• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

resTy

Smash Champion
Nobody in Nebraska plays Brawl+ because it's bad.
We'll just play Project M instead and watch the Melee guys rage at it.

Deviant

Smash Rookie
Moar like "Smash Brothers Lawl," amirite/?1

Something something something, official first post on Smashboards. After weeks of bullying, witness my droll appearance gracing these humble boards.

I are the greatest smash bros player evar, have never lost a single match in my entire life, and all my unbeatable skill is totally natural and I've never even heard of training mode. This is likely controversial and may or may not cause trolling and ragequits across the boards worldwide.

But srzly - my player tag is 'Devi' for obvious reasons, and I'd like Yoshi to be my main, though this will require much practice and meditation. I look forward to future games and getting smeared across the wall by chaingrabbing ice climbers, etc.

Oh, and Rob is liek, teh best Megamanz player evar, and that's why he gits all tha ladies.

I hope I get banned for this. :D :D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually you might get banned for double posting.

See, there's an edit button. Now I can talk about how right you are about the ladies...it's just, uh...I have no idea where they have been for the last 3 years.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I think all Brawl Mods are horrible to tell you the truth. You're adding more ridiculous physics and mechanics to an already bad game. You might as well play Melee if you wanted epic combos and better mechanics in this type of gaming genre.

Edit: Or play 64 for long string and epic combos. :)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I actually can't make it aura im going to stl this weekend.

I was just mentioning it though having melee would be cool at these.

resTy

Smash Champion
All the Brawl mods suck worse than the original version of Brawl, which says a lot about the game.
I'm assuming Brawl+ is the most played mod because it was a side tourney at Pound/Apex.
It doesn't seem to strike much interest in the Midwest though (assuming since there's no tournies).
Overall, it's a bad version of Brawl. Just stick with the original; it's the only one that matters.

THuGz

Smash Lord
But the physics of B+ are pretty similar, just a few things that change the game like sweetspotting the ledge, no momentum cancel -> DI, more hitstun, and a few characters are balanced. It's not really bad or good it's just a diff style of play but it doesn't really seem to take anything away that it doesn't replace to the game. (just my opinion)

@Tyser PS: B- and B+ were both played at apex

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
well, anyway, no, we won't play B+. But we will and do play B-.

LOL at someones first post trying to call me out as a troll. I wonder if this guy knows about facebook messenger and "ROFL, ROB I just posted" "Hmm, let me see..." "See, I did" "Wow, you shouldn't double post".

Or something that makes sense.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Brawl+ = closest to melee/brawl.

Brawl- = clearly a bad game

Brawl = really bad game altogether timeouts etc.

Melee= press buttons really fast, more offense, but too much depth.

Brawl+ is good idk why you guys don't like it.

My sheik *****.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Brawl+ has degraded and no longer gets much support from its creators. A lot of the influential people just moved on to Project: M.

i used to like it, and was apart of the dev team, but a lot of changes came that were for the worse.

I would pick any Brawl mod over Brawl, but you know I played Brawl enough considering how much time I actually wasted on that game.

Also why is this thread sticky'd?... Actually it seems all tournies for Sept. 25th are sticky'd.

resTy

Smash Champion
Brawl+ - Bad game with gimmick mechanics.

Brawl- - Bad game with ridiculous mechanics.

Balanced Brawl - Terrible game with terrible mechanics.

Brawl - Bad game with gay mechanics.

Melee - Bad game with ******** mechanics.

That's how everything should look, on a real perspective.
Basically, I'm right, you guys are all wrong. Tyser Logic.

Kuares

Pizza
The only game i played this summer was Brawl+. Anyone want to M&M?

I'm pretty sure why most people treat it as a joke though is because developments dead and the Apex tournament had only 25 entries(Brawl- had 40).

resTy

Smash Champion
If you want hitstun, mindgames and a touch of balance (so long as you play high/top tiers), you should play Melee. Oh, and it also has combos and requires too much skill -_-
Bullspitting on the "balance" part rofl.

