• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At long last, Presenting GSH2, a Brawl+ Nightly Test Set and Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veril

Frame Savant
Blast you Viet. Your post makes me feel like a failure because I don't understand it...But hurray for Butterfree! XD
If it wasn't for the Butterfree I'd be kinda POed at not getting an actual response. I like the current friction, especially for Lucas, Jiggs and MK. The current amount of momentum that can be transfered into a slide on landing is an important component of how I play these characters and I don't want to see it change.

The Cape

Smash Master
For the friction it gives a unique feel to each character the same way their gravity and jumps do.

Most of the Falcon mains that I play with all the time actually enjoy the slide (in its reduced state) as it really assist's Falcon's spacing game and grabs (for an example).

Not to mention it feels odd for people to just land and come to a stop like their feet are glued to the floor.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
"Depth"

...<_<

there is obv an implied meaning to this post :012:
OOOOOH I get it!

It's a ***** joke!!!

Wait... what???

No, honestly, by depth I mean it adds yet another area where characters can differ. People can use the current friction as part of their strategy and i see Falcon players do it all the time, sliding into attacks, confusing people by leading them, hell even managing some interesting cross up tactics. In the end I honestly think-

OH WAIT, was it a ****** joke???

Veril

Frame Savant
Looks like its just about time to get new airtime data... :(

It was obviously a joke, it involved Butterfree. Friction is fine as is.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I dont even know what that post is asking for.

If its for mario fireballs to be like jab resets than that already exists.
No, the fireball does not make the grounded oponent stand up, i just tried it in training(again). And I'm not saying this for the fireball only, but for all the weak projectiles.
Edit: The second fireball does though

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Friction more or less can stay where it is. I'm still wishy-washy on general physics on some characters, but meh.

The joke poked fun at the ages of old where people once threw around the word "depth" without any regard to its actual meaning (implied or denoted) to boost their argument for or against whatever.

Things that are butterfree do not require any understanding of its depth. It is simply understood.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I prefer to be free to slide as if on butter if I want to.

(Explained jokes are always much less funny :/)

The Cape

Smash Master
No, the fireball does not make the grounded oponent stand up, i just tried it in training(again). And I'm not saying this for the fireball only, but for all the weak projectiles.
Edit: The second fireball does though
Thats actually not a problem with the fireball. That is an issue with how the mechanism works. If you hit too early they stay on the ground, if you hit them again they stand up almost instantly.

I notice it on jab resets. Its all a timing thing.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I love this set, but...

*waits for universal ugrav and game speed to be raised*

jk.....maybe
Um...No? XD;

Just go play lightning mode. Or if you want the game speed raised so bad, use the Global Speed Ratio code and change it to whatever you want. It basically speeds up the entire game. :3

Global Speed Ratio [Heinermann]
4A000000 90180F08
14000068 3F870000
E0000000 80008000

Level Speed Modifier [Phantom Wings]
4A000000 90000000
1416A904 3ED00000
E0000000 80008000

I have this on with slowed down stages when I practice in Brawl+. It makes it a whole lot easier to play when you play it normally again because you can easily see what's about to happen. XD

Edit: Threw in the Level Speed I use with it to keep things balanced and in order. Try it, you'll love it. :3

zaf

Smash Lord
As for toon links zair, it is very understandable to want to change it from always guaranteeing a usmash. Either two things happen when i use the move.

1- opponent gets hit with zair, slightly pushing them back.

This is cool, and i can work with this. After the zair lands, i can time a dash attack. If it hits, like OBM said, toon link can land dsmashes. Giving him a small combo.

2- opponent gets hit by zair, and gets sent to the ground to tech.

I still see this happen, at mid to high %'s. So there is still opportunity for an usmash or force get up from a dash attack or arrow.

the thing i want to know is, what exactly differentiates the two states. Is it percentages ?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
wave kusanagi, what's so wrong with characters reaching their SH peak faster? >.>
What's wrong with getting freakin' used to it Symphonic? We've had to for everything else changed in different sets. Quit whining. ¦D

zaf

Smash Lord
the two stages of a zair hit, i want to know what makes them happen.

why does the character get sent to the ground one time and why does he just get knocked back the next...

is it the percent the character is at, or is it random?

this is what i want to know because this will tell me if zair becomes a mix up move, or if it becomes a standard one.

In my opinion, i think the properties of the zair should be random and not set at a certain % to change. If it is at random, then neither my opponent or myself can read what will happen next, and we can both plan accordingly. I think this would make for more depth to the game, rather then knowing what to expect each time,

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think the game is feeling more slidy because of the platform canceling.

@Veril: Nonono you misunderstand me. He wasn't saying that you should make the move untechable. He said that if you simply don't tech the move, and simply roll or otherwise move out of a lying down state instead, most of gannon's followups whiff.
That's simply not true. Even if Ganon can't get a free jab or dtilt like he can with side-B (I dunno, I haven't tested it yet), he can definitely get a followup if he calls the roll. Side-B or down-B or dash attack if he rolls forward, anything you want if they roll backward.

D

Deleted member

Ignored. So, ill repost.

After testing out Samus's bombs explosion on contact as a GTFO move, I couldnt jump out of the morph ball after the explosion occurred. Is there a certain frame which to jump out of or is it impossible?

Ty

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I still miss custom stages
...Am I the only person who can play Brawl+ on custom stages without any problems at all? I'm asking this as seriously as possible. I can even make more stages in the builder and have no problem with them later. What's going on here? O_o

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ooo! Right!

Thanks for that, but man..I feel bad for you guys. o_o'

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I understand
but why is the code there
it makes no sense to inconvenience the homebrew users, the majority

the code should be removed

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Um...Download the text file and turn off the code like I do? ¦D

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Removing custom stages inconveniences everyone
by removing the code this inconvenience will be removed
it will result in an inconvenience for those who dont wish to get homebrew, which are only a few

this means, overall, it will be a positive action

removing a feature a game has is no way to improve it
it is like removing a character
in no way is it proper

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
except it doesn't inconvenience everybody. some people its the only way they can load it. removing it makes it so those people can't play the game at all.

you need to realize other people besides yourself play this game in different ways than you do.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I do realize, but nothing is stopping them from getting homebrew
it was their choice to take the more difficult route, and punishing everyone for it is not just

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
it's the principle,
I shouldn't need to
So in other words, you're a lazy whiner who complains if everything isn't already laid out for you? XD If you don't want the code there, use the text file to remove it. Yes it means you're going to have to use an extremely small amount of time and effort. Whoopity freakin' do.

Get over it. ¦3

Veril

Frame Savant
It is easier to just turn off the code, which is optional, than it is for someone to add in the code, which is required for some people to play at all. The code's purpose is very clear. If you have homebrew and want to use custom stages just take the 5 minutes (at most) to turn off that code.

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom