• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

nevershootme

Smash Master
So yea, does anyone live around the area in Huntsville by the Von Braun convention center? Cuz i'll be heading over there on thursday for a conference and If i have time, i would like to meet some of the brawl players up there for some casual matches. or at least wifi matches for the latter >_>

south florida represent :-p

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
How did the tourney go, guys?

Wow. I need more Olimar and Lucario training; got stomped online yesterday. Lag didn't help either.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
i need to go to a tournament. i put my 2 weeks in at my job last saturday. if there are any tourneys coming up soon, feel free to tell me. i might get sick and unable to work if one comes up before i am officially gone from my job.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
How did the tourney go, guys?

Wow. I need more Olimar and Lucario training; got stomped online yesterday. Lag didn't help either.
george beasted at got 9th. i got 25th. out of 49 i believe. and i think moogle and poet both tied for 33rd

Iori got 2nd, which is like gosh he's good at this game too. Mike G got first, and he quickly is showing that he's already on another level. like he stomped iori in the finals.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
heh, you guys were playing with my roomate.

i told you look for the T1J tag. that's how you'll know its me.
oh yeah, i forgot about you sayin that:grin:
So yea, does anyone live around the area in Huntsville by the Von Braun convention center? Cuz i'll be heading over there on thursday for a conference and If i have time, i would like to meet some of the brawl players up there for some casual matches. or at least wifi matches for the latter >_>

south florida represent :-p
YES! if you have time, we hold smashfests at moogle's place off university (PM him for directions). everyone shows up around 6pm. i'm available during the day, from 10am to 3pm, then i'll show up at moogle's, but if you are able to smash during those day hours, shoot me a PM and perhaps we can set something up. you can always add my FC too, cuz florida's close enough:grin:
i need to go to a tournament. i put my 2 weeks in at my job last saturday. if there are any tourneys coming up soon, feel free to tell me. i might get sick and unable to work if one comes up before i am officially gone from my job.
there's a tourney at UA on Saturday, April the 26th. i'll post a link in a minute.
george beasted at got 9th. i got 25th. out of 49 i believe. and i think moogle and poet both tied for 33rd

Iori got 2nd, which is like gosh he's good at this game too. Mike G got first, and he quickly is showing that he's already on another level. like he stomped iori in the finals.
are there any videos anywhere? a thread, perhaps?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so, i'm guessing smashboards will be entirely unreadable for the entirety of april fools day, but i'll post this anyway. In fact I bet this post will be hilarious today.

i'm gonna keep my characters how it is, just to save moogle the effort, but just like in melee, i'm on a quest to learn every character. and yes, i think i will give yoshi a shot this time *shudders*.

but right now Diddy and Marth appear to easily be my best characters

but i believe I also play a decent Fox, Sheik, Zelda, Peach, Jiggs, Olimar, Metaknight, Bowser, and Ike

Characters that I'm almost there with: Dedede, Snake, Ness, IC's, Pokemon Trainer, Kirby

Characters I might pick up soon: Ganondorf, Lucas

Characters as of yet, I'm not interested in: Lucario, YOSHI, DK, Sonic, ZSS, Samus, Wolf, Falco, Captain Falcon...and everyone else i didn't mention because i can't even think of them.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Alright, I'm going to type the characters in the order they appear on the screen by column, from top to bottom, for my reference as well as your own for what they're being called today. I'll write them in every way I can think of too.

Mario
Luigi
Peach (Princess Toadstool)
Bowser (Koopa)

Donkey Kong (DK)
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario

Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf (Ganon)
Toon Link

Samus / Zamus (Zero Suit Samus)
Pit
Ice Climbers (ICs) Popo and Nana
R.O.B. ROB Robot

Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede (D3)
Pikmin and Olimar (Captain Olimar)

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnell
Captain Falcon

Pikachu (Pika)
Pokemon Trainer / Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff (Jiggs)

Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas

Mr. Game & Watch (G&W)
Solid Snake (Snake)
Sonic

Edit: Wow, that's amazing. GGs smashboards.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I assume we are smashing today no?

And sorry to hear you didn't get to far in the tournament moogle, i'd like to hear more about it next time we smash, i mean if there is stuff to tell. Like What kind of crazy stuff Iori and mike G pulled, and who they were playing as.

j00t

Smash Champion
I assume we are smashing today no?

