• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 - Florida Infohub

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I want to go to but I'm not sure how I'm gonna go by things as of yet. Can I get a guess or estimate on how much spent minimally going to a tournament of this kind?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If you buy your plane tickets soon, you may be able to land a round trip around the low 200's.
Then venue fee + singles is 45. If you do it before Friday then the price gets amped.

aaaand food and hotel.

So maybe like, a max of 4-500. If you're rich.
You can get away with spending 350.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mink, are you/dapuffster gonna accompany me/mvd/xaltis/dj jack (if there were more people I don't remember) in our NYC tour on Thursday?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I would like to, yes.
*see above* GDX says he wants to go with Alex Strife's tour.

Do you guys wanna join that big smash tour or a seperate one?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um...I would think a separate one. Being with that huge of a group, imo, when touring would be rather...irritating.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm down to join you guys Thursday instead

Still need those 13 total others to confirm they can pay those amounts for rooms before me and garret get to reserving

You applicable guys should let me win nll Saturday so I can buy a room cheap :laugh:

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hey what's up guys. I just bought DaShizWiz's ticket thanks to the good player fund.

Here's his info.

Depart:
1/5/12
Travelers: DaShizWiz
Locations:
Depart Fort Myers (RSW) at 8:30am
Arrive at Newark (EWR) at 1:26pm

Return Flight

Depart:
1/9/12
Travelers: DaShizWiz
Locations:
Depart Newark (EWR) at 8:15am to Fort Myers
Arrive at Fort Myers (RSW), 1:47pm

+ Needs Housing

thought i'd drop in. def hyped about apex over here. it's gonna be infectious no lie. GDX can feel it.

I'm gonna stick close to ed, so just include me in the plan with hotels. i'm not looking forward to 5 hour trip time, but it'll be worth it.

side note: how did i end up going to this when i can barely ever make it out to nll?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol Ian in the past few years I've been to more oos tourneys then sfl

Cause my car can't do 3-4 hours it can do 20 minutes to the airport

:phone:

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Continental Airlines # 1732

Tampa International (TPA) to Newark Liberty Int'l (EWR)
Departure (TPA): January 4, 6:30 AM EST (morning)
Arrival (EWR): January 4, 9:07 AM EST (morning)

Monday, January 9, 2012
Continental Airlines # 1575

Newark Liberty Int'l (EWR) to Tampa International (TPA)
Departure (EWR): January 9, 6:20 AM EST (morning)
Arrival (TPA): January 9, 9:22 AM EST (morning)

strawhats

Smash Master
Pretty sure hbox, linguini, colbol and Plup are going lol. Would be nice if chops goes.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ey garret, i dunno how late we can reserve rooms by paying full price up front for the 270 or so...if we can still do it in december, I can reserve a room then

otherwise I can call them and put up my card info at anytime for the higher amount

either way, we need people to start confirming. imma keep trolling you guys about it until it happens :laugh:. It doesnt matter what room since we'll try to have 2 adjacent but still need numbers to cover costs

and also for those of you who havnt registered (like me) price increases by $5-10 at end of this month

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
bump, mainly as a reminder for 3 things:

1. still want 13 people to confirm they could cover the 42 at most for the entire weekend. I love you guys, but I dont want me or garret financially screwed over due to lack of housing funds (a smasher still owes me 180 dollars from 3 years ago :laugh: )

2. to remind anyone you know if they ARE going to apex, to also pass along their travel/housing info so plans can be better formulated. Time's going to pass so fast that there wont really be sufficient time to plan stuff while already in Jersey

3. Speaking of which, we should somewhat plan the NYC trip on thursday. By that , we mainly have to just plan where/when to meet that morning, and by what time we have to get on the public trains so we can make it back to our hotel that night. I'll look at train schedules later to see what amount of time we would be working with

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ok. i just want to look out for garret and myself. You guys are good on money but not so good on actually doing it (example, someone may have the money to stay with florida OOS but they dont decide until last minute and stay with someone else entirely)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
ok. i just want to look out for garret and myself. You guys are good on money but not so good on actually doing it (example, someone may have the money to stay with florida OOS but they dont decide until last minute and stay with someone else entirely)

I really hope your not referring to me when you say "You guys" I'm always do 100% what I say I'm gonna do when it comes to OOS tourneys.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you guys refers to entire florida smash community in general. no one in particular

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im going to be staying at the cheap hotel that gdx found.

Ill attempt to get a rroom close by to you guys'
well if you're by yourself you can probably join in one of our rooms and save money by not having to buy a full one yourself

Top Bottom