• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlanta Revival January 16th, 2010 @ GA World Congress Center Atlanta, GA

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
We heard you guys input at the last Revival about how you guys thought the room was too small and we listened. This month’s Atlanta Revival’s room will be much larger than the past three. We’ve added Smash back to our monthly tournaments. You can expect us to always hold Revival each and every month.

Where:
Georgia World Congress Center (Room A409)
285 Andrew Young Intl Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313

Traveling bus Marta:

One great thing about our tournament is it is Marta train accessible. Just hop on the Marta train rail line and take it all the way to the GWCC/Georgia Dome/CNN (or station W1) train station. Go up the escalator, then go to your left up some stairs, and look to your right and you are at the World Congress Center. No need to the take a bus after you ride the transit.

When:
Registration begins at 11 a.m.
Registration closes at around 2:15 p.m.
Tournament begins around 2:30-3:00 p.m.

Door fee: $10

Equipment Waivers:
Equipment waivers will be as follows:
full set up meaning tv and system, free entry
system only, half off.
Smash setups will definitely be needed!

Rules: ALL GAMES
Double Elimination
Standard tournament rounds (3 for 3D, 2 for 2D)
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/teams
Games:

Smash Brothers: Brawl
WII
Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.)

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.\

Smash Brothers: Melee
General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Tekken 6 BR
PS3

Street Fighter IV (All Chracters are allowed)
PS3

Blaze Blue
PS3

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
... 1-on-1 Government? Maaaaaaaaaybe? ^_^ Quite Possiiiibly?
I don't mind running it if we can get a copy of the game plus a playstation to play it on. I have yet to get my hands on a copy. Not even sleepy could find one. :(

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Two words: Pound 4.

Not sure if this is the best date, but do what you must, I guess. :ohwell:
this is good for players who don't go to pound 4 (i.e : all the non smash related players and people who don't have money for pound 4, the date is fine :D)
Yeah this tournament is mostly centered around 2D/3D fighting but we also extend out a bridge for Smash to come. This is a monthly so if they decide not to come there can join us next month. :)

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Subscribed. I'll probably go to this just to see if I can get above the top half in placement for Tekken this time lol. And maybe I'll enter smash bros if no other good people are around since theyll all be at Pound 4. =P

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
By the way who do you know who physically has 1 on 1 government Dogy?
SleepyK said he had one and forgot it at IC.

If it happens, it happens. If not, I'll just b**** and moan and it'll be straight.
Two words: Pound 4.

Not sure if this is the best date, but do what you must, I guess. :ohwell:
Yeaaaaaaaaah dont try to cut everybody else for a tourney that a lot of people around here won't be going to.

I mean I hope I can find a way to go to pound4, but I sure as hell would like to have a tourney to go to in case that didn't happen.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yeah this tournament is mostly centered around 2D/3D fighting but we also extend out a bridge for Smash to come. This is a monthly so if they decide not to come there can join us next month. :)
Wait, so is Smash 4D or something?

But yea, I'm going to Pound 4. Sorry.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!
This is ****ing stupid and you have just lost my attention at this -_-

tubes

Smash Ace

Smash is weird because you really can't argue against it being a fighting game no matter what the developers "intended it to be." The devs clearly ****ed up and made it a fighting game instead. But it is different enough from other fighting games to warrant creating a new sub-genre for it. I call it a platform-based fighting game: A fighting game in which you win by tearing your opponent out the frame.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know very much about Smash myself. These were rules taken from the community as I thought this was the official rules list. Are classic and Wii-motes usually allowed?

Smash isn't considered a traditional 2D or 3D fighting game per say. I think that tubes hit it right on the head.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey I completely understand and I appreciate you guys bringing it to my attention. Next time I will use more caution to make dates. But I hope you guys enjoy 4 pound.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
You know, He's right.

I'm not a brawler but I recall that one of the best players in GA uses a wii mote and nun chuck. and he's pretty **** good with them too.

And they are allowed at Waba tourneys. The same said player uses them there =D

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Im gonna try to make this..Can anybody house me after the tourney saturday night? i really dont like driving at night :-(

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
You know, He's right.

I'm not a brawler but I recall that one of the best players in GA uses a wii mote and nun chuck. and he's pretty **** good with them too.

And they are allowed at Waba tourneys. The same said player uses them there =D
I'll change the rules then. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
as i said in my earlier post if there is anyone in the atlanta area that can house me for this ill def, show.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well it is nice to hear you guys are coming. PB&J let me know the status of the shirts and what not. I definitely plan on hitting you up for those.

C......

Smash Apprentice
i should be able to make it to this 4 melee and maybe tekken 6, any possibility of SF 3rd strike being here?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
We had 3rd Strike at the last Revival so it may be a possibility. The only downside. . . . . .it may be played on PS3.

Gattius

Smash Rookie
Hola Smash Boards- Me and a few friends are planning on attending this event, and we're driving from South GA so it's not that far, but I was wondering what kind of a turn out you'll be expecting for SSBB players at this tournament? Since that's really all we're interested in...

Thanks

Player-1

Smash Legend
Hola Smash Boards- Me and a few friends are planning on attending this event, and we're driving from South GA so it's not that far, but I was wondering what kind of a turn out you'll be expecting for SSBB players at this tournament? Since that's really all we're interested in...

Thanks
well I think the combo breaker tournament is looking to be a bigger atm, so if you can, I'd go to that one instead (the very next weekend), but I think this is getting a pretty decent turn out right now.

BigLøu

Smash Lord

Thanks
Well, the last time there were about 16 entrants that showed up for brawl ( most that came didn't post that they were coming but showed up any ways), so I'd expect around that number or even a little more.

Also if I didn't say I'm coming to this and trying to brind a full car.( And also bringing a full setup for brawl.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

Thanks
There should definitely be a decent turnout for this event I would say. I venue is very accessible for most who live within the Atlanta and surrounding areas since the bus and train station all run by it. But there will definitely be enough competition around to keep you busy. :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
1 on 1 govt:
well, i will be at pound 4, but i do have the MAME rom AND the psx iso for this. i also have a ps1 i could lend to someone if no one wants to go through the trouble of setting up MAME.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
1 on 1 govt:
well, i will be at pound 4, but i do have the MAME rom AND the psx iso for this. i also have a ps1 i could lend to someone if no one wants to go through the trouble of setting up MAME.
While I appreciate your effort for helping the tournament out with that game don't worry about going through the trouble. This is just a monthly tournament and there will be another Revival next month. You can just bring it to that one. :)

Top Bottom