• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 - Florida Infohub

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
K everyone updated to this point

And all brawl is friday. Hope there's spots when I can register in 2 weeks

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You should just stay at the cheaper place bro. Not like well be at the hotel much anyway might as well make it cheap

Edit: well depending on how many would be in the room the price may not be too bad even at triple the rates of the other place. How many would be in a room garret?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Eight people per room. We'll be in a Quadruple Occupancy room.

Also dunno if you were talking to me, but it's not about saving money for me. I wanna have the best experience possible, which means partying in the hotel right next to the venue.

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well its a mile away so not right next to lol

So what's the total amount with tax for the room? I'm guessing around 730-740 total for Thursday checkin and Monday checkout? So 91 per person for a room of 8?

If 5 other people can afford that then ill consider being the 8th

Two-Ell

Smash Master
With how much going around I do, one mile is pretty much right next to for me xD

Hmmm, Thursday Check-in. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay there Thursday night. With that included It's 777.40 total. That will be $97 per person.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
For thursday, I might actually consider the other hotel.

If there are people who want to be at the official, thursday night, we'll base the size of the room we rent on how many interested.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So even if it were 3 days its about 583 total aka 73 per person. Then another 8 dollars for the one night in the other hotel so 81 total? Just wanna make sure my numbers are right

With a lot of smashers getting housed or driving or staying elsewhere its hard for me to jump on the bandwagon for this one. If it were the entire hotel like genesis I'd pay anything lol

The other hotel is still about 35 total for the whole weekend including Thursday checkin. Even if you were to take a cab alone every day back and forth and even if they charged you the same price for 7 (which they wouldn't but let's say they did) that's an additional 28 per day which is still less than main hotel

Were Florida bro. The hype is going to come to us once we say where we staying. Happened at genesis happened at ktar will probably happen here too. I need more personal hype to pay double-triple of where I was last time. SHOW ME THE HYPE GARRET :laugh:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Well I have to say, you make some compelling arguments there Keith xD. I suppose I'll consider the alternate hotel, but I do want to be at the official Sunday night at the least when Top 8's are happening even if it's a significantly smaller room/on my own.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If we stayed 3 nights at the cheap hotel and 1 in the main one (I'm guessing Sunday night?) That would be around 50 total (25 for 3 days of cheap and 25 for 1 official hotel day)

Just curious why Sunday night? Anyone in the region will have probably driven home by then ...but they probably wouldn't be at a hotel either way

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Like I said if you can get 5 others to agree ill make up the 8th person (for the full weekend at hyatt)

Since you and your SIS is two and I would be the 8th

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
K so i'm arriving wednesday staying with a smasher who lives on the campus. But i only made guaranteed arrangements for wednesday and possibly thursday. I def. am looking to get a hotel room with Florida. I'll stay where ever, whenever, and with whomever. So i can work around what you guys decide whether it be official all the way or unofficial then official or all unofficial.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
looking at the attendance list so far...two hotel rooms might have to happen. Two adjacent hotels would be pretty damn hype I gotta admit

Edit: Yea, already we have 16 people going (although im unsure if trump is going, everyone else included on that list is pretty much confirmed)

if this gets too out of hand we might need 3 rooms :laugh:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Okay so Keith, I've pretty much succumbed to the ache in my wallet and will spend all the nights at the other hotel xD. We can just just get a huge room at that place or something.

can I have my partner in doubles buy into the room also? In the teammate section of the OP put me as:

2link121 -> Blubba_Pinecone

:rosalina:~

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We can get like 3 rooms bro lol. For the same price as the official hotel

Plus its next door to a fuddruckers or at least it was last time

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Fuddruckers is not a northeast only restaurant.

The tan colored states are the ones with Fuddruckers, which now makes me sad to find out that New York doesn't have a Fuddruckers. At least NY has White Castle.

Anyway, Fuddruckers.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i dont like fuddruckers :\. i like a good old classic home made seibrik burger

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the closest one to us is in festival bay, which is 20 minutes or so SW

Top Bottom