• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

vericz

Smash Champion
ehh brawl =/ but i think im busy that weekend. and 15 for everything isnt bad for a day of fun. EVERYONE had fun at the last one and it was too good hanging out with some newer melee ppl like finch frames and pengie.

Keep coming guys, especially for melee :)

Frames

DI
ehh brawl =/ but i think im busy that weekend. and 15 for everything isnt bad for a day of fun. EVERYONE had fun at the last one and it was too good hanging out with some newer melee ppl like finch frames and pengie.

Keep coming guys, especially for melee :)
truu, especially getting dessert at mcdonalds, 49 cent cones, too good

also good job changin it back to melee hbox :)

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Thanks Juan. I'll try my hardest to come. I'm going to Washington to visit Rohins and Eggz and stuff for a tourney, so I'm going to need to save as much money as possible.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
dang mooney ur always traveling and stuff

didn't you say you were going to evo, and now this?

ur hitting up every tourney lol
i love to travel what can i say

yooo i was ready to go too I'll tell you what happened over AIM sometime

yea

he's probably going for another reason

and just conveniently smashing with those peeps
Gameclucks national tourney suhn

Laijin

Smash Hero
For biweeklies man, $10 for singles and $5 for teams is good enough. To be honest, biweeklies is pretty frequent. So thats why thats actually a good suggestion.
Don't have a door fee and charge those prices for the tournament and your good. If not many people show up, then its okay to charge less for the tournament according to what everyone wants($5 for teams, $5 for singles?). But like I said before, if the doorfee is not going towards food and rest in the pot, then it does not make the tournament look attractive at all.

vericz

Smash Champion
For biweeklies man, $10 for singles and $5 for teams is good enough. To be honest, biweeklies is pretty frequent. So thats why thats actually a good suggestion.
Don't have a door fee and charge those prices for the tournament and your good. If not many people show up, then its okay to charge less for the tournament according to what everyone wants($5 for teams, $5 for singles?). But like I said before, if the doorfee is not going towards food and rest in the pot, then it does not make the tournament look attractive at all.
Then dont come, wow :ohwell:

Renth

Smash Hero
LaiJohns .

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yeeaaa..I made my point.
End Conclusion: HBox is not doing a great job at building the melee community up as these biweeklies are for(Lack of melee tournaments?).
But thats just my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, then ignore it. If you agree with it, then your awesome. :]

Sonic Boom.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
You don't take money from people for yourselves at tourneys.

Thats just as bad as taking money out of the pot.

If I held melee tourneys, and I had a 5 dollar door fee, and every person in your crew came, would be you be happy knowing that instead of using that money to help buy food and stuff, I'm stuffing it in my pocket?

I don't think so.

I may be complaining, but its just annoying to see somebody be able to profit off of tourneys like this. Placing is one thing.
um, i would be perfectly fine. the point of a door fee is to let us use your place as a venue!!!! your supposed to pocket it. but then all the pot is left alone. If i help tournies at my own house i would have a door fee too. WTF?!?

why are we even crying about this.

-hiro

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
um, i would be perfectly fine. the point of a door fee is to let us use your place as a venue!!!! your supposed to pocket it. but then all the pot is left alone. If i help tournies at my own house i would have a door fee too. WTF?!?

why are we even crying about this.

-hiro
No, you don't make a door fee to pocket money.

>_>

Why would you quote something two pages ago.

Top Bottom