• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
Lol, i'll go with you to the columbus tournament if you'll take me. :p But yeah, just name a place that isn't too far away and i'll try to make it.

RAM: Where is this biweekly at?

Sensai

Smash Master
Sorry JWT2k, you missed it.

We never got your message 'cause we left at around that time. Sorry again....

But I would (and I'm sure Moogle would) be willing to play with you sometime. Leave it to Moogle to do specifics, though. He's the mathematician...

Sensai

Smash Master
Alright...well, me and Moogle got done with our tourney. I took my day off, dumped my girlfriend, and am now 100% ready to play some more Smash.

:-D

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
HEY JWTk6 If thats you real name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats up with the mobile? Why you dissin my town

moogle

Smash Ace
I stole an idea from the Florida thread. On the first page of this thread, I put links to each person's profile. Just click the person's name.

Two people on the smashers list haven't posted in this thread: Scrappy and Rei. I know Scrappy... and I think I've met Rei. :p But I don't know if they have smashboards names.

Three people from Alabama posted in this thread, but aren't on the smashers list: Medivh, Zamzi, and SuicideDolls (I think he's from AL... or maybe LA or MS). If any of you see this and want to be added, let me know... and tell me what characters you play. :p

Lastly... there's a bunch of mysterious Huntsville area smashers I haven't met yet: JWT2k6, Shin Marth, Redspex, Medivh. Let's fight! Especially you, JWT2k6.

Even more lastly... I got a Wii yesterday. :grin: My Wii number is in my profile.

One more "lastly"... the tournaments section in the first page is looking kinda bleak. Falconpunchtion is the only one holding us up. Any updates on biweeklies? Any more tourneys around Alabama that I should put up there?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Glad we could be of some insperation. ^_^

Suicide Dolls and his brother Mr. Perfect live in Gulf Shores which is about an hour south of Mobile and even closer to the FL border. Last I heard Suicide Dolls was an ICs main and Mr. P. played Sheik. It's been several months since I smashed with them though so that may have changed.

Remember there's also DS_Smasher in Mobile, he's the one who ran the Docking Station tourney that me and you won teams at. I haven't heard from him since Docking Station shut down though so I don't know if he's still smashing. His mains were Marth and Roy.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sensai: I play Fox as main. But I can also play Jigglypuff (I usually WoP) and Mr. Game & Watch (Not nearly on the level as my Fox. He's my weakest character.) But yeah, like I said, you guys make a time and a place and i'll try my hardest to be there. They have a weekly gamefest at UAH starting at 8:00 p.m. and ending at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays at the NCRH.(Although i'm not sure if you have to attend UAH to be able to get in.) (And yes, if you want to come tonight, I'll be there at 8. Otherwise I won't go.)

There. I just told you a place that me, you, and Moogle can meet up at. If you have any better suggestions, then I am up for that as well. I am so in love with SSBM, so I really want to meet other people and face some competition.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Does anybody know the release date for SSBB because if you do, please let me know that will help me out alot, and can the wii play the japanesse version of a game, without some kind of mod chip or something.

P.s. If the japanesse version coms out first just tell me the release date of that, well you can also tell me the release date of the American version to though.Thanks

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
No idea on the release of Brawl, but it's speculated to be Q4 2007. As in next holiday season.

Sensai

Smash Master
No one knows the release date of Brawl, sorry mate.

JWT, I have an excuse, but you're probably going to laugh at me....my mother loves American Idol, and me and her have been on the rocks, as of late. So, I'mma see if I can watch it with her.

But...Smash is life. So, me and Moogle might show up.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I need to know soon, because I won't go if I don't know anybody is going to be there. Oh, by the way, bring your controllers and a t.v. of medium size. We can meet somewhere close to the university so that i'll be able to take you to the right place and soforth.

moogle

Smash Ace
Sensai and I will be there. I'm pretty sure I can find NCRH. I know where CCRH is... I'll go north from there. ;) I'll try to be outside/inside NCRH around 8. I'll PM you my cell number, JWT. You can call me if I'm missing.

Oh yeah, I can bring a 15" LCD TV. Should I bring a cube?

(So many acronyms...)

Sensai

Smash Master
Was that a yes to the cube, or no?

And jeah, we'll be there. I'm thinking about picking up Zelda....heh. To combat those freakin' Peach's that pwn me.

Question: if I'm in a serious tourney and I'm playing Zelda/Sheik, am I allowed to legally switch to the other?

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, Moogle, Sensai, I got what I deserved tonight. That what happens when you don't play for an extended period, you get OWNED! But seriously, even if I had been playing for those 3 months, it would of been the same result. Maybe not as bad, but still the same. I'll see you two next week.

Oh, and by the way, would you mind displaying the SMG weekly in the post? Maybe we'll get some more people in when they see a new area. :p

moogle

Smash Ace
Woot, added to first post:

Huntsville Weekly Smashfest
-----------------------------------------
We're starting a weekly smashfest at UAH. It's going to be every Wednesday night, starting at 8pm, possibly lasting until midnight. It's at the NCRH (North Campus Residence Hall). Here's a campus map... our building is first on the list: http://www.uah.edu/News/map/index.php

A couple caveats: 1. The building is locked. Either flag down a passerby inside the building, or get the cell number of someone like me or JWT2k6. 2. This smashfest is part of a gaming club at UAH. There is a one-time fee of $5, good for a year or forever or something. If this $5 fee is deterring you from coming, then I will pay it for you. This offer won't last forever, so act now.

This week had 3 people: JWT2k6, Sensai, and me. But now we're publicizing, and we hope to grow to almost 4 people by next week.
-----------------------------------------
Did I do it right, JWT? Oh, is SMG the name of the club?

Thanks Manko and Rag for some info on our south AL smashers. :p I updated the list.

A question to anyone: I know a handful of Alabama smashers who are good but rather inactive: cahphoenix, afrotaki, cutepekkle, and shannanagins. Should I add them to the list without their consent? ;)

rice

Smash Journeyman
You need consent? I was added to the florida list without knowing how to find it or w/e. Same with a few people in my crew. So i doubt its a problem.

Sephranos

Smash Rookie
Woot, added to first post:

Did I do it right, JWT? Oh, is SMG the name of the club?

Thanks Manko and Rag for some info on our south AL smashers. :p I updated the list.

A question to anyone: I know a handful of Alabama smashers who are good but rather inactive: cahphoenix, afrotaki, cutepekkle, and shannanagins. Should I add them to the list without their consent? ;)

:**( Moogle you left me off the list wowzorz! And whats this about UAH? Yea thats what a 10 minute drive for me =P

j00t

Smash Champion
Fine job, Moogle. Also a good job on finding the campus map. :p

One update to mention: The 5 dollar fee is permanent. The club requires this one-time fee in order to pay for things like food and parties that they will be having throughout the year. So you're really not going to lose any money. Unless you don't come, that is.... ;)

Oh, btw Moogle, I saw one of your SSB matches with Isai. .....Wow. :p

moogle

Smash Ace
You need consent? I was added to the florida list without knowing how to find it or w/e. Same with a few people in my crew. So i doubt its a problem.
Haha, well... everyone on the Alabama list so far has posted their info in this thread, or they were suggested to be on the list directly by someone else. The 4 smashers I named have been pretty much inactive for a year or more, though. I've been holding off on adding them.

:**( Moogle you left me off the list wowzorz! And whats this about UAH? Yea thats what a 10 minute drive for me =P
You're on the main list in the first post, if that's what you mean. If you mean that list of 4 people I had.... well, you're not good or inactive. ;) Just playin. And yes, you should come with me and Sensai next week to UAH!

Fine job, Moogle. Also a good job on finding the campus map. :p

One update to mention: The 5 dollar fee is permanent. The club requires this one-time fee in order to pay for things like food and parties that they will be having throughout the year. So you're really not going to lose any money. Unless you don't come, that is.... ;)

Oh, btw Moogle, I saw one of your SSB matches with Isai. .....Wow. :p
Ya... I got owned by Isai. Everyone gets owned by Isai. :p All the matches on Youtube are not close. >_> Google Video has some closer ones.

Sensai

Smash Master
Not far enough for you to drive. Seriously, come up for one of these weekly things. Fo' **** sho'.

Moogle, JWT, we're gonna have to find more TV's and Cubes, probably.

And Moogle, we gotta start playing more. You're the only person around here that I can get better against, so let's make it happen. I want my cell phone to be ringing every hour on the hour at absolute LEAST.

And the release date for Brawl is not June 1st. They say that so as to stop the fanmail that they're getting.

moogle

Smash Ace
Beeswarm - Huntsville to Tuscaloosa is like 2 hours, or a little more. If you can make it to our weekly smashfests, then cool. :p In other news, you should find Thief. He goes to Alabama (in Tuscaloosa) as well. He's ranked as the best in AL. (source!) If you have AIM, his screenname is ItsGonRain227.

Sensai - You'll have to pry me away from my Wii first.... and WoW. -_-

moogle

Smash Ace
Oh, oh. Oh. Oh no. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
lol, a friend gave me his account, which still has a month or two left. I got a 15 mage now. I'll have to decide if I want to renew the account whenever it runs out. I think you'll be rooting for a "no". ;) Anyway, Wii Sports has occupied me for the past couple days.... and haven't even gotten to Twilight Princess yet. :embarrass

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
If you don't want to get addicted to a game, don't start Twilight Princess. It is freaking awesome. It makes so many references to past Zelda games. It's awesome. And Wii Sports is great fun. I've hit pro status in bowling. It's great.

But yeah, if Huntsville is only two hours away, then that's not bad at all. The way my schedule for college is set up, I have a near three day weekend every week. So I'll see what I can do.

Sensai

Smash Master
NO WOW. Don't do it Moogle. Without you, then...oh, hell, I dunno.

Someone needs to call Blizzard up, reporting stolen persons...

j00t

Smash Champion
WoW ain't all that great. Ragnarok Online, guys. RAGNAROK ONLINE!!!

And yes, Zelda is great. But i've already beaten it. No more greatness for me. :(

Top Bottom