And sorry to hear you didn't get to far in the tournament moogle, i'd like to hear more about it next time we smash, i mean if there is stuff to tell. Like What kind of crazy stuff Iori and mike G pulled, and who they were playing as.
Iori = Metaknight. 'Nuff said, fo sho. :p

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Moogle, do me a favor and just take Luigi and PT off my main list; leaving only Wolf and Zelda.

Those are the only two characters I feel really comfortable with after playing around a lot.

Sonic is a horrible, horrible character, btw. There's no way around it. I've tried, but he just ain't doing it. And its not like Snake, where I feel like "ok, I just don't know how to play with Snake correctly." He just sucks.

Also, there's a slight chance I'll be coming to Huntville to hang out and play this Saturday if ya'll are getting together.

j00t

Smash Champion
Moogle, do me a favor and just take Luigi and PT off my main list; leaving only Wolf and Zelda.

Those are the only two characters I feel really comfortable with after playing around a lot.

Sonic is a horrible, horrible character, btw. There's no way around it. I've tried, but he just ain't doing it. And its not like Snake, where I feel like "ok, I just don't know how to play with Snake correctly." He just sucks.

Also, there's a slight chance I'll be coming to Huntville to hang out and play this Saturday if ya'll are getting together.
Dude, Sonic is a good character. Atleast I think he's pretty decent, he's one of my mains. :D

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Catch me online sometime Joot. I'm obviously doing something wrong then. His ****ty priority and lack of kill moves is just too much for me to overcome.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think sonic is the worst character in the game.

worse than yoshi :-P

actually guys i think i might like yoshi in this game :-/

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
OMG, changing from DSL to Comcast was the best thing to do for online. I can now play Smash and enjoy it because there's not horrible lag anymore when i do. The upload on comcast helps out so much. I'll gladly play anyone from now on, and i can host any time you guys wanna play.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ Tarnish: That's excellent news. I hope to play you again soon. Who did you play against to test your new ISP? New maps? I haven't even opened COD4. Or HALO3.

Last night after Smash, I realized how tired I was and just went home and straight to bed. No pint of Rogue at The Nook, unfortunately.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Tell me something I don't know. I don't even know why I still play in the single ladder. It hardly seems worth it if an admin can just delete your team over some bull**** reason that doesn't make any sense.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@ Tarnish: That's excellent news. I hope to play you again soon. Who did you play against to test your new ISP? New maps? I haven't even opened COD4. Or HALO3.
I played against Scrappy, my old team mate in Melee. He moved to TN ( about 3 hours away ) and it was great fun. Before when we played it wasnt horrible but it was nothing like this. Lol about COD:4 and Halo3, i got the maps and i must say they did a great job making them.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
add my roomate Loki to the list. just put Birmingham for him because he'll be moving there in a month. he probably won't get on smashboards often (if ever) but i'll try to bring em out to some tournaments.

he plays Marth, Ike, and Pikachu

and his friend code is the same as mine :-D

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I get online weekday evenings, and daytime on weekends. Friend Finder is down right now, so i've been calling folks lately when i want to play. Janitor, every time I'm online, I see you but i can never seem to get you to join a room. maybe it's Loki I'm seeing.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've seen you online sometimes...sometimes when i'm online i'm doing gamebattles matches, but i've sort of quit gamebattles singles so that shouldn't happen as often. they need some sort of "invite" system.

btw what does Brawl (Waiting) mean?
whenever i join someone with that status, it puts me in a room by myself.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I think it's when they are already in a 1-v-1 with someone, but at the time there's not a battle going on. They're either at character selection, stage selection, or sandbag.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Brawl (Waiting) means that person is hosting a game and is currently playing with someone else. The reason it dumps you into the room by yourself is because it doesn't ask the people playing if you can join. You get onto the waiting list to join for the next game, basically. While you're picking your character and stage and stuff, it connects you to the other players, and most of the time it will tell you that they're Brawling. Once they finish the game, they go back to the character selection screen, and the first thing that happens is they're asked if they want you to join the game.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
GGs, George. I had a phone call, which got me killed during a few matches, but what can ya do? Your Kirby is devious. Only my Snake can compete.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Brawl (Waiting) means that person is hosting a game and is currently playing with someone else. The reason it dumps you into the room by yourself is because it doesn't ask the people playing if you can join. You get onto the waiting list to join for the next game, basically. While you're picking your character and stage and stuff, it connects you to the other players, and most of the time it will tell you that they're Brawling. Once they finish the game, they go back to the character selection screen, and the first thing that happens is they're asked if they want you to join the game.
so whats the differnce between that and "Brawling", which you can't join

Top Bottom