• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If there's not a thread on SRK, the tournament doesn't exist as far as anyone that matters is concerned.
lol

As far as cons are concerned, I went to a contagion meeting tonight and the next contagion is gonna have lots of fighting game tournaments, and I'm gonna be running 4 of them.

MVC3, MK9, SSF2 and UMK3

Dan is doing Brawl saturday and Melee sunday

Someone else is doing BlazBlue, SSF4, COD and Halo.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, you can use your medal for free entrance to the event still.

But this is different, way different. This is an actual Con, not just a brawl/star wars action figure tournament

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
lol

As far as cons are concerned, I went to a contagion meeting tonight and the next contagion is gonna have lots of fighting game tournaments, and I'm gonna be running 4 of them.

MVC3, MK9, SSF2 and UMK3

Dan is doing Brawl saturday and Melee sunday

Someone else is doing BlazBlue, SSF4, COD and Halo.
You still helping with that stuff man I'm surprised?

Edit: We should tell MK Mike that MK9 is going to be at EVO this year.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
For Contagion guys. I wanna say it's the weekend of June 8th. You've got a while to wait lol.

And yes it's actually a con this time. As in Friday-Sunday, you can volunteer and get free entrance + free ****. They're expecting 3,000 people to show, so it's actually gonna be pretty legit.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
lol, wow. I will strongly consider it, yes. Why does Joker's have to be the same day...

I'm leaning towards a trip to Omaha.

EDIT: Ok wait, I gotta pay to get into the con, then there's a tourney fee(what?) plus entry fees. Houston, we have a problem. I mean, it's a steep price for something I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

resTy

Smash Champion
I think the convention itself is free to get into but then the tournaments will have random fees. But if you win the tournament(s), you don't need to worry about money xD

gantrain05

Smash Master
soooo i have a high probability of obtaining another car in the very near future, if i do this means i will be crashin u nebraska peoples tournies pretty frequently.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I think the convention itself is free to get into but then the tournaments will have random fees. But if you win the tournament(s), you don't need to worry about money xD
Yep, you're right. I asked in the thread, I don't need a badge. Sweet. Right now, my plan is to come to this instead of Joker's. If I'm as good as I say I am, I should have a chance to get top 3 at all the games I enter.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
lol, wow. I will strongly consider it, yes. Why does Joker's have to be the same day...

I'm leaning towards a trip to Omaha.
Yeah I'm considering it too main reason cause is MARVEL BABY.

But I think if I can ride with you I may cancel my monthly and go to this if I can just go and enter the tourneys o.0

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah from what I heard from Jcaser in a interview from directional influence seeing as they are directly ripping data from melee into this mod.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well I guess I better start checking this thread to find out what is going on in IOWA :-\. So what is the status of all of this stuff I'm reading? Anyone know what time Brawl will be? Seems like everyone will be staying the whole weekend. Anyway, is there a link or something to this Rave madness? Tyser, if they do Melee doubles at a time I can participate will you team with me? I'll practice either my Fox, Samus or Peach just for you :)

Edit: I found the link, seems like everything is doing down 12 pm - 8pm and it looks like there isn't any Brawl. I didn't even see anything about Melee on Sunday either. So umm, I'm completely lost :) . But I might still go just to get out of the house.

resTy

Smash Champion
Status on this monthly are standard. Joker and them know what's up so they can give you the rundown. Only thing that is changing is that they might come the follow weekend also for the video game convention tournament which is hosting Melee/Blazblue/SSF4/MvC3

Brawl will be whenever you guys arrive to Nebraska. Auras will have Brawl. The convention will not.

I'll team with you if Melee teams is $5 a guy. Sorry, but I'm not a doubles guy as you might already know and I don't feel too confident putting $10 on the line because I'm a poor mofo plus we may not place ;_; Let's just hope that it's cheap :p

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tyser: Oh aight, I was confused as to what was happening. These are 2 completely separate and unrelated events. I thought Aura's got merged into the Rave/Convention stuff. We will see I might still go to both or one or something. MegaRobMan said "Dan is doing Brawl saturday and Melee sunday". I don't know who "Dan" is :( (Something tells me I probably should.) But if they do teams on Sunday, and I go to the convention thingy, AND it is $5 a guy then we can team. Don't worry, if this gets settled in time, I'll practice and we WILL place :-D

resTy

Smash Champion
They might be referring to that random non-anime convention, Contagion, coming later in the year where there will be a Melee and Brawl tournament, plus others. It's the only thing I can think of that would fit the description of Dan running something again. It's not for a while though so you probably don't need to worry about it for now.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Tyser's got it.

And I'm Dan, P-City. I'm a random Pit player that came to Joker's like, a year ago. I know we've met but I don't expect you to remember me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I heard that Dan was doing games and stuff this weekend, confirm?
Bi-weekly at Jokers. So far Tyser/Dan/Thugz can't go. :/

Otherwise, idk, maybe Dans, maybe MK Mikes, maybe Davids.

Project M got in the way of me playing Tyser in brawl and sh*tting all over him with my bad *** Lucario
<3 Thanks for letting me be #1 in the PR U DA MAN HOMIE <3
It's been a while since I've played someone other than Samus or me not playing on random or as Link.

I had fun playing project M, but it kept reminding me that I'm not very good/technical at Melee AND I have a lot of work to do in Brawl, as well. So is it worth learning a billion different versions of smash?

This game is for the people who are bored with Melee and hated Brawl. Marth is fun, Falco is broken.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm thinking about maining Sonic in P:M, at least until more characters are released.
I think he has enormous potential. His recovery sucks ass though -.-
His Dair makes for a sexy cross up since you can Lcancel it. This game might be fun!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm thinking about maining Sonic in P:M, at least until more characters are released.
I think he has enormous potential. His recovery sucks ass though -.-
His Dair makes for a sexy cross up since you can Lcancel it. This game might be fun!
Alright lets do this. Let me show you my real power.

Top Bottom