• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you live in PA right
I just recieved word that I can't make it to the entire event... =/ I'm sad but i will be showing up Friday to Promote my tournement! I hope you all can help me out!

I could really use some help with this! I Really want this event to happen and I think you all would really enjoy it! I want someone else to host the Tournement side of the event. I will deal with the rest! See it Here----------------> The Roast of Nintendo.

If you are interested please contact me! Plz I could really use some help on this!
PM me and I can fill you in on any info you want!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I just recieved word that I can't make it to the entire event... =/ I'm sad but i will be showing up Friday to Promote my tournement! I hope you all can help me out!

I could really use some help with this! I Really want this event to happen and I think you all would really enjoy it! I want someone else to host the Tournement side of the event. I will deal with the rest! See it Here----------------> The Roast of Nintendo.

If you are interested please contact me! Plz I could really use some help on this!
Wait why cant you make it to the entire event

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

Dang that sucks bro. I'll go check out your thread now

tw1n

Smash Champion
Can you teach me some Taekwondo? I've been wanting to learn! REAL LIFE SMASH BROS! lol
Lol TKD is cool and all but its so easy to get around. In overall sparring I have never lost to someone who trains solely in TKD. Its easy to get around unless they are insanely fast. I know that there are TKD style fighters out there who can kick my *** tho. But my thoughts on it are simple, its great for friendly competition, bad for real life self defense.

Ugh, so much experience.. How am I going to win.. lol. I guess I'll just have to be creative somehow rofl.
Practice, have fun, and don't go in with the mindset that you are going to lose or you don't want to let anyone down. Its all about having a good time and doing your best =] (and about the area you fight in... that helps to)

Cough cough see here about all of the above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3g4g388ME&feature=related#t=4m37s

Ehhh, how about no fighting. Lets just all be friends and play magic tricks on each other!
Eh... sounds like fun still lol.

Wtf no fighting, that's not interesting. lol.
Spoken like a true warrior.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Dear Twins,

Please teach me a card trick. Just one. I love card tricks, and I love performing them. I try to learn one from everyone I know that knows any, but losing practice and a bad memory has left me with only two actual tricks I can do. I'd love to learn something simple from you guys. Watching the vids from Pound 4 were so very very impressive.

Love,
Some Lowely Brawl Player

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lets do it! Pray for the Safety of everyone in New Jersey! Cause Some Bad *** Mo.Fo. Ninjas Are comin to town!
Lol, I'd be sure to bring my stealth gear then, matte black + a little cameo, awesome for manhunt/stealth games in general.

Teach me MMA stuff and I'll teach you what I know about empty force! :bee:
Ok, I've never run into empty force, I'm skeptical, but I'd love to see you pull it off and learn about it if I could.

lol during a boxing night we had with my friends I got hit in the back of the neck and my nerve was pinched and my body went limp... it was the craziest thing... I was conscience the entire time but couldn't move...!
Ahhh, nerve strikes, those are fun, what's happening is your body is getting a calcium surge which paralyzes you for a bit, I know a number of accessible nerve clusters, it's pretty effective.

I'm a 1st degree in TKD :D

I have my personal disagreements with the practical uses but I still love it. I've been out for a year but still spar regularly :D.
I never got a chance to train properly with it, which sucks cause it's amazing kicking training (which unfortunately, I suck relatively at).

I am always willing to teach and learn for those who are willing. My brother and I both have 12 years of wrestling, I'm a black belt it TKD, we both know boxing and submissions as well. If there is anything you would like to know so you can better defend yourself please come find me at apex or PM me. I am always willing to help.
Count me in.

As far as my experience, no black belts, but I don't really train in "belt" styles with one exception.

Primary experience :
American Kempo Karate
Ninpo taijutsu
Kali/Eskrema

Secondary:

Muay Thai
Fencing (amazing spacing cross-training)

Beyond that, I did a number of short-term studies and technique exchanges in order to build a personal style (things like Capoeira, Jeet kune do, a few different Kung-fu styles, and several others). I doubt I could explain concepts, but I incorporated elements of them into my personal style.

Also, I love knife-fighting.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I love the idea of Crews on Day 1 because if they aren't, they probably won't happen.

It always ends up getting pushed off.

But I don't like only EC vs. WC and USA vs the World. I feel like South is stacked enough that they deserve to play as well. I know time is an issue but I just think it would suck if it was only EC vs. WC and USA vs the world, I'd rather see an EC, WC, South round robin kinda thing.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Crismas, you've taken taekwondo?

.....the same Crismas that sold me stickers?
:3 yup I took two years, I was a red high belt. I was so close to training for black belt T_T *sigh*...

Can you teach me some Taekwondo? I've been wanting to learn! REAL LIFE SMASH BROS! lol
I'm no good at teaching the real stuff, but I could teach basics!

Lol TKD is cool and all but its so easy to get around. In overall sparring I have never lost to someone who trains solely in TKD. Its easy to get around unless they are insanely fast. I know that there are TKD style fighters out there who can kick my *** tho. But my thoughts on it are simple, its great for friendly competition, bad for real life self defense.
I agree with this so much! With TKD it's mostly good for defense.

And Roman, blackbelts are top tier, but God Tier goes to the 4 (I believe) 9th degree great grand masters of TKD living in America. I trained directly under one most of my TKD career (Master Kim). Despite being old he could kick my ***!!!
My master was Grand Master Jang. And this was my school: http://jangstartkd.com/ -- super miss it.

Yeah, all this talk about martial arts makes me sad. I've been away from it for too long. I do minor training at home but I really need to go back, I miss it way too much. :(

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dear Twins,

Please teach me a card trick. Just one. I love card tricks, and I love performing them. I try to learn one from everyone I know that knows any, but losing practice and a bad memory has left me with only two actual tricks I can do. I'd love to learn something simple from you guys. Watching the vids from Pound 4 were so very very impressive.

Love,
Some Lowely Brawl Player
Dear brawl player,

I will gladly show you an easy basic trick that is fun and not hard to take to memory. All you must do is find us and talk to us. Odds are we will be on the melee side 100% of the time. The only other thing is if we do teach you something, we taught you so you can do it... not so you can go and teach others lol. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,
-Twin1

P.S. Play melee

Ahhh, nerve strikes, those are fun, what's happening is your body is getting a calcium surge which paralyzes you for a bit, I know a number of accessible nerve clusters, it's pretty effective.
Beyond that, I did a number of short-term studies and technique exchanges in order to build a personal style (things like Capoeira, Jeet kune do, a few different Kung-fu styles, and several others). I doubt I could explain concepts, but I incorporated elements of them into my personal style.

Also, I love knife-fighting.
Lol you sounds alot like my bro and I. Well versed. I personally love pressure point fighting. Its just so much more enjoyable to make someones arms go dead and they can't figure out why.
Knife fighting is legit. I also love some defense moves against a knife user that a jujitsu master taught me. Much fun there lol.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
**** it!! I am so pissed that I won't be able to be in the tourney... But I will be there for the friday so I wanna get alot of Friendlies and MM's in XD

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
still lookin for someone with a CC to register with me,ill pay back on PP

i dont want to get a prepaid cc,super tight on cash as theres alot of stuff i need to save for

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dear Twins,

Love,
Some Lowely Brawl Player
Dear Brawl Player who is also a modern day Mercutio,

As my brother said we will be happy to teach you a magic trick that is impressive and easy to remember/perform. But under the condition that you do not go and teach it to everyone else you see.

Alfred Borden: "Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them." (movie The Prestige)

Just find us on the melee side :D If Dekar goes we'll probably go to the Brawl side to cheer him on every now and then too.

Look on my channel for tricks and let me know if there are any you are particularly interested in. It doesn't mean we'll teach it to you though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinA505

Sincerely,
Kyle aka Twin_A

And can't wait to spar/train.learn with and from people at the tourney. Register already! Poor Alex is looking closer and closer to having a stroke :p

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Dear brawl player,

I will gladly show you an easy basic trick that is fun and not hard to take to memory. All you must do is find us and talk to us. Odds are we will be on the melee side 100% of the time. The only other thing is if we do teach you something, we taught you so you can do it... not so you can go and teach others lol. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,
-Twin1

P.S. Play melee
I just worked 12 hours at Six Flags. This post alone made my night. Hooray! I'll probably be chilling on the Melee side plenty cause it's so fun to watch. I wish my hands weren't ******** bad at all the technical requirements to play.

And to TwinA's response,

I'll definately check out the channel and see if there's anything specific I'm interested in. I'm not even more hyped for this event.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
adumbrodeus, I don't study empty force, however, my brother, Sifu Richard Mooney, is a leading expert in Empty Force, and a grand master in kung fu. He studied under master paul dong, and has multiple books published. I know everything that I know because of him, but unfortunately, my martial skills only go so far. :(

Empty Force, and the wonders of Qi, are often looked down upon as being false and non-existent because of all of the phony instructors out there which give it a bad name, but I assure you it is indeed very real. :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hm I dont know it is part of the US and OOC means out of country. I am sure if anyone came from there they can room...also several smashers are housing.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
**** it!! I am so pissed that I won't be able to be in the tourney... But I will be there for the friday so I wanna get alot of Friendlies and MM's in XD
this is rather strange, my first name is caleb and my middle name is roy. not even ****ing with you, im freaked out.

Just a question worth asking, would Alaska be considered to be OoC status since it's soo **** far out here?
This is relevant to my interests.. I don't care so much about the tour part or whatever else was mentioned, but not paying 300 dollars for a place to sleep would make me (and mijikai i suppose) very grateful, especially considering how much more expensive it would be to go to this as opposed to something on the west coast.

Also, I am looking for doubles partner for MELEE. I am an experienced Fox player, as well as a few other characters...I have been playing competitive melee for 4 years (as much as Alaska allows) If anyone knows who Lunaris is, I am on par with him, to verify my skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom