• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 - Florida Infohub

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So you're telling me that it's another half hour from my where i am currently which is near hour and a half from my original place and i've only been around smash comm. less than half the time yall have.
Only natural idk.
Show me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol its essentially the same distance from both of our houses

and i used to live an hour and a half SW of here in Winter Haven (where the swamp guys are)

it wont matter cause we'll just force you to go at apex

in fact, i should find my video of georgia recording me the first time i ever went

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I didn't learn about Fuddruckers from the Smash community. I don't know what that has to do with anything but ok.

Only time I been to Fuddruckers was to eat out during a trip to Disney Quest with my crew.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
The first time I went to fuddruckers I was in middle school xD That place was like 5 minutes away from me but it shut down ;-; the closest now there are two in opposite directions but they're both roughly 30 minutes away :3 sooo worth it :D

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, I suppose I needs to add my info on there lol.

Myself and Ian(Funky/SuperAwesomeHypeTrain!) are leaving Jan 4th from Tampa (TPA) to Newark (EWR)
6:10 AM -> 12:20 PM

We're coming back Jan 9th 7:35 AM and finally arriving 3:55 PM lol.

Southwest Airlines.

I'll let ya format it GDX. Also, I'm hoping Trump is able to go. I will weep if he cannot, and then I will begin the search for partners. TRUMP....you go!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Welp, I suppose I needs to add my info on there lol.

Myself and Ian(Funky/SuperAwesomeHypeTrain!) are leaving Jan 4th from Tampa (TPA) to Newark (EWR)
6:10 AM -> 12:20 PM

We're coming back Jan 9th 7:35 AM and finally arriving 3:55 PM lol.

Southwest Airlines.

I'll let ya format it GDX. Also, I'm hoping Trump is able to go. I will weep if he cannot, and then I will begin the search for partners. TRUMP....you go!
Ian is going? **** has officially gone down

and you mean the 4th as in that wednesday?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ah ok. I'll update it today

Definitely think we gonna need 3 rooms lol. I need to find out if they charge at checkout or beforehand. That way we can start getting them set up. Hopefully connected together like ktar was. If its like that we will have to do a conference call to book rooms to ensure they're together

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also www.njtransit.com

Everyone visit that especially if you land in Newark. For you guys who leave stupid early Monday morning I'm not sure how early the train from the area to the Newark airport leaves. Check the website. If it won't get to the airport in time (hour before flight leaves) you may have to group cab it or find an alt ride

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so guys, as of right now

If you are able to pre-purchase your room at the Howard Johnson, it is 270 for Thursday-Monday, so about 34 a person

If you are not, and you will be charged at checkout, your amount is $336, so about 42 a person

I'm down with reserving a room under my name, but I currently dont have the funds to pre-purchase it for the lower amount, so I'd be going with the other amount. I'd imagine garret will be getting a room as well, and im not sure what his financial situation is looking like either

So we have the list of those who may need housing. All im looking for is confirmations that people are down to pay the $42 for the entire 4 days of housing. Once we have 13 people confirmed, me and garret should buy the rooms together in such a way that they are connected together by a door (its 13 cause me + 2link+his sister would make 16)

Also dont forget that cabs are 14 bucks total that fits 7 each way, so $2 each way to/from the venue. You could also walk the 2-3 miles if you want, but I definitely wont be :laugh:

Edit: i'd personally like to keep it all florida, but I'd include GA/AL in this as well as they are so nice to us when we travel they might as well be FL

Two-Ell

Smash Master
My partner Blubba will be included as well and he has the money to cover his spot. I can't quite pre-purchase right now either. It'll depend on how soon people get the money.

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, just a question, so it's $42 a head for the whole time? Really? Not bad at all.

lol i guess ill take that as a confirmation

once we get 16 people total (including me garret his sister and blubba) then we can safely reserve the two rooms. Gonna try to call them on a 3 way call to see if we get the same rates over the phone, to make sure that we get rooms connected together

eventually gonna need a 3rd room probably, dunno whos gonna head that one though

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
keith, im like 99% goin to nll, so tell me before(assuming i win some money) how much i owe you if i were to stay with u friday-sunday night (my filght leaves leguardia monday at 6:45am so i might just rough it at the airport sunday night

but yea, i can pay u by nll if u tell me how much u think it'd be for me.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this is too late but, if anyone is good at finding ticket flights and such, would it be possible to buy a ticket around the price of 140-180$ roundtrip?

I feel like im too late on snagging the better deals and well at this point I'm not sure if its just too expensive to go to apex. :(

I'd leave from the miami or Ft.Myers airports and arrive in newark? Is that where you guys are landing? That or md/va/dc airports will work too (whichever is cheapest).

If someone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. At this point I feel like to give up on trying to attend this since i dont really know where to look for a good flight this late.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You would've found $170-180 deals at the end of October, but they've gone up by about $20-25 now.

I see you can fly from MIA to EWR(Newark) for only $200(without tax) on Frontier and Jetblue. You'll have to take two hours of layover though xD: https://www.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1687&t=f&cid=200&sid=2&_showEws=false

There's tons of flights to LGA(NYC) for only $200 right now too.

I dunno when you want to head over there and return. I assumed leave Thu. and come back Mon. with those up there ^

:rosalina:

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
So my bill passed through the first Senate meeting. Now its going to be reviewed by the SG executive branch.

After that if will hit the senate floor and get voted on.

So far it looks good.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Update The bill passed through SenEx it also was not amended from 8. That means i will be able to take 8 FGCU smashers.

The bill will hit the Senate Floor this week or next depending on the schedule. I have sat in one 2 senate meetings once a bill passes through legislation and hits the floor it is almost always passed so at this point it is all but final.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Update The bill passed through SenEx it also was not amended from 8. That means i will be able to take 8 FGCU smashers.

The bill will hit the Senate Floor this week or next depending on the schedule. I have sat in one 2 senate meetings once a bill passes through legislation and hits the floor it is almost always passed so at this point it is all but final.
Good **** Viper aka the savior of the FL Smash scene

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Omg my travel agent is doing so much work right now. Didnt even know this was here. Gdx should get a medal for this
:laugh:

I mainly didnt want to hear people wah-ing cause they didnt prepare enough. With all the places i've traveled to might as well give the newer smashers what I never had...a planner

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
everyone is so split up in their travel/housing plans. We probably all wont see each other until Friday honestly

aka you on your own *****s :laugh: (I'll probably try to go to NYC on thursday for anyone that wants to join me. Trying to join alex strife to see what plans he has thursday

Top Bottom