• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Jimstar

Smash Rookie
Smash Tomorrow on Campus? Anyone interested?

I booked a room in the Health Sciences Library, second floor, that has a tv. We just need 1 Wii and we can set up and play.

Let me know if youre interested!
Is this at the UofA? I always thought there was just the cameron library and rutherford o-o.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
GGs everyone, was fun.

However, I don't think I will be playing any more Project M, because I just can't take the game and the developers of it seriously.

Shoutouts:
Paul: I tried my best and I have no regrets, you **** as always, WHY DO WE ALWAYS PLAY EACH OTHER FIRST
Allan: Thanks for all the friendlies we played, I think I learned a lot vs Marth from them
Simon: Congrats on taking oodles and oodles of money back, and especially taking down Paul in Melee
Brad: Didn't get to play you, I was apparently supposed to do a McDonalds money match with you
David: Congrats on beating me, but you know I'm salty and I will be gunning for you again
Ben: Your Pit I think represents Calgary's P:M very well, it's sick
Kevin: Nice to see you again after like 2 years, and way to hold your own again after such a long time, that Falco rage haha
Hansel/James: Congrats on making the placings exactly how I expected them haha
Daniel: Them side B cancel shenanigans
Mo: I didn't play that much against you cause we play too much against each other already, but I think you did better than me in the tournament so congrats
Clarke: Don't get so demotivated when you're losing, man. Keep on fighting
Matt: You remind me of myself when I was starting out, super angry about every single thing you do wrong haha, but that's how you get better, just don't ragequit
Tyson: Top tier niceness, congrats on winning doubles (the only thing you care about)
Kevin: WE HAVE 2 PIKACHUS NOW. You should team with white Kevin and play Pikachu team in doubles

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@arthur 3:10:00 he gets jv3s and 3stocks on me all the time in melee
http://www.twitch.tv/fgccstream/b/342749577
i have invested too much into ice climbers in melee to not play them and they are kinda difficult *cough*(im not really interested in any other chars in melee)
so project melee is a good transfer for me, I really just dont spend enough time analysing the game to be really very good at it honestly. I just kinda have more experience than some people which is why i get any wins at all. I dont break down where i should be DI'ing moves and counters to all options in even basic techchasing and its very obvious when i play people better than i am. That being said i still got away with some things that should not have hit just because of how bad people are against ics.
I feel like sitting down with someone more knowledgeable than i and just testing counters to all the options in common situations like opponent on ledge/ opponent was hit and techs or not and their options afterwards sometime after we all get this semester finished. my ice climbers could be good if i knew what to focus on becoming consistant on and not try to learn 10 desyncs at once. but i want to take your advice brad and spend some time playing DK in project M and not mario or falcon because im only really interested in him.

Ermine

Smash Ace
GGs everyone, was fun.

However, I don't think I will be playing any more Project M, because I just can't take the game and the developers of it seriously.

Shoutouts:
Paul: I tried my best and I have no regrets, you **** as always, WHY DO WE ALWAYS PLAY EACH OTHER FIRST
Allan: Thanks for all the friendlies we played, I think I learned a lot vs Marth from them
Simon: Congrats on taking oodles and oodles of money back, and especially taking down Paul in Melee
Brad: Didn't get to play you, I was apparently supposed to do a McDonalds money match with you
David: Congrats on beating me, but you know I'm salty and I will be gunning for you again
Ben: Your Pit I think represents Calgary's P:M very well, it's sick
Kevin: Nice to see you again after like 2 years, and way to hold your own again after such a long time, that Falco rage haha
Hansel/James: Congrats on making the placings exactly how I expected them haha
Daniel: Them side B cancel shenanigans
Mo: I didn't play that much against you cause we play too much against each other already, but I think you did better than me in the tournament so congrats
Clarke: Don't get so demotivated when you're losing, man. Keep on fighting
Matt: You remind me of myself when I was starting out, super angry about every single thing you do wrong haha, but that's how you get better, just don't ragequit
Tyson: Top tier niceness, congrats on winning doubles (the only thing you care about)
Kevin: WE HAVE 2 PIKACHUS NOW. You should team with white Kevin and play Pikachu team in doubles
I couldn't get away from Falco. Lose to him in Melee then WOOPS he's beatin my *** in Project M too. I swear to god LOL

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman

Why can't you? I understand it's not perfect, but seriously they've done an amazing job and are working on it still.

