SSBB/Naruto Rev3)
- RaYzYrbYrn (Naruto Rev 3/GGXXAC/BB)
- Killtz (Naruto Rev 3)
- oro (ALL SMASH)
- sponge (SSBB)

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE OR IN THE CORRECT SPOTS ON THE PRE REGISTER LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!
Yes this deserved it's own post lol. :psycho:

Akashi

Smash Lord
Late post, sorry. Regarding the Ike ban:

No. Check out the last M.A.S results: 1st and 2nd went to players who don't use Ike. I'm actually getting annoyed lately at all these johns about Ike being "broken" and sh*t. You all just need to learn the MU, and figure out how to take back control when he's jab-canceling you/pressuring you.

In terms of MUs, Ike goes even/advantage on almost all low-tier, but he DOES have disadvantages. He has no significant MUs past 60:40 on any of the low-tier cast, and has a few disadvantages (Samus, arguably Mario, maybe Falcon, definitely Squirtle and Ness). He's not MK broken in low-tiers, he's just good. Imo he's a lot like Snake: a beast if he gets control, but starts to crumble if you can aggro him enough. Finally, don't point fingers at Kirk or Meneil and say "that's why we don't like Ike." they're an exception. They've placed SO much dedication into their character and they reap the rewards of being able to outsmart their opponent AND win with a sh*tty character. That's like saying CF should be mid-tier because Ally nearly took matches off M2K and Dojo's MK (which is true). Sometimes it's not the character, but the player themselves.

If I wasn't teaming with Meneil (she likes LT a lot) I wouldn't even enter if Ike was banned, and Ike's a THIRD of mine. Falcon is a solid secondary, and hell I use him in LT. It's the principle that a few (not all) don't understand the MU and now you want to him gone because he gives you trouble.

P.S: Double Ike in teams is hardly "broken".He's slow and he can't help his teammate once he's off-stage, so you need to pick one and harass him. His set-ups are powerful, that is definitely true.

I'll leave you with a quote from an Ike main in the EC: "Any of Ike's MUs are at least 50:50 if you can outsmart your opponent."

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey I got a great idea, let's insult the people who are going to make or break your tourny
how can you call smash players "spoiled?" The game is for the players. That is how it should be, what people want is what people should get.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Sign me up for Singles and LT singles for now.

Why are we considering banning one character? I don't understand this. The original argument was whether or not D tier should be included in Low Tier events. Many people have solid reasoning for believing that D tier isn't actually low tier. THAT is what we should be voting on.

So I vote no, don't ban Ike.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
hey I got a great idea, let's insult the people who are going to make or break your tourny
how can you call smash players "spoiled?" The game is for the players. That is how it should be, what people want is what people should get.
You are reading way to hard into what I posted. So let's chill before this gets taken outa porportion. I am very...very...VERY, good to all my regulars that attend my tournaments. Anyone who KNOWS ME, will tell you that. And I have worked HARD to get this tournament to where it is now. And considering all the successful tournaments I have had/ran/and been too, I think my credibility speaks for itself.

Before you jump to conclusions. :mad:

So when I say: I feel Smash players are being spoiled, I mean that me coming from a tradional competitive fighting game community, I am NOT used to payouts going higher than top 3, or not being the traditional 70/20/10, or having eons and eons of rules/bans - for their tournaments.

And now I am starting to realize how much everyone (in this community) wants such and such to cater to their needs/wants (a prime example would be the Ike discussion we are currently having). Where the motive at each tournament should be: TO PLAY TO WIN!!! At all times.

Is this insulting? I personally don't think so. But people can believe what they want. Like you can. But I personally think it should be looked at as motivation. To bite the bullet and for once give a tournament your all. Instead of shooting for "barely making it" and getting the lil scraps u can muster.

$0.2

Let me repost this, incase ANYONE MISSED IT:

Guys...

Before POUND 4 and my tournament in Feb, here are some "encouraging" entries from Capcom's Seth Killian. Just apply what u need, to smash. And you should be good to go:

* You can Lead a Scrub to Water, but you can't make em think!!! - By Seth Killian

* On Cheapness!!! - By Seth Killian

* So, you want to be a Dominator!!! - By Seth Killian

Hope some of this helps. :D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Akashi, DLA, and Jonomatic I got u all down. Thanks for pre-registering.

Everyone else is encouraged to do so too, who haven't done so yet.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Sign me up for Singles and LT singles for now.

Why are we considering banning one character? I don't understand this. The original argument was whether or not D tier should be included in Low Tier events. Many people have solid reasoning for believing that D tier isn't actually low tier. THAT is what we should be voting on.

So I vote no, don't ban Ike.
Nobody mainly cares about Zelda/PT/Bowser. So yes, most people are talking about just Ike.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Nobody mainly cares about Zelda/PT/Bowser. So yes, most people are talking about just Ike.
I saw at least 4 players using PT for low tiers last tournament. And I know at least 2 people will be using Zelda, and that's only from the tournament's regulars. You're right that no one cares about Bowser though :p

Still, this isn't just about Ike. Banning Ike would be 10x more stupid than banning MK.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I wasn't talking ****. I personally don't give a **** I'm not placing top 5 anyway
but I'm just saying a lot of people would be pissed by what you said, you said it in a pretty poor manner. why not just say "smash players expect the TOs to cater to the average player more than other fighters"?
That way you state your point without being condescending.
also, comparing melee to brawl's debate over ike=fail lol
edit-lmao the only thing I'd trust that is "wayne approved" is the quality of a bakery's bread if ya know what i'm saying

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Well that's your opinion. And I'll leave it at that. I already stated mine.

And you don't need to trust anyone's opinion. Come find out for yourself...

is all I can say.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I saw at least 4 players using PT for low tiers last tournament. And I know at least 2 people will be using Zelda, and that's only from the tournament's regulars. You're right that no one cares about Bowser though :p

Still, this isn't just about Ike. Banning Ike would be 10x more stupid than banning MK.
I mean mainly nobody cares about fighting the above mentioned (except Ike).

Top Bottom