• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

3GOD

Smash Ace
You're right, Janitor. I'm completely unsure of how Obama secured that many votes (besides the fact that McCain's an idiot) in Alabama.
Do you honestly think McCain is an idiot?

So who wrote in Ron Paul?
I should have. Actually, I wanted to write in Huckabee...do away with the IRS and get us a Fair Tax please!

Filler. I'm glad America made the right choice. Say hello to your forty-fourth President of the United States.
Shouldn't we say that America made the left choice?

I'm glad McCain was a good sport about it.

Here's to a more prosperous four years. Cheers and Godspeed.
I too am glad to see McCain admit defeat with honor. While I do not agree with all of his policies, I cannot help but admire him for his service to the country.

In a similar manner, I disagree with virtually all of Obama's policies, but I have to admire his communication skills and ability to inspire people with rhetoric.

well in the last election Bush put together a well-orchestrated plot to confuse voters into voting for him, so i dont particularly fault americans for that

this time however, we have a clear majority of people who realize that one candidate is leagues ahead of the other.

I mean i still consider the american masses a mindless group of impressionable dumb****s (and probably will continue to until Britney Spears/Paris Hilton ceases to be headline-worthy), but this election they made me rethink my waryness of democracy in America
I consider a large portion of our population relatively unaware of what is actually happening in the world. I would guess that probably 30% (just a guess) of the population had no clue about the recent economic issues.

I think that the Obama victory can be attributed not to the notion that he is "leagues ahead" of McCain, but to the American people blaming President Bush for our current economic crisis (those who are aware of said crisis - those who are unaware probably didn't vote or maybe voted Obama because of the celebrity factor.).

While I agree that Bush has made many mistakes (mainly in underestimating the difficulty of victory in Iraq), he did in fact try to get Congress to change mortgage regulations (bad mortgages of course are the root cause of the economic issues we currently face). Bush should have been more adamant about such changes and brought the issue to the attention of the American people via media outlets, but he mysteriously remained quiet while his approval rating plummeted and gas prices skyrocketed (thanks OPEC!).

With the American people blaming Bush for our current situation (whether or not they are right to blame him...personally, I blame him and Congress more so), it makes sense that they would want a different party in power.

More ranting....

Personally, I think the House and Senate are mostly incompetent or corrupt in addition to being power hungry. I am fed up with Washington's big spending (which Bush, McCain, and Obama all agree with) on programs that are not only inefficient but also ineffective.

Just a little comparison...the war in Iraq is currently costing the US about $12 billion per month (according to Obama) - this works out to be about $40 per month per person (taking the US population as 300 million). Compare this with the $700 billion economic "rescue bill" which works out to be about $2300 per person...for that amount of money, we could keep the troops in Iraq at the current level for another 4.8 years. Iraq is not the major spending issue that needs to be dealt with, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to cut back the spending there as soon as it is reasonable to do so.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
we don't have to talk about smash ALL the time. i figure it's okay to talk about our new president once every four years. be a rebel! ;D

btw, i'm in need of a partner for the Tuscaloosa tournament. Any takers? George? Will_?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'll team up with you if my bro isn't going and if Andy's with Munkus.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
in actuality you're right that obama didn't win necessarily because people thought he was the better candidate, and its not that people blame bush for the economic crisis. its that people blame bush for
*ahem*
stripping civil liberties, starting a war based on false pretenses, having no exit plan whatsoever in said war, having thousands of soldiers die in said war, giving rich people disproportionate tax cuts which helped drive the economy into recession, shattering America's reputation across the globe, ignoring katrina victim etc. etc.

I voted for Obama for two reasons 1. because mccain's policies and opinions are (for the most part) ridiculous, bigoted, unfair, unconstitutional, and/or dangerous.

and 2. because McCain was running a very dishonest and deplorable campaign, and I wanted to see if a man could win without being a 'typical' lame politician.

in actuality nothing really stands out about Obama in general, I would have rather saw pretty much any of the other primary Democrats besides possibly Clinton, all of whom had better policies imo. (but then again, none of them probably would have won the election)
But McCain is just out of control. Honestly, if it the election were something like Obama vs. Huckabee. Iprobably wouldn't have bothered voting. and if it were Obama vs. Ron Paul, i probably would have voted from Ron Paul.
Kucinich vs. Ron Paul, that's the dream election right there.

About spending, i'm no economist but I'm reasonably sure that something had to have been done, and quick about the economy. I'm not for bailing ******** companies out, but its easy to understand why they did it.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Obama for two reasons 1. because mccain's policies and opinions are (for the most part) ridiculous, bigoted, unfair, unconstitutional, and/or dangerous.

and 2. because McCain was running a very dishonest and deplorable campaign, and I wanted to see if a man could win without being a 'typical' lame politician.
Same reason for me. Palin sealed the deal, actually. I want a president who actually thinks that I was created equal as everyone else.