Anyways, yeah I dunno, I talked about wanting to have like mcdonalds crew battle or something so everyone could eat since I know we all were underfed really, but tyson just like went with YOU SHOULD PLAY ARTHUR ITLL BE GREAT + mcdonalds

i have invested too much into ice climbers in melee to not play them and they are kinda difficult *cough*
so project melee is a good transfer for me
I think you should spend more time playing characters like falcon and mario. Seriously. You'll learn how to translate that skill around.

ShitShoutouts
Paul: You are a doll, I love you etc. But really, **** falco, every time I play you in smash it makes me want to play you in Marvel so that I can be ***** in a way I can handle. One way or another, you started this awful falco trend. You should become a jerk so I can actually be mad or something.
Allan: No beef, but I won =3 GGs though, are you playing Marvel or any other game as of late as well?
Simon: Seriously holy ****, I thought about it. You beat me in melee singles, melee doubles, project m singles (twice) and project M doubles once. I am SO ****ING HAPPY I didn't let you sweep me. I seriously think you are the smasher I have the most respect for as a player inside the game. You play really cool characters, you kick ***, and I swear to god next time it's my turn to beat you.
Brad: Hi
David: You've really been stepping up and taking the reigns as a top smash player here, and I like how you're performing well. Those Project M matches were fun and your peach is solid.
Kevin (white): Thanks for letting me pay for you then taking half the winnings
Hansel/James: You guys are the brawl brudders. No seriously though, you guys are the **** good job taking down ben and I like that you're expanding into the community a bit past brawl even though we're really not meeting you half way =P James especially, it was fun playing you in teams, even if it's not your thing.
Moe: More project M in the future I promise, so that you won't be so bored =P But seriously stylish falcon, don't quit.
Clarke: I didn't actually get to see you play anything, sorry you guys ended up having to leave, that was kindof out fault, but hey, I'm glad you came out, and seriously, try playing other characters, forget the time you've invested, I've been around for... many years now. trust me, just take some time away from IC's and it'll improve you vastly.
Matt (Quaff): Any time you wanna practice and play, shoot me a text, you are getting better and really should stray away from falco, your marth gave me a hard time, and frankly, thats impressive since you had never really done that before. You're gonna be the next karate kid of melee. (see bens post about teams mishap)
Tyson: Doubles represent. Jiggs as always is ****ing scary. Not much to say but keep on being a bro.
Kevin (asian): sorry you had to leave early, really sucks because I wanted to see the Pika on Pika matchup and it was coming up in the brackets. Thanks for coming though, keep in touch.
Ben: Pit man. Jesus. I'm really surprised you didn't go on to do way better than you did. Sorry about ditching you, this goes to matt too, I really didn't mean to, but my teams situation was so up in the air the whole time. =[ No hard feelings.
FGCC Guys: Thanks for putting on such a good show, we made this a good tournament I feel. would love to work with you again.
Daniel: I shouted your name so ****ing much. Thats really all.

There is more, I'm just pretty tired and I will get to them later. Do most of the brawlers even use smasboards?

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
Great turnout for the tournament, Calgary smash community!

Thanks to Brad and FGCC for the tournament.

I'll do shoutouts when i'm not tired as ***.

FGCC_Hussler

Smash Rookie
GGs all. Thanks for coming out!
Congrats to those who placed.

