• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

Landry

Smash Ace
first post updated with rules

edit...

for most games
Check your PMs. I got your SSB64 rules dawg.

Also, who thinks they can bring a SSB64 setup. We're gonna do it on the Wii, so if your bringing a setup for Brawl or Melee that has SSB64 capabilities that's great! Keep in mind that everything must be unlocked (duhh) and that you must have completed 75 vs. matches in order to turn items off.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Check your PMs. I got your SSB64 rules dawg.

Also, who thinks they can bring a SSB64 setup. We're gonna do it on the Wii, so if your bringing a setup for Brawl or Melee that has SSB64 capabilities that's great! Keep in mind that everything must be unlocked (duhh) and that you must have completed 75 vs. matches in order to turn items off.
OMFG YOU CAN TURN ITEMS OFF?!???!? O_O

mind=blown

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
First post updated!!!

- Ike Is Pending Ban for Low Tier Brawl singles/doubles. Community Vote Is Taking Place Now, Final Decision Will Be Made On Feb 17th 2010.

Vote now.

Ban Ike in Low Tier Brawl singles/doubles?

Yay (Yes) or Nay (No)?

DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT COMING TO THE TOURNAMENT, OR ARE NOT PLAYING IN LOW TIER BRAWL TOURNAMENTS!

hunger!

Smash Champion
im ok with ike. just not DOUBLE IKE. ****'s so gay. i vote ban him in doubles. allow him in singles. or 1 ike per team or something to that sort. he is not low tier when all you have to do with him is jab out of shield. fair and throw out random smashes.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Actually I agree, only ban in low tier doubles. Keep him in singles.

Ike in singles isn't broken, ike in doubles is pretty broken.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
First post updated!!!

Ike Is Pending Ban for Low Tier Brawl singles/doubles. Community Vote Is Taking Place Now, Final Decision Will Be Made On Feb 17th 2010.[/SIZE]

Vote now.

Ban Ike in Low Tier Brawl singles/doubles?

Yay (Yes) ![/B]

**** dat ***, he should be banned

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
everyone counters Ganon :p
Fixed.

Ike is too broken for low tier singles AND doubles IMO. But he's much more broken in doubles than in singles (especially two of them on the same team - that's just a stupid match).

Anyways, I don't think we should just ban one character... we should just ban D tier. Ike is the lowest character in D tier, so just banning him would be arbitrary. Everyone in D tier has a considerable advantage against the rest of low tier in general, so it's unfair to allow these characters.

Landry

Smash Ace
Fixed.

Ike is too broken for low tier singles AND doubles IMO. But he's much more broken in doubles than in singles (especially two of them on the same team - that's just a stupid match).

Anyways, I don't think we should just ban one character... we should just ban D tier. Ike is the lowest character in D tier, so just banning him would be arbitrary. Everyone in D tier has a considerable advantage against the rest of low tier in general, so it's unfair to allow these characters.
I agree with this and would support banning D tier, but I doubt it'll happen.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I dunno much about low tiers but why is Ike a problem? lol

I guess I vote no cuz I don't see what's wrong with Ike unless someone can tell me...

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dietz's official Ike ban Vote: Nay

Webster, how could you? This tournament is in Illinois for god sakes man! Illinois! What have you done!? (watch me lose in low tiers to an Ike now)

EDIT: Oh snap $200 pot bonus for Naruto Rev 3? I think you just pushed me over the edge in my internal debate of whether to get in on that game or not. As of next week Dietz will be a Revolution fighting machine. Look out Fatboy and Dark Kakashi! (who sadly doesn't use Kakashi... what a let down amirite?)

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Oh snap $200 pot bonus for Naruto Rev 3? I think you just pushed me over the edge in my internal debate of whether to get in on that game or not. As of next week Dietz will be a Revolution fighting machine. Look out Fatboy and Dark Kakashi! (who sadly doesn't use Kakashi... what a let down amirite?)
*****es better watch out, WISCONSIN Takin that **** and by wisconsin i mean me and grimace and by that i mean grimace will beat me in finals

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
This is my Rev3 retirement tourney (for reasons I'll PM or announce after the tournament). I'm gonna pass the tourch of BEST REV3 PLAYER IN WI to either Grimace or Fatboy, which ever one beats me in that tournament or at all the whole day. We could just money match or whatever.

I'm thinking about adding Naruto Accel 2 to the tournament list.

It's by far my favorite (and the best) Naruto fighting game ever (sad part is it's not accessible to everyone since it's on *** PS2). Look up some match vids. The game is offically called:

Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 2

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ummm as someone who has played through many low tier tourneys, Ike is FAR from broken. Pokemon Trainer, Ness, and Sonic are OUT OF HIS LEAGUE. Ike is just really simple to use, but very predictible and limited. If Ike's banned I'm not even gonna enter that's just unfair/gay. Low level play he's great but high level he's nowhere near as good. Shugo and Malcom and Inui and many Ike/Sonics and NJ people I talk to agree with me, and Fow thinks Ness is Mid/High tier. Squirtle is top tier, Charizard is mid, Ivy is bottom.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Bowser + Ganondorf x Richard Simmons = Webster

This is fact. :bee:

That type of character in Brawl would be toooooo L33T!!! <3

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
ummm as someone who has played through many low tier tourneys, Ike is FAR from broken. Pokemon Trainer, Ness, and Sonic are OUT OF HIS LEAGUE. Ike is just really simple to use, but very predictible and limited. If Ike's banned I'm not even gonna enter that's just unfair/gay. Low level play he's great but high level he's nowhere near as good. Shugo and Malcom and Inui and many Ike/Sonics and NJ people I talk to agree with me, and Fow thinks Ness is Mid/High tier. Squirtle is top tier, Charizard is mid, Ivy is bottom.
^----- This

yoshq

Smash Master
Fixed.

lets not team this tourney... anyone wanna team for LT dubz?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman

I just want my LT main not to be banned
italicization/bold for emphasis?

Top Bottom