Apparently California thinks I'm not, even though it was blue... I guess no one likes me =\

But onto Smash. Munkus, if you don't reunion team with me, I will forever have a piece of me missing.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Smash tournaments are probably the only place where gay dudes have better odds than straight dudes. It's not fair.
And Cali voting yes on P8 surprised the hell out of me. Especially with all the commercials with random people saying "If Proposition 8 passes, the following will happen: *insert lots of things that I really hope happen soon*" You'd think that would inspire just as many people in both camps.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I'll team up with you if my bro isn't going and if Andy's with Munkus.
I would love to team with you if your brother doesn't go. That would be mad awesome.

It's my understanding that Munkus will team with Andy. I THOUGHT I was going to team with him, but I GUESS I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH:|

it's all good:grin:

Andy, when are you planning on going to/from Tuscaloosa?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Two words: Intellegent design. Why the f*ck would you even try to teach intellegent design (just another term for 'creationism') in Science class? They're two COMPLETELY different things.

I cannot express in words how glad I am that Palin is not in office. She really does just urk me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Its always fun to play CF. All I think is KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKNEEEEEEE KNEE NOW DIE OOPS I DIED FROM MISSING THE KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

moogle

Smash Ace
tournament starts at noon... we could leave my apartment at 9:30am or so? as far as I know, it's me, Majist, pops, and Will_.

and Munkus and I make a good team. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
everytime I turn brawl on, i'm like..mannnnn falcon aint that bad, he's just misunderstood.

but then I play with him and he is that bad.

he's worse than melee kirby.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So Reflex, are you still not going to Tuscaloosa?
Wish I could, especially with all the extra attention it's getting, but I can't 'cause I have an important outing with some friends...

I'm going to the tournament in Roswell, though.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Joel why do you want a "fair tax"? Let's face it, as mathematicians we are never going to benefit from anything but a highly progressive tax structure.

Also stop being a conservative old man :p

And I didn't vote. Yay.

And we should play Smash Saturday assuming I don't immediately kill myself after taking the math GRE.

Sensai

Smash Master
Apparently you don't understand what Fox's drill does with these hacks on.

Brawl is terrible, there's no way around it.
lol

I haven't looked into it very far. I just know that that combo video is probably the best Brawl related thing I've seen since the Lyrics Interpretation video.

j00t

Smash Champion
lol

I haven't looked into it very far. I just know that that combo video is probably the best Brawl related thing I've seen since the Lyrics Interpretation video.
Yeah, it looked pretty cool. But Andy told me about Fox's drill with shield-cancelling... I don't even want to think about it. You don't even need walls to do an infinite >_>

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
going ahead and announcing smashfest at my place next thursday night. mostly melee if its up to me but i wont discriminate. this is for sure happening no matter what cause i need a break from my busy schedule. if we get many people someone needs to bring a wii and another copy of melee and brawl but we do have 2 tvs.

j00t

Smash Champion
So...guess what, d00ds. Just beat the Toads of Battle.

:-D
Oh yeah! Well... I'm about to do a Lufia 2 Low Level Game!

Yeah... I bet you can't beat that...

EDIT: After watching several Pakman vids, I'm gonna try out Luigi.

SHORRRRRRRRRRRRYUKEN!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think you're closer to us in bham than us in bham are to huntsville. and we make it out there every now and then, but that's still a bit of driving.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
people actually came to a AL tournament lol
KOKingpin has the official results but here are the abridge results for the tuscaloosa tournament

Doubles (10 teams):

1. George + theONEjanitor
2. NESn00b + KOKingpin
3. Munkus + Moogle

Singles (23 entrants):
1. Will_
2. George
3. munkus
4. moogle

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Reflex, you should have been at this tournament. That way, Pool 1 would have been Reflex, Will_, Munkus, NESn00b, and George.

There's a lot of video to go through. Oh boy.

Argenteus

Smash Rookie
Just got back from the Tuscaloosa Tourney (name / tag was Jeff / : |)

Happy to have placed 5th, but it was way cooler meeting/playing a lot of really awesome people like t1j, moogle, George, etc.

Thanks for organizing the event.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
which one was jeff..... i think the guy who beat me was a robert or something
I hope I don't sound racist~ but Jeff was the short, vietnamese looking guy. He knocked me outta brackets and was knocked out by Munkus.

Edit: And Kevin, I don't mean to be pushy, but the faster you get our match up on the Intertubes, the less I'll be angry that I lost <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, you should have been at this tournament.
TELL ME ABOUT IT

It got cancelled. It's a good thing I stayed at Sleepy's house last night, 'cause now I just wasted an entire day, rather than an entire day and $30 in gas.

You can't sense the anger in my post, but I hate whoever is unfortunate enough to be reading this post. :(
EDIT: Oh yeah, I made a MK guide a while ago and I update it occasionally with matchups. Right over here: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/32197/t1232709-man-in-iron-mask-meta-knight-guide/
I. Introduction
A. Background
B. Pros and Cons
C. Why MK?
II. Moveset Introduction and Explanation
A. Grounded Moves
B. Aerial Moves
C. Specials
D. Throws
III. Strategies
IV. Tricks, AT's and Combos
V. Matchups
Bolded because just the title of that section made me smile. I'm a bad person.

Top Bottom