• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
If they continued to go to tournaments and wanted to get better, then I wouldn't have said anything. Fact is that everyone who participated except a select few have quit competition completely so that's where I was coming from in the previous post. They were first and last timers who don't mean anything to the community. Entering tournies to get better is understandable, but 90% of those guys quit for life and that's where their uselessness comes into play. /elitist rant
I didn't quit competitive gaming. Curerntly, I'm in the top 1,000 (out of nearly 20,000 active players) for League of Legends in the US. And the only reason I'm not higher is because all of my ******* friends went back to WoW >.<

Nick you don't play smash, remember?

I'd also like to comment on the Troll PR. I think that Tyser and GameGenie are obviously top 3, but Smeesh belongs at #1 after tonight. Also I'd like to say that I'm upset that I'm not even ranked.
What'd Smeesh do? And Nick considering how many times Nick has built hype for X game, then not shown up to the monthly, he deserves a spot.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
So after some input, here's the updated troll PR:

1. Tyser
2. GameGenie222
3. BoredPeanut
4. Smeesh (what did the guy do)
5. MegaRobMan (no idea what you've done)
11. Mew3King

@Crews: Depends on the level of interest and how much time there is. I'm thinking that Brawl, Melee, and Brawl- would be filling the majority of the time, so it's not all that likely.

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
What Smeesh did was say that he couldn't go to SLAST then he showed up to the Smashfest and said he was j/king and everyone was like "FFFUUUUUUU-" That's about it.

Also, instead of having a Melee or Brawl- tourney, we should just do crews instead. Minus is a bigger joke than vBrawl and Melee doesn't need to happen since we already know the outcome. We'll have TVs for friendlies the whole time anyways, I'm assuming. Anyways, for crews... Nebraska vs. Iowa: which might not even have enough people, and then Omaha vs. Lincoln: which also might be small since neither region has many players anyways.

Omaha crew would be: Tyser, Rob, Smeesh (if he shows), and Dark Yosh (if he shows). If this is 5v5, we can throw Mexi into the mix of things :')

I'm assuming Lincoln will just be Rob's crew + Trent so something like: Trent, Andy, Nate, and then two random people.

EDIT: Wait.... Actually, IIRC, Trent said he's going out of town or something the weekend of this get together. Lincoln will have too weak of a crew if Trent isn't there to balance it. I suppose we can still do it for kicks anyways.

THuGz

Smash Lord
i think there would be interest in crews. fun to watch and lots of people participate. as long as the omaha players actually want to and the lincoln players come

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm watching the FC3 East coast vs. West coast crew battles and i'm on the 6th youtube video where ChuDat loses nana and some dude in the audience is yelling "you don't need that *****!"

the point is, crews PLEASE

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
That crew battle is amazing. It's what got me motivated to play Melee seriously.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Aren't you supposed to be talking in purple?

Also I can't believe someone hasn't taken that name before you.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wait.... Actually, IIRC, Trent said he's going out of town or something the weekend of this get together. Lincoln will have too weak of a crew if Trent isn't there to balance it. I suppose we can still do it for kicks anyways.
Trent is going out of town?!!? ****ed it. I wanted to play him again.

Also "5. MegaRobMan (no idea what you've done)".

I troll the trolls so most of the time my trolls are impossible to detect. Plus John J. Johningston said so.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Aura - How much space does your place have? Seems like a decent amount of people are going to show.

Also.

I want a new handle.

What should my new account be called? Any suggestions go into a hat, I will draw my name randomly.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Nick's new name should be:

Wickdaggler

I have a decent amount of space, it might be a little cramped if there are a lot of people but I think we can manage.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser we lost to Tony Parker. Also I think Trent moving up is appropriate, way to represent. (johns about Chaingrabs)

Edit:

I'm going to TAS in Lenexa, KS, or at least I want to. Trent are you going? Tyser, you should going? Thugz will your mom let you going? It's in Overland Park basically and that' s a super rich place and not "trash" like your mom called Wichita. If we can take 1 car I'd want to do that, but if we need to take 2 that's fine as well.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I talked to LargeBobHuman, we should do NE vs. IA crews (^_______________^)
you should respond if you're interested, something like 24 stocks?

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm going to TAS in Lenexa, KS, or at least I want to. Trent are you going? Tyser, you should going? Thugz will your mom let you going? It's in Overland Park basically and that' s a super rich place and not "trash" like your mom called Wichita. If we can take 1 car I'd want to do that, but if we need to take 2 that's fine as well.
Yeah, probably, are we staying though? Since its just like 3 and a half hours

§chizm

Smash Lord
I talked to LargeBobHuman, we should do NE vs. IA crews (^_______________^)
you should respond if you're interested, something like 24 stocks?
I doubt IA will have 6 people that want to do crews. If people really want to do crews you should do draft since any other way will be rigged most likely.

Also use the god damn edit button people.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think the top 4 NE vs the top 4 in IA would be a pretty good match, and I have no idea yet if I would be staying or anything like that but I prefer going a day early (friday) and then coming back the day of the tourney unless fun **** is going on as well.

resTy

Smash Champion
I was interested in going to TAS then I saw that Fino is the TO lol. I'll pass.
Not to mention $7 venue fee for a 20 man tournament is bogus at best.
When a real Brawl tournament happens, holler at me though.
I gotta make my Brawl debut one of these days.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I doubt IA will have 6 people that want to do crews. If people really want to do crews you should do draft since any other way will be rigged most likely.

Also use the god damn edit button people.
What do you mean by draft and rigged?

resTy

Smash Champion
What do you mean by draft and rigged?
Draft crews: Two designated captains choose teams. Those teams duke it out.
Rigged: Iowa has Joker, which is way better than anybody Nebraska can dish out.
Once he's out, Nebraska can pull out the win since Razor and JLO won't be around.

resTy

Smash Champion
Uhhh, don't be too surprised if you get your account banned; you might even get IP'd.
I can understand hating a guy and wanting to fight, but that's a crazy person post.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm not actually mad at him, just building hype. 1+llort

Though I don't want to get IP banned over a joke that Fino already knows is a joke

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
JBM I like Melee but I'm turrible at it.

Then again, I'm turrible at Brawl too...

So here's what I'm thinking as a very rough schedule:

3:30-4:00: people start showing up
4:30-5:00: Melee singles OR Doubles (IF there are a decent amount of teams)
After Melee: Brawl singles
During/After Brawl singles: Nebraska/Iowa Crew Battle
MAYBE Brawl- singles somewhere if there's time, though it's doubtful; or Melee if we did doubles before

HATE GO

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Draft crews: Two designated captains choose teams. Those teams duke it out.
Rigged: Iowa has Joker, which is way better than anybody Nebraska can dish out.
Once he's out, Nebraska can pull out the win since Razor and JLO won't be around.
Thats what you think...

Do we still have to be out by a certain time?

I'm wondering if the usuals are coming...like MJG? lol? Probably not but, we might as well just hold Melee and Brawl at the same time.

None of this 4 minute tournament mode bs guys, lookin at you JBM.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Then again, I'm turrible at Brawl too...
No you aren't. Also, if we do wait til 5 to start Brawl singles Lincoln will show. At least Nate and Kirby.

Thats what you think...

Do we still have to be out by a certain time?
So what would it be? Trent/Tyser/Me/Smeesh (????) vs Joker/Blank/Skiz/Greg (????)

Also, I think we have til midnight, right Aura?

Top Bottom