• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Smash on the 8th conflicts with a certain Girl Talk concert. The stars must be misaligned.

For anyone trying to play Mother 3 on the Wii with VBA or VBA-M, I have to recommend VBA GX 1.0.3. It's based on VBA, but has a better GUI, loads roms faster, and fixes slow-down issues. Also, if your sound is crackling, try turning the treble all the way down.
vBagX? Isn't that an emu for phones? I think you're insane!

moogle

Smash Ace
I added Ryker, Skelter, DRK, Zida, and shaSLAM to the first page... sorry I've been lazy and sorry if I forgot people. :x I added all the new tournaments I could find, too. I didn't update character changes... those are harder to spot when scanning 50 pages of this thread. Tell me again if you want something updated. :p

To new people around Huntsville: we seem to smash each Thursday night. If you're interested, post in this thread or contact me somehow.

Zida

Smash Rookie
To everyone at the tournament at the Hampton Cove Play n Trade: great games. I hope to see you all again at the next one.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle I dont know what my characters say right now and i'm already typing this the quick reply so i didn't look at it, although I suppose i could and get back to you, but that requires extra amounts of hand movements.

but just in case, change my characters to Diddy, Marth, Sheik, and Snake

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
just fyi, i may host another smash night this thursday if anyone is interested. it would be primarily melee because pr0t0 and i switched back to melee recently (such a better game...)

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Anyone who has experience making road trips up the East Coast, help would be appreciated...

I'm heading up to Richmond for spring break, not really Smash-related. It's a 12-hour drive, which is by no means impossible, but my '95 Prizm is old and cannot go past 65mph without falling apart, so it's certainly not going to be any less than 12 hours.

I could just hop a commuter flight from B'ham, which, depending on how high gas shoots back up, could be cheaper, but I can't rent a car and have no idea how Richmond's mass transit works.

Should I drive or buy a plane ticket?

3GOD

Smash Ace
just fyi, i may host another smash night this thursday if anyone is interested. it would be primarily melee because pr0t0 and i switched back to melee recently (such a better game...)
Yay...more Melee!

Brawl is not bad, and I'll still play it as long as tournaments exist for it, but I seriously hope to see more Melee tournaments returning.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I play both so I can avoid favoritism johns. Everyone knows I actually prefer Pokemon Puzzle League.

And gg's to everyone at the smashfest last saturday.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who has experience making road trips up the East Coast, help would be appreciated...
I have absolutely no idea. The only road tripping I've done was when I was too young to drive and got to sleep the whole way to Ohio (yay gaming conventions!). I would suggest, if you have the resources, to use your own car and drag along a co-pilot. Switch off every now-and-then or just do a half and half thing. Gas, grass, *** or the monotony of driving. I would imagine that driving in Virginia would be fun, though, with all the hills and vistas.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'll be in t-town this thursday.
my fox in melee is okay now guys. except I get owned by peach.

i just want to make it out of pools in a melee tournament for a change.

phantom lets record some melee

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I play both so I can avoid favoritism johns. Everyone knows I actually prefer Pokemon Puzzle League.

And gg's to everyone at the smashfest last saturday.
Favoritism johns are awesome. I will so play you in barwl in tuscaloosa and i already have Barwl sucks prejohns ready. See how awesome that john is now?

Also happy to see the people who went to the huntsville smashfest.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll be in t-town this thursday.
my fox in melee is okay now guys. except I get owned by peach.

i just want to make it out of pools in a melee tournament for a change.
Ahahahaha, we need to play more janitor, and by more I mean more than never. George and Poet would be nice to play with too. Want to set aside a day sometime in the next week or two?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Favoritism johns are awesome. I will so play you in barwl in tuscaloosa and i already have Barwl sucks prejohns ready. See how awesome that john is now?

Also happy to see the people who went to the huntsville smashfest.
Prejohning?

That where we get drunk before wining?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Poet should be leaving for Florida in a few hours. I guess it's safe to take him off the list.

Not sure that I'll actually be able to make the tournament on the 8th. I thought so at first, but it's looking less likely than I had originally hoped.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I have absolutely no idea. The only road tripping I've done was when I was too young to drive and got to sleep the whole way to Ohio (yay gaming conventions!). I would suggest, if you have the resources, to use your own car and drag along a co-pilot. Switch off every now-and-then or just do a half and half thing. Gas, grass, *** or the monotony of driving. I would imagine that driving in Virginia would be fun, though, with all the hills and vistas.
Driving it is then! A co-pilot would be great, but I'll likely go solo.

Top Bottom