• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing Retirement+giving up rights to both the guide and this thread

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Ooh yea. My bad, but I thought it's so easy to pull off a jab lock it might be a neutral.

Lol, I take everyone to Rainbow Cruise, best CP ever for me.
The only counterpick I don't see a lot of people choose. It's so underrated, man!

andayt

Smash Cadet
my choices are either to go rainbow cruise or delfino not just because of the above comments (for RC) but for the fact that mario's balance play well in both better than most the terrain changes over time causes you to attempt to control the match differently mario can adapt to these sudden changes a lot better than boozer can.

plus both have lots of combo-ing, spiking, gimping opertuneties(cant spell xP)

Matt07

Smash Master
Alright just giving you guys a heads up, I posted a thread on the Diddy Kong forum.

I think good stages are Battlefied and Luigi's Mansion(?).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This is judging against my matches vs Abscent.

Luigi's Mansion, avoid it. You'll hate it vs Diddy.

Battlefield works for Mario though. Avoid Final Destination as Diddy having all that room is horrible as ****.

Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, and Yoshi's Island works for Mario. Yoshi's Island mainly because small amount of room for Diddy.

Rainbow Cruise is probably the best counterpick.

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
What About Pokemon Stadium 1/2?

They seem good for facing Diddy and MK. Treadmills might cause problems for Diddy. I'm pretty sure Ice helps fludd and Walk/Run Cape and Walking Grab. Windmills in both can also help Mario. Oh, and Up-special stage spike seems easier.

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
your doing kirby right now? i'm no expert, but i'd say we does good on raindow cruise, jungle japes, and to an extent, norfair(his stone is lava proof. you can't do **** against lava proof! except grab...)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm surprised no one posted about Brinstar yet, simply because every time stages come up in the Kirby boards, you get Brinstar fan-love going.

Anyway, against Mario, I think, of the neutrals, BF and FD would be my top choices, because as great as Mario is a gimping, if Kirby plays it smart, we're more likely to gimp Mario. I personally hate YI, though it screws with my Mario a lot, so I guess that would be good (then again, maybe you guys aren't ******** to accidentally walljump>buffered UpB in the wrong direction... The number of times I've done that while trying to leedge camp...). Also, those ****ing shy guys always appear in front of crucial fireballs (they never interfere when it's regular fireball spam, but if I'm going to fireball gimp, you can bet there'll be one swooping out of nowhere to intercept it.).

Anyway, on subject, RC and Japes are both good for Kirby, and they don't seem great Mario stages (I mean, JJ isn't bad for him, but not quite as good as for Kirby). Pirate Ship is good too, and I don't really see many Mario players getting that water spike off.

I actually wouldn't want to bring you to Brinstar personally, if only because I'm afraid of a Super Jump Punch through the stage and even moreso of that Dsmash/Usmash (I know a lot of you probably think they suck, but personally, I LOVE these moves.). I wouldn't want Dream Land or Corneria either, since getting star KOed by a Utilt would really frustrate me.

Well, that's all I can think of atm, I'll come back to it later.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Counterpick Final Destination. Kirby's predictable approach hurts him more on this stage.

That is all I can think of. In general, I don't think any other particular stage helps Mario that much against Kirby.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Crap, I completely misunderstood this thread I think...
Kirby doesn't really have any *bad* stages. The best places to bring Kirby to are generally places with low cielings however, as he is quite susceptible to Star KOs. Other than that just go to a stage that helps Mario.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Crap, I completely misunderstood this thread I think...
Kirby doesn't really have any *bad* stages. The best places to bring Kirby to are generally places with low cielings however, as he is quite susceptible to Star KOs. Other than that just go to a stage that helps Mario.
QFt

Base your choice on personal preference, how good it is for Mario, or (if worst comes to worst) camp on FD for 8 minutes

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
For DK....

Rainbow Cruise. It's hard for him to navigate this stage.

Matt07

Smash Master
Ban Delfino or Jungle Japes against Donkey Kong, I think they are his two best stages.

Rainbow Cruise, or FD is where I would go against Donkey Kong. You'll want to pick stages with less platforms, as Donkey Kong can control them better imo.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I've learned from a tourney a few days ago that Brinstar is a really good stage for DK. His down b gets extended range somehow on the bottom floor of that stage. I usually ban Frigate Orpheon every match, but I'm contemplating banning Brinstar against DK players.

Matt07

Smash Master
Woooow crazy, lmao.

Let's say...Your opponent bans Rainbow Cruise, would Norfair be another good stage to take him on?

I'd say DK has a harder time avoiding lava, but his usmash might kill you at 60% to make up for it :urg:.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
FD gives mario lots of space to work with but it might be hard to ko DK. The fireballs can provide nice pressure on FD and smashville. I would pick those to levels

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, don't bring DK to Brinstar...

His DownB lasts forever when it hits those cylinder things, his Fsmash, DK punch, and Usmash also last quite a while longer when they hit the tenctacles. Also, his Bair ***** here due to the close sides.

It's probably easy for him to do that invulnerable UpB trick here too, but I don't know too much about that...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Norfair is AMAZING against Snake.

This kills a lot of his camping game. It forces him to go in the air a lot (especially when the lava comes up). The ledges don't benefit him much, while the benefit you A ****-TON.

The positioning of the platforms is also PERFECT for fireball camping. If you take Snake to this stage, I think you should be able to beat him consistently if you are good at the matchup.

Luigi's Mansion isn't too bad against Snake either IMO...his Up-smash doesn't work as well on this stage. The pillars get in the way of camping, which is both good and bad for you. Also, Jab lock for fun times.

Matt07

Smash Master
Rainbow Cruise is not the best stage against Snake. I'm starting to realize a lot of Snake players are owning me there :(.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Well like I said in the snake matchups thread, Norfair is in fact a good stage for Snake. I don't see how the ledges don't help him, and he gets a godly d-throw tech chase to boot.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
The ledges don't help Snake nearly as much as they help other characters due to Snake having trouble edgecamping. More likely, they will help you make it safely back to the stage if you try to edgeguard him.

And this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_C7WbHhzxc&feature=PlayList&p=2E5A7176A61698C0&playnext=1&index=1
....That Snake was pretty not good alot....

Norfair is actually a good level for Snake... In my opinion that level shouldn't even exist it's pretty much the most ******** level in the game

Top Bottom