• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dude, Sonic is a good character. Atleast I think he's pretty decent, he's one of my mains. :D
Sonic is completely, utterly terrible...so terrible, in fact, that I told a decent player in this area that if he ever beats me with Sonic, I would quit playing Brawl entirely.

Yeah, I know he's usable, but in the same way that Pichu was usable in Brawl, except Pichu could kill and wasn't ridiculously boring.

Sorry; I'm a Nintendo elitist, and Snake/Sonic should never have made it into my Brawl (even if Snake makes for a really cool character). I was being slightly sarcastic in my post.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
On another note, I started playing Ganondorf. He's terrible, but fun. Landing his moves makes me want to scream out in frenzy (and I -do-), much like when I play Ike.

j00t

Smash Champion
On another note, I started playing Ganondorf. He's terrible, but fun. Landing his moves makes me want to scream out in frenzy (and I -do-), much like when I play Ike.
Alright, i'll see you online (IF YOU EVER GOT ON) and we'll do a Sonic vs. whatever you want match. :<

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle take fox and olimar off of my characters and add R.O.B. :-D

hopefully I will stick with this list for more than ten minutes. robs just too good.

Z-Magic

Smash Rookie
I was wondering If you could add me to the list I live in enterprise Al which would the montgomery area my mains are Game and Watch,Luigi,R.O.B. and Wario and my friend code is 1590-4361-3818 thx

Majist

Smash Journeyman
hurray for crashboards yet again. my mom just moved to a new house, which is in munkus' neighborhood actually :D so we don't have cable yet, meaning no internetz until this wednesday. i can't brawl for a while... tear.

i don't think i'd be brawling much this week anyway, cuz this is final exam week.

it's a good thing we smash on thursdays now, cuz all my tests will be done that day :grin:

j00t

Smash Champion
hurray for crashboards yet again. my mom just moved to a new house, which is in munkus' neighborhood actually :D so we don't have cable yet, meaning no internetz until this wednesday. i can't brawl for a while... tear.

i don't think i'd be brawling much this week anyway, cuz this is final exam week.

it's a good thing we smash on thursdays now, cuz all my tests will be done that day :grin:
Same. The late-night of Thursday will be beautiful.

S

sethisawesome89@aol.com

Hi everybody

I'm new here and I live in Tuscaloosa. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully try to get together with anyone else who lives close by. Look forward to getting to know you guys better and becoming a part of this community.

Thanks for listening. :)

j00t

Smash Champion
hey guys here are some videos of me vs. jwt in online matches that i recorded from a week or two ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn33Ht97V-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLCbftYb7vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZse4mzs6QQ
I have some requests for the next time you do this:

1) Tell me about it before we play, please.
2) Stemming from #1, please let me know if you want to put them online.... I haven't watched these yet but i'm pretty sure I lose in all of them. I've only watched the first 10 secs of the first one and I was Falcon.... so yeah.
3) >___________>;;;;;

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the Alabama thread, Seth! :3

Majist

Smash Journeyman
j00t, i wouldn't make such a big deal over things like that. he shouldn't have to get permission to post a video online. nobody ever does it that way. it doesn't matter who won or lost.

odds are.... nobody cares. :p

oh and btw, you won the second and third matches:grin: you should watch them and not make assumptions :/

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i asked you on aim i think you said something that sounded like a response, but could have also been a response to something else. i guess you didn't see it.
the first one is the only one you lost of the three.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hi everybody

I'm new here and I live in Tuscaloosa. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully try to get together with anyone else who lives close by. Look forward to getting to know you guys better and becoming a part of this community.

Thanks for listening. :)
i'm in tuscaloosa and i play brawl more than i do anything else, including sleep. feel free to hit me up.

j00t

Smash Champion
j00t, i wouldn't make such a big deal over things like that. he shouldn't have to get permission to post a video online. nobody ever does it that way. it doesn't matter who won or lost.

odds are.... nobody cares. :p

oh and btw, you won the second and third matches:grin: you should watch them and not make assumptions :/
Meh. >______>;;;

I care somewhat.... if it was Melee I would of cared more.... :x

Soon we'll start seeing comments posted that are like "Holy **** this Wario sucks" and such. *sob*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'll be sure to make sure you know next time.
i just like seeing myself in videos whether i'm sucking or not, i guess everyone isn't like me :-D

j00t

Smash Champion
i just like seeing myself in videos whether i'm sucking or not, i guess everyone isn't like me :-D
Yeah... just let me know you're posting them online before we fight, cause then I won't use Falcon, or anyone i'm not comfortable with for that matter. It'll make the vids better if we're using our best characters and fighting at our best :p

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, I'm really starting to like Yoshi. He's crazy awesome. I'm not that good with him yet, but it's safe to assume I'll be playing with him a lot.

It would also probably be a good idea to remove Dedede and Pokémon Trainer from my characters.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i'm the same way. it's fun watching yourself, cuz you know EVERY time you watch yourself in a match, you're inevitably instantly going to find things that you could have done better, and laugh at yourself.

i can understand what j00t is saying too. using the best of your best makes for a great fight and a bad a ss video--take, for example, your second match. i'm just not that hardcore, i guess. however, i won't say i don't like to see myself win (it hasn't happened very often). it gives a good fuzzy feeling inside:bee:

at least T1J didn't post slaughter videos that munkus likes to save:laugh: i swear, 95% of the videos he saves are ones where he never dies. the only good match i've seen him save is the one with my Ike vs. his MK. and that was a dumb match to boot anyway....cuz it had MK in it. :p

CatCatCat

Smash Rookie
I live in auburn and me and a few of my friends play brawl alot, so any heads up on tourneys would be awesome. Auburn isn't too big on smash, so theres only each other to play with.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I live in auburn and me and a few of my friends play brawl alot, so any heads up on tourneys would be awesome. Auburn isn't too big on smash, so theres only each other to play with.
Auburn really isn't too far off from Phenix City/Columbus. You should hit up some of the players in that area some time.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I feel so out of the loop with you guys...you all have wii's...and i don't >.<, but thats ok because Thursdays are awesome. I'm really glad we changed it to that as well since i don't ever have work that day now.

Seeing these videos makes me want to record video's of my own, just so i can see what is wrong with how i play. And joot say nothing of my chain grabbing :p, DeDeDe's wall of pain ftw. i'd really like to be proficient with DeDeDe.

Majist we must find a way to deal with the metaknight, i could barely scratch munkus when he came to play. We should just all pick up snake, it worked for Mike G :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
i'm the same way. it's fun watching yourself, cuz you know EVERY time you watch yourself in a match, you're inevitably instantly going to find things that you could have done better, and laugh at yourself.

i can understand what j00t is saying too. using the best of your best makes for a great fight and a bad a ss video--take, for example, your second match. i'm just not that hardcore, i guess. however, i won't say i don't like to see myself win (it hasn't happened very often). it gives a good fuzzy feeling inside:bee:

at least T1J didn't post slaughter videos that munkus likes to save:laugh: i swear, 95% of the videos he saves are ones where he never dies. the only good match i've seen him save is the one with my Ike vs. his MK. and that was a dumb match to boot anyway....cuz it had MK in it. :p
Well, the videos have to be under 3 minutes long, so it's only natural that the videos where one side slaughters the other are the ones that can be saved >.>

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen Mike G's snake, but I'm starting to think that Snake is a good MK counter. Just keep yourself from getting chaingrabbed. Defensively dropped grenades help with that. Also, Metaknight's wealth of edgeguarding options require getting creative with your recovery. It's Falco that I'm having the most trouble with at the moment. Being chaingrabbed and getting consistently spiked out of cypher can take their toll on a soldier's morale. Overall, Falco reminds me that Mario has a purpose in this game: caping you to your doooom.

There's something really satisfying about sticking a C4 to your opponent, up-tilting them to the top of the screen and detonating the explosive for a kill at low percentage. How low? I'll make a note next time it happens.

Okay, guys. I check the brawl video boards (and character-specific threads), but I can't seem to find many exciting videos. Where do I need to be looking? /r/ Snake and Mario vids. Psycho ****** is good, but all I'm seeing are the same pre-US release vids.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont think you'll find too many good videos right now. there is an extreme shortage of people, even on smashboards, who are actually good at this game right now, unlike Melee where like everyone was decent lol. getyourtournament youtube channel is the best bet, they have tons of pretty good brawl videos

Edgecution

Smash Rookie
I guess I'd like to be added to the list. Montgomery area, Fox/Falco/Samus, 3652-0230-6397.

I really don't get much human competition, as I don't like the online a lot. This results in me not being very good, but I'd love to attend tournaments in hopes of getting better.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Yeah... just let me know you're posting them online before we fight, cause then I won't use Falcon, or anyone i'm not comfortable with for that matter. It'll make the vids better if we're using our best characters and fighting at our best :p
I wouldn't want someone posting pictures of my dong after I step out of the pool either. If I knew there was a photo op, I'd make sure I worked up the ragingest of raging boners anyone has ever seen.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the priority system in this game is really counter intuitive.
some moves just have randomly huge hitboxes for no reason

man online is going to drive me crazy. I reaalaalaly need to stop lol but theres noone else to play :-(

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie

man online is going to drive me crazy. I reaalaalaly need to stop lol but theres noone else to play :-(
believe me, i know what you mean. mid's wolf is going to give me a migraine. mid is already good with wolf, plus throw in wolf's deceptively high priority, and suddenly i'm recieving a big ol' box of chocolaty cluster****s right to my door.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Majist we must find a way to deal with the metaknight, i could barely scratch munkus when he came to play. We should just all pick up snake, it worked for Mike G :p
i agree, but my Snake is just God awful. he's one of those i don't think i'll ever be able to play. he's just too weird for me. D:
pit=mk counter
oh reeeeeally??
Well, the videos have to be under 3 minutes long, so it's only natural that the videos where one side slaughters the other are the ones that can be saved >.>
you're not fooling anyone!! that doesn't justify recording those matches! you even told me that you would mainly record matches where you never die! the truth is in my bwain!!

you know i'm just messin' with ya, right broseiden?:laugh:

i hate the priority system. being a Zelda player, i get pretty annoyed when my din's fire connects, but if the opponent does an attack, both attacks just get canceled out, instead of him getting burned in the face, like he should.

it's just like Yoshi's Egg Roll. you can't hit him out of it, you just stop his attack....or am i wrong on that one? --i haven't played Yoshi that much, but that was my experience.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
it's just like Yoshi's Egg Roll. you can't hit him out of it, you just stop his attack....or am i wrong on that one? --i haven't played Yoshi that much, but that was my experience.
There are plenty of attacks that knock Yoshi out of his Egg Roll. The priority is still pretty good that you shouldn't worry about much while using it, but a good player will know which attacks will hit Yoshi and which ones won't.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah most attacks can't hit him out of it.
I did Jiggs Pound on George's yoshi today and it knocked him out of it, so I guess only super priority moves can do it.
lol um Zelda is one of the characters in the game with alot of dumb priority and range and hit boxes that stay out forever.
so is snake.

as for pit, he might in fact have about as much priority as metaknight. he can also space well. His forward be has priority over almost every move in the game, and i think all of metaknights moves. (although as I found out to today, not kirby's f-smash ?) he has a projectile which helps. he also has more kill potential. I used to think he had the best recovery in the game, but i dunno, his up-b is weird.

edit: wario is really dope, but I always screw myself with him. his amazing aerial mobility makes me think i'm playing a jigglypuff-like character, so I sometimes try to edgeguard as if I have multiple jumps, leading me to certain death because wario has pretty much the most dispicable up+b in the game.

One day i'm going to pick up ganon to prove that he's a good character

Top Bottom