I'm not gonna post for a week. I've been on the boards too much. *gone for 7 days.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
If you want hitstun, mindgames and a touch of balance (so long as you play high/top tiers), you should play Melee. Oh, and it also has combos and requires too much skill -_-

I'm not gonna post for a week. I've been on the boards too much. *gone for 7 days.
I don't get why people try and talk about balance in any Smash game. If you want something balanced with good mechanics go play a game that isn't a glorified party game. Every smasher I've ever played/talked to agreed that it's a party game. Then immediately tries to defend the validity of it as a competitive game. It's redunk.

Also - See you in 8 minutes Tyser.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
First off, you are wrong, and secondly I know you've never played this game.

I don't get why people try and talk about balance in any competitive game.
I mean, Lions VS Colts, Heat vs Nets, Yankees vs Pirates...yueeesh.

Also, if we wait until about 5:30 to start brawl singles like aura wants more people can show up.

Trent/Silver/Thugz/Lincoln I'm gonna be in Lincoln :Thursday, Maybe Friday: (Awesome band, btw. Played a house show at my old place in Lincoln).

Also, I vote Gamegenie moves up the list, and Thugz might belong at #10 especially if my lincoln friends don't count. However, if we want to wait until this next tournament to have our 3rd official Nebraska PR that sounds good.

Deviant

Smash Rookie
Durt.

No, no. Let them think they're clever. It won't last long, either way, but it's cute to watch the bliss of ignorance give someone warm fuzzies all the same.

Because that's what this SMASH forum is about. Calling people out on their posting habits.

Yeah.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
First off, you are wrong, and secondly I know you've never played this game.

I mean, Lions VS Colts, Heat vs Nets, Yankees vs Pirates...yueeesh.

Also, if we wait until about 5:30 to start brawl singles like aura wants more people can show up.

Trent/Silver/Thugz/Lincoln I'm gonna be in Lincoln :Thursday, Maybe Friday: (Awesome band, btw. Played a house show at my old place in Lincoln).

Also, I vote Gamegenie moves up the list, and Thugz might belong at #10 especially if my lincoln friends don't count. However, if we want to wait until this next tournament to have our 3rd official Nebraska PR that sounds good.
THIS but sorry for not responding to your text last night, I was sound asleep and I had to watch my sister til 11:30 when my mom got back and I forgot about it til today.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

THIS you guys should play melee and play brawl- just to kill time.

ALSO melee Fox ***** meta every day of the week.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Ok, I'm gonna ask nicely. Could you please stop double posting? You can use the Multiquote button on the bottom of posts to quote multiple people. For example with your last posts, click Multiquote on MegaRobMan's post then click Quote on resTy's post as Multiquote queues up other post so you can respond to every post when you click Quote.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
LOL gamegenie. Also, tomorrow is Nate's 21st birthday so no games, but I will be down on friday and could play at some point...unless there's still interest in Lincoln and someone to house, etc...I can't be in lincoln til 7:30 at the earliest but 830 is more like it.

Also apparently it's homecoming so DarkYosh can't make it

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ok, I'm gonna ask nicely. Could you please stop double posting? You can use the Multiquote button on the bottom of posts to quote multiple people. For example with your last posts, click Multiquote on MegaRobMan's post then click Quote on resTy's post as Multiquote queues up other post so you can respond to every post when you click Quote.
I'm using a proxy so I can't unless I go to the library or somewhere else with internet access otherwise I'm uisng it at school right now.

Edit: My bad, I'll try to limit my posting next time.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Jarell's playing their little game, huh. Sad face.

Nah just kidding I'm not that cynical.

As far as time goes, we should have until around 11-11:30.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
Brawl+ - Bad game with gimmick mechanics.

Brawl- - Bad game with ridiculous mechanics.

Brawl - Bad game with gay mechanics.

Melee - Bad game with ******** mechanics.

That's how everything should look, on a real perspective.
Basically, I'm right, you guys are all wrong. Tyser Logic.
****ing brilliant.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Is there anyone in Lincoln with a place to play who wants to play brawl tonight? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Top Bottom