• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

tanisdourden

Smash Rookie
wow its nice to see people from Bama here. have only met one person in the southern part that plays. i know there has to be more since the two local gamestops i asked at had around 100 preorder's combined. but still gaming isn't common in my current circle.
BTW i have not decided who i will main. even if i will main anybody. i play but i play for fun. i think i am decent to good in melee, hoping to improve more with brawl.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogs i dont really think tuscaloosa is "birmingham area",
i think you should at least put in parenthesis the actual place the person is from so as not to give the bham people the idea that people from tucaloosa are in their immediate access.

is it just me or is the cpu AI a hell of a lot better in this game

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, was a lot of fun, Sensai. The other guy is my friend who lives in Montgomery (Fox). George has met him, but he doesn't post on the boards (cause he's anti social like that).

You changed my mind about Metaknight. Used to think he was a scrub.

j00t

Smash Champion
Check the vid in my last post to see the *********** that is Dedede vs. DK.

Like... I really need the credit for this. I crave the attention. Gimmeh your <3's.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Did I say wolf's side taunt is the best taunt ever? Cause it is.

It's great when the other person is just waiting on the other side of the map.

What's the matter, scared?

Sensai

Smash Master
I thought the AI was really good too...but keep in mind, it's new. We had seven years with Melee's computers...give these ones some time. They'll be dumb soon enough.

Ah. Well, tell your friend Fox he's pretty **** good. And god **** your Zelda is scary. And George's DDD is great too.

Thanks for the Metakmight compliment, too. Everytime I play him I feel more and more comfortable letting Ike and *ew* Ganon go.

Also...everyone's seen Snake's secret codec taunts, right?

j00t

Smash Champion
Sensai. Play me nao. :<

/spam And also, Andy, Wario has a chaingrab on Donkey Kong until 150%. I'll test it out with you sometime later. And apparently Dedede can infinite chaingrab Mario, Luigi, and Samus as well. I <3 developers.

EDIT: One more thing. The infinite chaingrab DOES work on Bowser, but you have to move forward a little bit before you grab again. I tried this against another Dedede but it still didn't work. :x

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Sensai. Play me nao. :<

/spam And also, Andy, Wario has a chaingrab on Donkey Kong until 150%. I'll test it out with you sometime later. And apparently Dedede can infinite chaingrab Mario, Luigi, and Samus as well. I <3 developers.

EDIT: One more thing. The infinite chaingrab DOES work on Bowser, but you have to move forward a little bit before you grab again. I tried this against another Dedede but it still didn't work. :x
wtf, how did you do it against Samus? when i tried it, it didn't work for me, except for ONCE. is that one of those perfect frame situations? but srsly, poor DK. they really did **** up this game. down throws really should have been taken out, as some have already said.

edit: oh, and nice work on finding this out, j00t. i'm sure there's something else in this game we haven't found yet. but i don't think there'll be anything more ******** than this.

Midguy, i want to have a Zelda ditto with you now:) i want to see what all the hubbub is about with yours. i've GOT to get online D:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i noticed one dumb thing that level 9's do is they like immediately air dodge whenever they get launched. and I guess there's a period of vulnerability after an air dodge.
but they are wayyy better around the edge lol luigi and ness actually use their up and b., and they actually attempt to sweet spot the edge.

moogle

Smash Ace
moogs i dont really think tuscaloosa is "birmingham area",
i think you should at least put in parenthesis the actual place the person is from so as not to give the bham people the idea that people from tucaloosa are in their immediate access.

is it just me or is the cpu AI a hell of a lot better in this game
Well, Tuscaloosa is the 5th largest city in Alabama... so yeah, I'll give you guys your own region. :p

CPU players actually do aerials now :psycho: That haven't done that since smash64!

edit: I added some city names for people... look at the first post :x It probably could look better

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
i noticed one dumb thing that level 9's do is they like immediately air dodge whenever they get launched. and I guess there's a period of vulnerability after an air dodge.
but they are wayyy better around the edge lol luigi and ness actually use their up and b., and they actually attempt to sweet spot the edge.
The reason they air dodge is to slow themselves down. I've tested it a bit, and it seems to work. I think the CPU uses it a bit too much, but it is helpful at those high percentages in some cases.

One thing that amazed me last night is that I got d-tilt spammed by a Lvl. 9 Ness or Lucas until it made me trip, and from there he ****ing f-smashed me. It opened my eyes a bit, and now I go for d-tilt sweep > ground hammer with Kirby. It's pretty sick.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ok can anyone tell me just what the **** is going on in subspace emissary.

this dude gets all the nintendo bad guys to turn all the goodguys into trophies and also sucks up their world in to subspace.

why? what does he want

Majist

Smash Journeyman
well, count me out for tonight, RM(it's for Rigor Mortis. i shortened it cuz i'm clever:bee: )
it's too late for me. i gotta get up around 5am. poopy.

i got a Linksys router, but i can't get the Wii to connect to it! halp.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION DUELISTS!!!
my hair tells me this joke is overplayed!! aaaand...

I CAN BRAWL ONLINE!!!

check out my cool Brawl FC :O
<-------------- there it is

i have added everyone in this thread. accept me and prepare thyselves!

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
well congrats to you Majist, but dont be so happy cause online is nothing like offline fights. I'm still getting used to the online button lagg... so yea.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
woooo i got wrecked by j00t:laugh: gg's dude. i gotta get used to that lag. actually, we had virtually no lag. at least i didn't. and i really need to stop falling off the stage, lol

j00t

Smash Champion
Yes, gg's Majist. I hate you for counter-picking my Wario with ZSS though. But I learned a good out-of-shield attack, nair. It's fast and has two hits :p

nice1

Smash Lord
mines is on the left and for characters put down spacies, lucario, marth, Toon link, and ALOT MORE

Sensai

Smash Master
Will be adding Majist and nice1 tonight. Probably not going to be playing much though...gonna see a movie/get MGS working on my computer.

[Edit:]

Also, that thing about Tabuu's father made me laugh a whole bunch. Thanks Midguy.

[Edit 2:]

Good game Majist. Sorry, I had to run...although it DCed on its own. Weird. Good game regardless. Zelda's scary.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Added jwt and sensai to my buddylist

EDIT: I had fun decimating majist tonight with Wolf.

ULTRAKILL

We also determined that Mario is better than Sonic by a fireball.

j00t

Smash Champion
And Dedede is better than Mario by a trillion Waddle Dees, apparently. Sorry, just had to say it :p

mslano

Smash Journeyman
So, now that I've actually played my own copy of Brawl, I actually have an idea of which characters I'll play, rather than just guesses from playing twice.

If you could Andy, please change my characters to Luigi, Marth, Diddy. That will be the last change for a while, I promise.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
So the reason why I've been online on brawl all the time is because I'm usually playing people at Penny Arcade. It's starting to get harder to get matches at PA now. People are uh...avoiding me. One had this to say:

Fighting Munkus is like playing tennis with a wall. You keep hitting the ball towards the wall but it throws it back harder. Sure, you can keep trying and slowly chip away, and maybe even the wall will collapse at one point, but eventually it collapses on you and you die
Sooooo...I'm gonna need some more codes. And more people online. More often. This means you.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
yosup dudes and dudettes.
SunriseW12, Centre, Weegee. Do what you gotta do.

Also I'm gonna add most all of you, so be merciful and add me too. I dont want to have to play against lvl 9s my whole life.

Top Bottom