• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah theres smash at my place (being the place I'm house sitting, number 14 on my street)
pretty much all weekend lol, but I wanna run a tourney test run of my ruleset (could be an actual tourney if we get more then 12 people)

so for that, probs run it around 4-12.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
It was just some stupid thing that spawned in one of the Perth threads somewhere.

I was just bored and was doing it here and there.
So I apologise for it.

What's going on fellas?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm busyish in the morning and ****, I dont think much will be happening before 4, and nothing at all before 12.

Spikz

Smash Rookie
can anyone give me a lift from palmerston? I can spot some gas$ or a beer

14/f/cali

Smash Rookie
morning all,

my names simon, i work with Katzenhomo. keen to come along for a smash some time. invested many hours into the game but not for a long time. starting to get withdrawls...

hopefully catch you soon. (must first acquire Wii and get less crap again)

cheers.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
Duuuude, ToS was epic! Why have I never played that game before?! We need to do that again some time :D

Hmmm, Thursday huh? I might be able to do that, not sure at this point.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
could potentially do wednesday instead.

Also, to generate some discussion here: how do people feel about the MLG ruleset, especially in regards to a unified AUS ruleset as has been discussed for some time now? Is it broken/not broken/interesting?

I think this is especially relevant to ACT, as we currently use a fairly limited selection of stages both for our tournaments and for our casual play. Should we be practising with wider stage variety, in case the stage selection opens up in the near future due to a unified ruleset, or for interstate tournies which may not have as restrictive a stage list as us?

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Reasons why the ACT scene will never take off:

1. You lot ignore new-comers.
2. You all changed your DPs to anime characters shortly after talking with the Sydney smashers.
3. Poor personal hygiene.
4. "I got work on Thursday."

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the community has already done alot of testing and reviewing of stages and has come to what they think is the best possible stage list, and I agree with them.

if you want to test some of the mlg stages like norfair and green greens, I'll play them with you and you'll quickly see my point.

**** zier, the scene has taken off.
hi newguy whatup

14/f/cali

Smash Rookie
hi.

just reading through the first post. when are you free to meet my mum?. she doesnt trust random internet strangers, ill make some Tang.

ive also been told i need to ask about meats. what cuts do you offer, im a king island sirloin kinda guy.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Just a warning, Simon, Luke tends to look rather smug after he wins a match.

I managed to snap a shot of Luke's Victory Face after he beat this guy we all hate called Scoot:

Throwback

Smash Lord
Luke you **** zier anyway, what would that prove? More relevant would be if I play zier on green greens. Interestingly enough, I've been playing distant planet with daz & that is one of my fave levels now. The walkoff's no problem so far.

Hi newgirl. Don't trust zier he's just waiting for a chance to enslave you and make you build pyramids.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Hello new person welcome to the ACT scene. We are all collectively and individually better than everyone else.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
Hey newcomer :-). Best thing to do is just turn up to some meets when you have the time- that's pretty much how we all get to know each other etc, and they're generally organised through this thread.

the community has already done alot of testing and reviewing of stages and has come to what they think is the best possible stage list, and I agree with them.

if you want to test some of the mlg stages like norfair and green greens, I'll play them with you and you'll quickly see my point.

**** zier, the scene has taken off.
hi newguy whatup
Although it would be cool to discuss the banned stages with you, to increase my metagame knowledge if nothing else, the legality of the stages in ACT tournies wasn't really the issue I was trying to raise. Rather I was wondering what people thought of MLG's stage rules and the idea of unified stage lists/tourney rules across aus, and secondarily, if using a smaller stage list will gimp us in terms of stage experience if/when we compete with other states which are more permissive.

As far as I can tell Australia seems to be quite conservative with it's stage lists so this may not be much of an issue at the moment. Might become one once we look at universal rules though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
australia wide its all very similar, the stages that arent on you dont need to learn, act has probably more stages on then the other states anyways.

and the majority view of the mlg stage list is that its **** and they dont know what they are doing.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Which leads me to wonder, I gotta go check the perth tournament listings thread to see if they have our stage lists there.

I've only got FD, SV, BF and YI on random. :/
But then again I dont really do anything but play Brawl by myself/against coms.

Nanda

Smash Ace
we don't ignore newcomers. didn't i scare away a few newcomers from paying too much attention to them >:D/ i am up for thurs

C~Dog

Smash Champion
You need a system where newcomers are grandually introduced to people in the scene, finishing with nanda so they don't get scared off.

Top Bottom