• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
Can someone confirm if this is compatible with the Japanese version?
Like if you changed the "en" to "jp" in the file names for instance.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This isn't compatible with the japanese version. It used some hardcoded offsets to rebuild the info.pac file.

If you get me a japanese info.pac, I can make version 2 support both.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This isn't compatible with the japanese version. It used some hardcoded offsets to rebuild the info.pac file.

If you get me a japanese info.pac, I can make version 2 support both.
Info_ja.pac

There you go good sir.

Do you plan in the future to actually implement this program into the BSTRM maker as you originally intended?

Sails

Smash Ace
So this was working up until today. I've had my song titles, everything was fine. I went to add a new one and Brawl refused the changes, showing me nothing but the original song titles (And my previously edited ones). So I went with a fresh start, downloaded the pack again, made a new songs.db and despite my best efforts, I can't get it to work with Brawl anymore. I checked the CRC of the info.pac against the original Brawl info_en.pac, they don't match, so this should be working just fine. However, it's not.

Any ideas?

Edit: I even tried using SymphonicSage12's info.pac, and nothing. It's in the right spot, and I'm using the latest nightly which I even opened up with the GCT decompiler to check if I'm indeed using the latest File Replacement Code (I am).

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Gah, this and the brstm maker haven't gotten much love from me lately, I don't find them interesting anymore, as they work 100% of the time for me.

Sonicandtails, to test and see if its something youre doing wrong, take a random file, name it info.pac, and put it in the right place. The game SHOULD crash at the loading screen. If not, the file replacement code isn't working right, or the file is in the wrong place or has the wrong name.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Songs.db not found.
I extracted everything from the zip file twice and I'm getting this error.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I did. Heck I've got defaultsongs.db and songs.db, but you know what I do have? The same error message! OH BOY!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
is songs.db in the same folder as defaultsongs.db?

like is all the stuff related to the program in the same area?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
yes all the files from the zip file are in the same folder and I did as you said with the copying.

Sails

Smash Ace
Gah, this and the brstm maker haven't gotten much love from me lately, I don't find them interesting anymore, as they work 100% of the time for me.

Sonicandtails, to test and see if its something youre doing wrong, take a random file, name it info.pac, and put it in the right place. The game SHOULD crash at the loading screen. If not, the file replacement code isn't working right, or the file is in the wrong place or has the wrong name.
This is really weird. It crashes when I have a random file (It was a random jpg I had), but having a real modified info.pac just refuses to show me the changes. I even extracted my edited info.pac with the archaic way or modifying track names, and sure enough in there are all my song titles. What gives?

Edit:

...Huh. These don't work in training mode, huh? >_< Everything is in working order, didn't know that info.pac didn't work in training mode...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no. it's not.

it generates an info.pac. leave it info.pac..

it says this in the OP...

Copy the generated info.pac to your SD

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
It didn't generate anything called "info.pac", there's an "edit_me_info_en.pac" or something, but if I try to rename it "info.pac" or "info_en.pac", I get the same problem as all these other people, the game freezes after the loading screen.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This tool doesn't convert songs, and I have yet to see a song title crash the game at the end of a round.
Maybe you have a bad brstm.
I had some of my brstms's get corrupted after many hours of using the FPC

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Can you please make a tool that converts titles in other areas of the game? For example, I have the melee target smash song in place of the brawl one, and I really don't want to keep seeing TARGET SMASH!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bump for help with my problem two posts ago. I copied over the info.pac to the directory that was said, and it freezes when the title is supposed to come up. Am I supposed to copy the songs.db file anywhere as well? That wasn't mentioned but I have a feeling that's the problem.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
nope, songs.db is just used by the program to generate the info.pac.
Make sure you are using a codeset that has FPC 3.5.1, otherwise, any attempt to replace info.pac will freeze.
If the game is freezing when the stage loads, its probably due to a malformed songs.db, or a strange character inside songs.db.

Chibo, can you megaupload your songs.db file for me?

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
I now get the info.pac, but it says "lots of uneeded information was left in the info.pac", so I still have my same problem of it freezing after the loading screen.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well after a million tries and finally finding HXXD, I've FINALLY gotten this god **** broken as hell thing to work. Yay. XD

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I open the songs in Notepad right?

I did that and a huge jumble of text was inside...just out of curiousity is there a more organized way of doing this? I'm assuming I have to find the text to the song that was replaced, delete it, add new text in its place? This looks hectic like crazy...am I missing a piece of the puzzle...(since the Original Post is way too simplified and is even leaving out info like file name directories...)

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
I open the songs in Notepad right?

I did that and a huge jumble of text was inside...just out of curiousity is there a more organized way of doing this? I'm assuming I have to find the text to the song that was replaced, delete it, add new text in its place? This looks hectic like crazy...am I missing a piece of the puzzle...(since the Original Post is way too simplified and is even leaving out info like file name directories...)
This is the problem I'm having as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom