• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing Retirement+giving up rights to both the guide and this thread

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
BattleField, is in ZSS favor. She has to much range & overallstage control. Especially at the beggining with the armor pieces. Also can recover at high %'s. If you don't KO her, she'll most probably return.

Try to playZSS on FD/RC SV, DP,Brinstar, ect, ect. Long as it isnt BF you'l do alright. Rainbow Cruise being your best bet CP.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Here in FL (Orlando, at least) both Green Greens and Corneria are banned. Pirate ship may be my best chance. :urg:
Green Greens and Corneria are banned but Pirate Ship is legit? WTF???

On topic: Falco.

Mario's air game is oddly good against Falco's. And while Mario can cape Falco's lazers, they're still annoying. Platforms seem to help. I'm going to have to go with Battlefield as a good stage. As for kills, Mario can pretty much easily gimp Falco anywhere with a well placed cape, so it's not a real factor.

Rainbow Cruise is nice when facing Falco. Mario can only gimp at ledges obviously but in Rainbow Cruise where you have to jump from platform to platform, the entire stage is simply one gimping opportunity after another.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
yoshi's island, messes up any falco's laser spam due to shy guys's, platform, and the awkward field...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
LM ***** laser spam as well, and kind of negates one of Falco's main kill moves (Usmash). Can he Utilt lock though?

Lylat can mess up the laser spam as well due to the stage tilting. Platforms can also help with Dthrow follow-ups I think?

Ismael

Smash Ace
yoshi's island, messes up any falco's laser spam due to shy guys's, platform, and the awkward field...
Actally, I'd say it's still 50-50. Shy Guys are purely situational, and the one (and very low) platform dosn't provide much to Mario's air game or avoiding laser spams, especially when it oddly tips down at an angle sometimes. And... awkward field? Hmm, explain.

Matt07

Smash Master
Falco...I'd take him on Rainbow Cruise :). Or Norfair perhaps, there's so many platforms and you can easily Cape Falco's lasers if he's trying to camp.

Ismael

Smash Ace
the stage has in the middle and on the very ends near the edges whar it is a bit lower than the rest of the stage. it isn't completely flat on the ground thar
True, but isn't that a factor against or good for Mario as much as it is against Falco? It dosn't prove that big a difference, really. It just sometimes make movement awkward for both of you.

Norfair and Frigate Orpheon are good picks as well. Platforms for air game and laser avoidance + easy gimping opportunities.

Teh Future

Smash Master
falcos forward B goes right through the cape when ever I try to use it. You have to hit him in the beginning of the animation.

He is not that easy to gimp...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You have to Fludd it, THEN cape it...or cape in the beginning of the animation. If you end up caping during the illusion, you'll usually trade hits and he flies off in the other direction.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Or you can also simply cape after the illusion as well.

It really dosn't matter, cape will always win unless he illusions before we get the chance to cape him. But you can usually tell when he's going to do it, since that's what Falcos always do against us Marios. Just remember to watch out for it when he's above, or parallel to the ledge.

Any respectable Falco should almost never try to Fire Bird unless absolutely necissary, or else we WILL cape him.

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow...that's why I never gimp a Falco, I never used FLUDD, I always caped first.

Which was why I had trouble gimping Falco in the first place =/.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wow...that's why I never gimp a Falco, I never used FLUDD, I always caped first.

Which was why I had trouble gimping Falco in the first place =/.
lately....I've just been caping the **** out of falcos. Alot of his attacks have moderately long wind-down and they love to shieldgrab (Cape shield pokes). If they just happen to illusion one of those many times I'm caping....lol. I think it outranges most of his stuff too

Dory

Smash Journeyman
I hate this match up :/ but you can still gimp falco pretty easily. How is up to you.

But when playing one ban japes obviously and cp rainbow :]

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't like RC much.

I usually use Frigate. Fun stage. Especially on the first transformation. The depression in the second transformation can be abused to duck under his laser camping.

I've also done really well against Falco on Yoshis. I honestly think it's one of the better neutrals against him. The stage is fairly small, and the depression helps you duck under his lasers. The small stage in general seems to limit the effectiveness of his recovery.

Dory

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow is so much fun :D
and imo pretty good for mario.
and and another imo, a horrible falco stage.
Thats why I would take a falco there. Hard to chaingrab > spike too.

Oh and if i didnt tell you guys. Im done with hoping around characters cause of anger and disappointment. This is the last time I SWEAR (lol) Im gonna be using alot more mario in tourneys now. And thats it.
**** just got real.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Rainbow is so much fun :D
and imo pretty good for mario.
and and another imo, a horrible falco stage.
Thats why I would take a falco there. Hard to chaingrab > spike too.

Oh and if i didnt tell you guys. Im done with hoping around characters cause of anger and disappointment. This is the last time I SWEAR (lol) Im gonna be using alot more mario in tourneys now. And thats it.
**** just got real.
......Samus?

Ismael

Smash Ace
Fox: Pretty much the same as Falco.
Sure, Fox's Fire Fox is better than Falco's Fire Bird, but why would you do either against a Mario? They'll both go for their sideb, so just watch for Fox's illusion. Fox's sideb is less dangerous since it won't spike like Falco's, anyway.
RC might be less of an option due to Fox's superior recovery, but then again you can still cape him.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
For Fox. Anything with a high ceiling (AKA Yoshis Island)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
OK, uh.. any stage where Mario can capitilize on his aerial abilities. Marios ground game sucks in comparison to G&W's

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
First off, Game and Watch owns on Rainbow Cruise. So whatever you do, don't take him there. I personally would take him to FD to take advantage of the FIHL on his aerials better.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
ok sounds good sounds good... getting some discussion... i think BF is a gud choice, Lylat cruise for the same reason as bf, as well as Yoshi island brawl, cuz of the platform and how some parts of the ground on the stage are tilted, making it easier to anticipate some of Game&watches aerials and punish them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't take him to Rainbow Cruise. Period. I always lose when I play G&W there.

I'd say that FD, BF, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and Lylat all work well. Though, I think FD is the best because it's good for abusing FIHL.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Seriously? I played one of the worst Luigi's on this site today, and only lost once. The stage? Battlefield.
I guess it's just not right for me, I 3-stocked him on PS1 and every other neutral.

I'd rather take a Game and Watch to FD or Norfair.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Seriously? I played one of the worst Luigi's on this site today, and only lost once. The stage? Battlefield.
I guess it's just not right for me, I 3-stocked him on PS1 and every other neutral.

I'd rather take a Game and Watch to FD or Norfair.
Battlefield works better for luigi. For G&W. You can rack a lot of damage on Battlefield. Just expect the key, and you'll be alright.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
ok i guess i'll put it in as to choose: FD, BF, LC, YI (Brawl), Norfair, and maybe pokemon stadium1
not to choose: rainbow cruise...

btw do u guys think i should add jungle japes to the list of stages not to choose for every character reguardless because its hard for mario to gimp n get verticle kills, although against luigi its supposed to be a stage they don't like vs mario... so o.o

Top Bottom