• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
^ Yes

Lolol EE!

Sorry to hear that story Pidgyzero. That's how I read your name for some reason btw lol. Not too far off :p My smash name was originally Rurounikeitaro but at my first tournament Plank and Lord Knight kept calling me "Ruroruhruhruh" consistently so I decided to take off the Rurouni part.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im not gonna go into more detail cuz it's private, it's really lame i know and i should man the **** up and just do me but w/e, it's enough to keep me out of my ness costume but not enough to keep me out of apex
^ the right mindset, errbody better be at this.

If he's making Ness costumes then he's prolly gay & just decided to come out, don't blame yourself, blame science.

Follow me on Twitter @ThePhenomenalEE, it cheers everyone up.

:017:
lol this guy... youd think he was running for office the way he hawks this twitter around

^ Yes

Lolol EE!

Sorry to hear that story Pidgyzero. That's how I read your name for some reason btw lol. Not too far off :p My smash name was originally Rurounikeitaro but at my first tournament Plank and Lord Knight kept calling me "Ruroruhruhruh" consistently so I decided to take off the Rurouni part.
Lol at plank and LK at the same tournament, playing the same game, thats how you know that shiz was HELLA long ago.
what was the announcement?
madd pot bonuses
250 for pretty much everything that isnt a main game
500 for tekken
1000 for marvel and SF
1500 for melee and brawl.

and the winners of brawl/SF/Marvel get a free ride to Video X Games in St Maartin.

there was a few other things too but thats what mattered to me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
long as registration opens friday or later I'm good for that. gonna set monies aside for it immediately

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
funnily enough I saw your avatar and thought it was blackanese posting. and he happens to be really good in doubles.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok so here is the announcements I said on the stream.

Pot Bonus (This will change as we get more sponsors :) )

• Brawl Singles $1500 + VXG Stipend
  • Melee Singles $1500
  • UMVC3 $1000 + VXG Stipend
  • AE $1000 + VXG Stipend
  • KOF $250
  • Tekken Tag 2 $500
  • SCV $250
  • Persona $250

VXG stipend is provided by

The winners of Brawl, AE, Marvel get a free , ALL EXPENSES PAID TRIP to St. Maarten for the Video X Games. This means you will be getting a free trip to a caribbean island for winning Apex!

We will be featuring booths for some independent games. The following will be at Apex 2013:

Super Smash Flash 2 is the leading Smash Bros. fangame on the internet, reeling in plays from over 400,000 Smash Bros fans daily despite its work-in-progress state. It includes a diverse and unique roster of its own, features fast-paced 2D combat with satisfying combos, and supports two to four players. It takes the crown as one of the most ambitious Flash games to date.

Super Smash Bros. Crusade is a large project built from the ground up and started by three die-hard Smash Bros. fans, Phantom7, Falcon8r, and Dr.MarioX. Our goal is to create a Smash Bros. game packed with characters and stages from the most memorable video games of all time as well as create a Smash Bros. experience that combines the greatest features that all three official Smash Bros. games have to offer.

BaraBariBall is a competitive sports game for two or four players. Score by dunking the ball in the water on the opposing team’s side, lose a point for falling into the water yourself.

Project M will be featuring a special INVITE-ONLY tournament at Apex 2013. More info to come!

REGISTRATION WILL BE UP THIS WEEK SO GET YOUR GOOGLE CHECKOUT ACCOUNTS READY!

First 30 people who register for Apex get the official Apex 2013 album by Ocremix!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The only thing that could've made this tourney any better was nidhogg, the greatest game ever created

still pretty good though :laugh:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
update OP with games + going to add Indie Games to OP as well

dude imagine winning brawl and being able to go to a trip to the islands for FREE like WTF and hotel and stuff is provided!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
What does it mean that Project M is "INVITE ONLY?"

Also, do we get free shirts?
We should.
:)
exactly how it sounds. the only people who can enter the tourney are those who are invited to enter said tourney

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Strong Bad will handle anything Project M related as I am not doing much other than having booths for the games there.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Alex Strife, you are absolutely amazing. I haven't gotten a plane ticket or anything, but there is NO WAY I am missing this tournament. So much hype!! :pika:

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I should imagine the reason for invite only is to stop it from requiring too much time and/or setups.
That said, I'll be letting the (good) UK P:M people know so that they can give strongbad a reason to invite them.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Pidge
yeah sorry to hear that but normal clothes good anyway (assuming you have a sense of style lol)

I'm going to be in that first 30 people registered. might enter SCV too. maybe.

So Fatal

Smash Master
what were the brawl results/payouts of vxg 2012?

edit results:

1st - (DPGL) DR Willem
2nd - PR Doom
3rd - (DPGL) DR Papin
4th - (DPGL) DR Ermac
5th - (DPGL) DR Luiman
5th - (DPGL) DR Yunior
7th - SXM Twigz
7th - (DPGL) DR Ray

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Teams)

1st - Team "Black and White Chocolate" (Papin and Willem - DPGL/DR)
2nd - Team "Omnigay" (Doom and Yunior - DPGL/DR)
3rd - Team "Akatsuki" (Ermac and Luiman - DPGL/DR)
4th - Team "Mango Delux" (Maverick and Phell - DPGL/DR)
5th - Team "ZK" (Ufka and RockNRoll - SXM)
5th - Team "Enphazys" (Jayl and Kutios - Aruba)
7th - Team "Brawl Players" (Toto and Chito - SXM)
7th - Team "The Fam" (Giomar and Original Chimp - SXM)

not sure about money or entrants

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i don't really have a sense of style tho, when im not at work i dress like im still in grade 10

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
better than at least 65% of the community so it counts I guess

@Fatal I legit know none of those people's names except Doom and I'm pretty sure thats not actually NY/NJ Doom.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The Project M tournament will be an invitational, mostly because we don't want to conflict with the other Smash games as far as tournament running time, but also so we can showcase specifically high level play of the game at such an early time. To be honest, I'd have rather done an open-entry tournament, but it's not in the cards with so many other games being at APEX. Keep in mind that we'll have a booth with multiple setups throughout the weekend, so you can always play friendlies or even MMs. :p

Invites will go out to players that have shown their ability to perform well in Project M tournaments in the past, which we (the PMBR) have been keeping a very close eye on throughout the past months. We haven't worked out the numbers for how many will be invited, but if we have room, we'll also be allowing select members of the PMBR to enter. It'll be interesting to see a "Fight the Devs" situation unfold at APEX 2013. :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Registration should be up VERY soon so be aware so you don't miss the first 30 registration spots.

what were the brawl results/payouts of vxg 2012?

edit results:

1st - (DPGL) DR Willem
2nd - PR Doom
3rd - (DPGL) DR Papin
4th - (DPGL) DR Ermac
5th - (DPGL) DR Luiman
5th - (DPGL) DR Yunior
7th - SXM Twigz
7th - (DPGL) DR Ray

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Teams)

1st - Team "Black and White Chocolate" (Papin and Willem - DPGL/DR)
2nd - Team "Omnigay" (Doom and Yunior - DPGL/DR)
3rd - Team "Akatsuki" (Ermac and Luiman - DPGL/DR)
4th - Team "Mango Delux" (Maverick and Phell - DPGL/DR)
5th - Team "ZK" (Ufka and RockNRoll - SXM)
5th - Team "Enphazys" (Jayl and Kutios - Aruba)
7th - Team "Brawl Players" (Toto and Chito - SXM)
7th - Team "The Fam" (Giomar and Original Chimp - SXM)

not sure about money or entrants
A lot of these guys are trying to go to Apex, if what Doom told me is correct. Kinda wish this was a qualifier.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so as long as you do good in project m tourneys you get invited? what if the dev team hates you, would that bias your chances at all?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i am watching this thread like a hawk for that prereg site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom