• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had my I can't use Ike anymore moment. But after playing other with other characters, i realized that Ike is the character for me.

But i do use others than Ike still.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Don't know if I said this in another thread already but that happened to me saturday at a tourney I switched to R.O.B. still lost then I decided screw this I'll stick with Ike in the loosers bracket and I ended up beating the guy who got me out of the winners.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
I had my I can't use Ike anymore moment. But after playing other with other characters, i realized that Ike is the character for me.

But i do use others than Ike still.

I only used Ike b/c I love Fire Emblem not b/c hes "easy" to use.
I like Link he has soo many options for attack

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm going to try to get my matches on a SD card from this nyc weekly ... last week i won a 2 v 1 twice against dire vulcan and wes =P ... and my 1v1 matches are pretty intense cuz everyone in nyc is top of the line lol ... but i really dont kno how to put them online after i get them on an SD card >.<

Kirk

Smash Champion
*shameless advertising*

I recently finished my latest video...dare I say it is a compilation this time.

Thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186690

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvzgyWdedQ

I didn't feel it needed its own thread here...since this post should do just fine.

I made sure to put a lot of effort in the presentation/editing of the video to make it as enjoyable as it can be. Hope you guys like it as much as I did making it.

/shamelssadvertising

Edit: By the way, comments and feedback are always appreciated :D

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
*shameless advertising*

I didn't feel it needed its own thread here...since this post should do just fine.

I made sure to put a lot of effort in the presentation/editing of the video to make it as enjoyable as it can be. Hope you guys like it and much as I did making it.

/shamelssadvertising

Dude Spectacular! :O
any some funny moments hehe
I chose Ike b/c he is awesome in FE nuff said

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
i'm going to try to get my matches on a SD card from this nyc weekly ... last week i won a 2 v 1 twice against dire vulcan and wes =P ... and my 1v1 matches are pretty intense cuz everyone in nyc is top of the line lol ... but i really dont kno how to put them online after i get them on an SD card >.<
give me your BC and wii friend code I'll do it. wait how did you get the metaknight vid on youtube then?

now to watch kirk's vid

Alukard

Smash Hero
give me your BC and wii friend code I'll do it. wait how did you get the metaknight vid on youtube then?

now to watch kirk's vid
i saved it on ninjalinks wii while i was at the weekly ... but thanks a bunch =]]]]

aim me for my code and all that jazz

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
*shameless advertising*

I made sure to put a lot of effort in the presentation/editing of the video to make it as enjoyable as it can be. Hope you guys like it as much as I did making it.

/shamelssadvertising

Edit: By the way, comments and feedback are always appreciated :D
Too good.

Just too good.

That video is amazing, the quote in your sig sums it all up. It's exactly what I thought.
Originally Posted by Atsu
Wow... this video was very well made (which is a big understatement). I saw the title, I knew it was going to be great. I heard the song, I knew it was going to be great. I saw the video, and it was ****ing brilliant.
It is not shameless advertising, it is doing everyone a favor by posting it, one we don't deserve. Your hard work shows, the video is just great. 5 Star'd, Favorite'd. Truly amazing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Now we have three Ike videos, =o I was thinking of making my own eventually but i have no recording device ;_;

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well I was saving my 500th post for this but it slipped my mind and I ended up posting in the Marth boards:crying:

well I finnally updated the general Q&A and gave it a name hope you all like it. :bigthumbu

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like the change, especially how you separated the different subjects. Though Elincia is too big imo and if you made the background gray on the other character specific pictures (the ones with the white background), that would be nice as well. You don't have to change it though, it is nice how it is now.

We need something to discuss. :ohwell:

Kirk

Smash Champion
Good luck with that.

People would rather post/talk about if Ike is good or not or what tier he is. Or better yet, ***** and complain about how good he is. Metagame discussion is just too boring for people it seems.

I love being in a bad mood >.>

Here's something: My new favorite move of the moment is Eruption. What do you guys think and how does everyone use it in their gameplay?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Doom dragon is doing the backgrounds for me since mine didn't come out all that great. lol I made Elincia smaller too.

As for eruption I'm going to have to get back to you on that. I tried using it durring a few matches right now and hell it is a good move. Basically it is like Ike's falcon punch people put up a shield as soon as they see the red flames so you have to predict to land it.

Hard to get moves to lead into it though, any ideas?

edit: just an FYI I do know that some links are not working will fix those tomorrow and I'm planing on having duplicates of videos as a propaganda type of thing like say someone wants to see Ike vs_ and they like the person fighting so they check him out and maybe he has an Ike ditto so they check the other guy out. Might sound a bit confusing lol.