Results thread here

Results:
[COLLAPSE="Melee (Singles)"]
1: Yao Ming
2: Good Guy Greg
3: Bread
4: Lampy
5: Mach5
5: AOZX
7: Vengeance Dad
7: Moe
9: Quaff
9: Klaius
9: Lee
9: I know that feel bro
13: Schmidt (forfeit)
13: Rovonsok (forfeit)
13: Ghil
13: Yam
17: Rush
17: Cruickshank (forfeit)

[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Melee (Doubles)"]1: Scumbag Edmonton and Good Guy Calgary (Tyson & Paul)
2: Super Senpai Power (Simon & David)
3: Banjo Kazooie (Bread & Kevin)
4: I hate Gingers (Quaff & Taste)
5: The Tickler Trunk (Moe & Clarke)
5: Rush Klauis (Rush & Klauis)
7: Apples and Grapess (Dumberchild & I know that feel bro)

[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Brawl (Singles)"]1: Dumberchild
2: Vengeance Dad
3: Hansel
4: Kam
5: I know that feel bro
5: Funk
7: QAZ
7: Luc
9: Sawk
9: Luugi
9: Hentyler
13: ThickStache

[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Project: M (Singles)"]1: Yao Ming
2: Bread
3: Good Guy Greg
4: Mach5
5: Vengeance Dad
5: Lampy
7: AOZX
7: Lee
9: Hussler
9: Moe
9: Ghil
9: Rush
13: Hentyler
13: I know that feel bro

[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Project: M (Doubles)"]1: Banjo Kazooie (Bread & Kevin)
2: Super Senpai Power (Simon & David)
3: Bacon (Ben & Tyson)
4: The Tickler Trunk (Moe & Clarke)
5: Paul Daniel (Paul & Daniel)
5: Apples and Grapess (Dumberchild & I know that feel bro)
7: Level 9's (Hentyler & Hussler)

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Vengeance Dad"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Shoutouts to memes.
I'll upload replays sometime this week.

Special thanks to Bread / SmashLogic / KITHKIN for being awesome and co-hosting with us. Definitely interested in doing another event down the road!
Also special thanks to those who brought systems + games! Much appreciated!

---

I'm interested in playing melee & P:M seriously now. I used to play melee a lot back in the day and this event made me really, really, really want to get back into it lol.
See ya on Thursday! (plz teach me how to melee xD thx)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@huss practice short hops and fast falls
i enjoyed commentating with moe but all you could hear from moe is mumbling, i will probably bring out another mic next time. there are probably better people to commentate but i can guarantee effort from moe and i if chosen.

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Paul: As dangerous as ever. Our best of 5's always always go to the last round last stock lol.
Allan: Taught me how much of a fraud I am at Project M lol. Whispy woods got my back though. :awesome:
Tyson: Holding it down in doubles as always as a member of FALCALGARY.
David: Don't worry about them dubz, we're totally gonna get first next time yo.
Brad: We played like 7 sets yesterday, good stuff. Next time i'm gonna sweep you :cool:
Kevin(white): Still a threat despite the long break. Hope you come to more events from now on.
Arthur: Play some dubs yo :awesome: , bad luck playing Paul first all the time.
Ben: Reppin melee, brawl, and P: M well, keep at it.
Moe: You're gonna have that breakout game soon enough, keep reppin the falcon.
Clarke: Just keep learning the fundamentals of smash and you'll get good in no time.
Hansel/James: Lol metaknight dittos :awesome: Always beasting at brawl.
Matt: Had some fun at the beginning with the doubles practice lol. Keep at it.
Daniel: Didn't play you too much this tournament. Continue not playing falco :awesome:
Kevin (asian): Nice of you to join us again, you should come more often to rep pikachu.
FGCC guys: once again, thanks for running the show and these nice trophies
Yao Ming:
***** please Kappa.

Also shoutouts to memes.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
@huss practice short hops and fast falls
i enjoyed commentating with moe but all you could hear from moe is mumbling, i will probably bring out another mic next time. there are probably better people to commentate but i can guarantee effort from moe and i if chosen.
I havn't watched the stream yet, But I will note one thing.

Next event I will ensure commentary is not done on a rockband mic lol

FGCC_Hussler

Smash Rookie
Next event I will ensure commentary is not done on a rockband mic lol
This. lol.
I'll add a second mic (a REAL mic) and an additional camera for the commentators next time too. Gotta tape that salt haha.
Good times gentlemen.
The stream was up and down. Not too happy with it, but I made a local recording on my computer so that should look/sound fine when I upload it to youtube.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
that sounds awesome... good thinking!
I was kinda winging it for commentary this time, moe and i failed when we were announcing alone(along with a few others). I didnt end alot of sentences:/
Moe is good color commentary:troll:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Hey brad, what were you saying during our match about jiggs resting 70% of the time or something. I was concentrated on the game so I ignored your question lol

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
...playing DK in project M and not mario or falcon because im only really interested in him.
Long story short, first rule about wanting to be good at smash. Don't edit an old post! by god nobody will read it!

Hey brad, what were you saying during our match about jiggs resting 70% of the time or something. I was concentrated on the game so I ignored your question lol

Oh, I just brought up the arguement from like years ago when I figured good matches with Jiggs can easily have like... 4-6 rests or I don't really remember the number, but that it was like, pretty normal to have a minimum of a few every good match, assuming you're not against like, the best players ever.

All I remember about the arguement was that NOBODY defended me at all, and yet I could pick out a few people like you that consistantly land like, 4+ rests a match.

I think Simon and Kevin could probably take out 4 of Edmonton people

I could clean Edmontons clocks.

Do any p:m characters have docs nair.

Well, I mean not exactly. Like Falco's nair is really good IMO, I learned that when I went random against you. But I wouldn't say any of them have the exact properties, just similarities.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Oh, I just brought up the arguement from like years ago when I figured good matches with Jiggs can easily have like... 4-6 rests or I don't really remember the number, but that it was like, pretty normal to have a minimum of a few every good match, assuming you're not against like, the best players ever.
oh lol. ya, well, my rests really depends on who i'm vsing. some characters are almost impossible to rest unless you read a tech/roll, so sometimes i get like 7 rests a game, and other times i get zero (by not even going for any cause its too risky/hard). but ya, good jiggs players will average rests probably 1/4 of the stocks a game.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Sidenote: I dunno if anyone was paying attention, but I CLEARLY won the award for most balloons popped. Check the footage.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
damn lol, allan was telling me about it, but i didnt imagine it to be THAT ****ty, holy crap

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
simon, would that have put you in losers even? Like. **** I could've won singles if I didn't face you in finals.

edit: lol jk, johns.

I do approve of an hour and a half of me on stream playing match after match trying to clean up the rest of the event

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Brad, what were you referring to in the shoutouts when you said "check Ben's team mishaps"?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Why can't you? I understand it's not perfect, but seriously they've done an amazing job and are working on it still.
Because they don't take criticism seriously, they have biased development time/focus on characters which they actually care about, etc. and it seems like the only criticism they listen to is with their internal developers and or players who have like 4+ years of reputation.

Ex. Right when they released the first demo, I said that Ike plays like Ganon with more range. I was disregarded and not taken seriously, and they insisted that it was fine. And now they realize after that he really is pretty broken.

Also, they think that Brawl G&W's tech chase d-throw is better than Melee G&W's d-throw, and I post about it, but get no response until I actually make a thread on the P:M forums about it. This really pisses me off, because G&W's d-throw is clearly better for comboing and such, versus his Brawl tech chase d-throw where you can sometimes get a read or a jab reset into something (not likely)
In addition, G&W's jab is still messed up because if you try to jab into d-tilt, another jab comes out (this is a Brawl feature, like how you can't jab to d-smash as well), but they don't even bother fixing it because they think nobody will play G&W anyways. Versus someone like Samus who isn't even being released yet just because of her grapple not being able to grab on the walls instead of the ledge (everything else seems fixed to me).

But yeah, they can make it as mainstream as they want, like Nintendo did with Brawl to casual players, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon

Top Bottom