Also working on a 2v2 section.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
I almost never use eruption...unless the coming back to the stage
btw Im having trouble using Ikes metagame
Idc if its boring I need help or Ill have to forget him as my main...Im crazy with Snake...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think eruption is great, it kills well(not too special with Ike) and has good vertical range, and the super armor makes the move(I think it would be next to useless without it). I usually don't use it till higher percents and very sparingly, but I feel that I land it more than counter, do we have frame data on when the super armor starts? I know we have the counter data but I have not seen anything on eruption.

Lag is not good though, you need to know that it will hit when you use it. The super armor makes it safe during the attack but the start up and ending lag are both quite punishable so you should be very careful when using it.

Overall I think it is a good move to use for killing and I enjoy to use it, but it is dangerous and you don't need to use it because many other moves can do the same job. The super armor is the only reason to use the move over any other you have.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
so y did u all choose Ike?
Usually I choose a character b/c of the game they r from.
I choose him because of his fighting style with single and decisive blows and he looks more mature than my previous main (Pit) and most of the cast. Changing subject, Ftilt can be angled. There is any use for this?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It changes the direction to which your opponent is knocked and can allow you to poke trough some degraded shields.

I've been wondering this for a while how exactly do you land a Utilt and Usmash on a wario after he air breaks you? It is with an Air break from your grab right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its utilt only, cause usmash is too slow. You just grab at utilt's killing percent > wait...... > release by air > utilt > watch the stars go bye

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with Ike a little bit and did a sort of sliding eruption. Just wondering if anybody else has done this.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
There is a list in page 7 and 8 of Empy's guide.

The sliding eruption was known it can be done with his shield as well.

I thought U smash was also possible but o well there isn't much diffrence in % between U smash and U tilt only like 2 or 3.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Has anyone noticed Ike's usmash has the ducking effect. This is really effective for dash usmash to duck under an attack and counter attack right away. This works wonders on diddy's side b, pit's arrows at a closer range, and short hop forward aerials on some charactors. Falco's short hop laser won't hit either.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed Ike's usmash has the ducking effect. This is really effective for dash usmash to duck under an attack and counter attack right away. This works wonders on diddy's side b, pit's arrows at a closer range, and short hop forward aerials on some charactors. Falco's short hop laser won't hit either.
I knew about that but I didn't think it was special or anything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
it's nice cause only someone who has used/battles Ike extentively will know. But it's like a dodging usmash. It really works well on aerial characters. Just need to watch for dair which will counter it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I guess it's not a bad idea to bring that up...never thought about mentioning it before...maybe because it's not as widely known or used.

His hitbox decreases slightly during the attack, sure. Just don't go out of your way to abuse it...as more than likely it will get you punished in the long run. Still good to know regardless.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
it's not something to abuse but it gives ike another option. My goal was to try to help ike get better, adding to his options helps no matter what. I already mentioned how it gets countered too.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Interesting!
its utilt only, cause usmash is too slow. You just grab at utilt's killing percent > wait...... > release by air > utilt > watch the stars go bye
Very interesting! Does it work with any other character?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Has this been tested by people? I don't remember actually hearing discussion on it only someone noticing it on Ryko's combo video or a fight of his something like that. I think that with ROB a ground break can lead to a jab 100% at least it connects 100% of the time because he has time to put up a shield but if you predict this you might be able to get another grab in.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well, grab release to jab has to be ground release i believe. works on some, but thats different than an unavoidable release like Wario. I'm wondering if Meta has a long air release due to his being able to be CG'd easily by yoshi.

I did a little testing on a CPU MK on run. Well I did air releases and when i followed up a dash attack, 100% it hit. I'm wondering if this will be good for combos cause you could grab, grab attack depending on percent, air release then dash attack. You have to dash attack right away for it to work but it needs human testing before its officially a true combo. Oh i did a ground release and MK power shielded both jabs...so yea, computer reflexes are better than humans but MK is close enough to be jabbed again.

oh i think usmash can follow grab release on wario now, i didn't think it'd be that long.

I did a test on Snake, his air release he can jump just in the nick of time, but i believe he doesn't see it coming you can get a dash attack on him once. But i love the ground release on Snake on the edge. He is basically screwed and asking to be spiked. Everyone's ground release though seems to be prefect jab distance away.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
pretty kool I might check on a few characters as well. Like squirtle because both Yoshi and ZSS can chain grab him, plus he is one of the like 4 that Marth has a 100% follow up after a ground break.

-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-Squirtle
-Captain Falcon
-Bowser
-Lucas

are the characters that Yoshi can chain grab easily

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
like I said I de a test on MK, only dash attack worked, still it's 14% + grab attacks

I'm gonna test Falco and bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom