• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's not necessarily that I don't believe you but more that we can't trust the claims, especially in a situation like that. Which is why I still have EP in mind as a possible scumbag next to you and why I try to consider all options. You could be lying but maybe EP didn't tell us everything about his claim so it's still up in the air.

I'm not saying that you are lying and thus have to be scum. I say that we don't know enough to rely on anything else than "regular" scum hunting. Which is what I wish you would do.

:059:

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
so your accusing EE of lying as well? he says he shot EP, EP claimed she was shot so since he is still alive that does imply he is BP....so again unless there is some BP Mafia that I haven't seen before......there is not much options there

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not accusing EE of lying.

"Bulletproof" doesn't label any specific role - it's simply an attribute that can technically applied to every role. If anything, I'm saying there's a chance that EP didn't tell us everything about his role but that doesn't mean that I question his [former] bulletproof status. I'm simply pointing out that there could be more to it than that. That would be still a lie on EPs part in my book.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
do you think EP is Scum then, yes or no Gheb? because otherwise whether or not he is lying means nothing if he isn't a lying scum and if you DO think he is scum, then how would Tandora have gotten a inno?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I think Gheb's suggesting that EP is a threatening indy.

Nix, why did you say to lynch you at the start of this Day and literally nothing else when it was mylo?

Gheb, do you have an answer to the lack of an OS visit yet? If speculation is all you have I'll settle for that, but you've had quite a while to think on this now, and it's not exactly a negligible fact.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Because that was the plan? SC and Tan died and i thought the agreed plan was to kill one of us if we lived that's why >_>

I would believe he would bus his scum buddies, good players will always bus their scum partners if it helps get townies to believe them to be town and Gheb, is a very good player.

a threatening indy? unless he is someone that can kill who hasnt managed to get a SINGLE kill all game, it doesn't matter to me because he STILL is not scum.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Because that was the plan? SC and Tan died and i thought the agreed plan was to kill one of us if we lived that's why >_>
But it's mylo, and as a townie you'd know that your death would signify a town loss. You later corrected EP, saying that a vig kill should be outprioritized by a mafia kill, so that can't be why.

Yet after people told you how dumb that is you decided "Oh I guess I'll actually try now".

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I was planning on trying anyway -_- i was working back through the posts when people said to try, hence the "hold your horses, Im working on it" post

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You've entirely dodged my point about what you said. "The plan" is not a valid excuse, because from towNix's POV, lynching you = loss.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
do you think EP is Scum then, yes or no Gheb? because otherwise whether or not he is lying means nothing if he isn't a lying scum and if you DO think he is scum, then how would Tandora have gotten a inno?
Independent alignment gives the cop innocent results. That's standard in dGames and EpicMafia. By the game mechanics and the results EP can only be either town or indy. ToDay I got no pro-town vibes from him at all so far so I can't settle for him being town.

Just a reminder, Nix: If you keep your vote on me, only you or me can be lynched toDay. Keep that in mind. EE is clear and EP would have to self-vote for his lynch. That's probably how you want it to be anyway but I don't approve of this course of action. Do you want me to explain to you why I think that EP could scum or do you want to shut down the option of lynching him in the first place by keeping your vote on me? You can't have it both because even if I managed to convince EE that EP is scum [assuming] you would still prevent his lynch.

Gheb, do you have an answer to the lack of an OS visit yet? If speculation is all you have I'll settle for that, but you've had quite a while to think on this now, and it's not exactly a negligible fact.
Unfortunately, I can't give you more than speculation. I thought I mentioned that earlier but either way that's how it is.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Actually yes, explain to me how EP is scum and had a inno result from a cop >_> Im all ears

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Come on, I pointed out my issues with him plenty of times toDay. You're just slowing stuff down - it's not that hard to understand, seriously.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm going to start a complete reread tonight. It'll probably take a few days, but I'm going to use that time to make my decision.

Gheb, I said give me speculation if that's all you have. I need something. We can't handwave this fact.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I already mentioned it before: Nix or EP could easily be lying / not telling us everything about their roles. A vanilla claim is a vanilla claim and bulletproof status rarely comes without anything else - like, when did we ever see a "town bulletproof"? I can't even remember having seen a pro-town BP and I've never seen bulletproof status with no other power. Both claims are iffy, safe and leave more questions open than they answer imo.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
@EE - keep in mind the deadline is on the 28th

@Gheb - if you think someone is scum, make a case, don't just say "they could be lying" it does no good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Don't confuse these two things, Nix. EP could be lying but I would never base a lynch on such paper thin grounds. When I say "EP or Nix could be lying about their roles" I'm responding to EE asking me for my explanation on SCs no visit result.

But it's not what I get scum-vibes from, naturally.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, Nix since you seem to refuse to read stuff I posted just a page ago I will quote what I said about EP when EE asked me:

Regarding EP:

[...]

The problem with him is, that I don't get pro-town vibes from him anymore, especially in his recent posts:

//EPs quote

First of all this post shows that he is clearly skimming - it would be excusable during Day 1 RVS but this is probably mylo and I don't see why you would ask somebody a question he answered just before. Ronike wrote a great post in the original FFVII Mafia on how skimming can be a scumtell later in the game [what he's essentially saying: as mafia you are more likely to skim based on your knowledge advantage] and I feel that this is exactly the kind of skimming that shows lack of care in an important situation.

And his plan is absolutely unacceptable. The "lynch one, vig the other" formula is stuff for Day 1 to get rid of dead weight but such a suggestion in mylo is ridiculous. He doesn't even consider the fact that the mafia kill has most likely priority over the vig kill [otherwise it would be broken in town's favor]. His lack of concern in such a situation doesn't sit right with me. That's definitely not the kind of pro-town play I'm expecting so late in the game - it'S quite the contrary actually. I'd consider him the play ovver Nix if it wasn't for Tandora's innocent on him, which makes him indy at worst [and right now lynching the last mafioso definitely takes top priotity].
I think that's enough substance to question EPs pro-town alignment, regardless of a cop's result. And there's no mention of him possibly lying because that's a different subject.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
questioning his pro-town alignment doesn't mean he is scum and even you said in that quote that you would consider him over me if it wasn't for Tandora's innocent....so are you changing your mind now? Do you believe EP is the play over me?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Or if I simply haven't made up my mind yet. I like to take all options into consideration and weigh them accordingly.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, right now it's completely unimportant for you what I think of EP as lynching him is not possible.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
why not? because I have my vote on you? It's there because I believe you are scum, make a case on EP and change my mind otherwise my vote stays.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
If your quote a couple posts ago is your only case then my vote stays >_> if that isn't what your referring to by me being blind =P Then I guess so!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Independent alignment gives the cop innocent results. That's standard in dGames and EpicMafia. By the game mechanics and the results EP can only be either town or indy. ToDay I got no pro-town vibes from him at all so far so I can't settle for him being town.

Lets go over this accuasation slowly. 3 scum have died so far. Mad Scummy died by lynching last night, but we STILL had TWO nightkills.(One from Vig EE) This means the remaining scum is MAFIA and NOT INDY, unless the indy has the ability to kill. are you saying i"m an indy who can kill and is bulletproof, but has chosen not to use a single kill until Last night? This is what you are accusing me of.

Also I've never heard of the cop scanning someone and having them show up as innocent when they are indie. EE is this really standard in dgames? I've only completed one game in dGames and there were no indies, so I don't know how that works.

I don't see how you think I'm anti town JUST because of my plan. Is that your only case against me? Once again my plan is a plan IF we mis lynch. You didn't address my last post regarding the plan, in that if someone is mis lynched tonight you might as well TRY a vig shot.

I've played games where sk had priority over mafia nk so I don't put it out of the realm of possibility that vig would have that too. And once again I'm not relying on this for the win, this just what we should do if there is a mis lynch. It' s better than doing nothing in that scenario.

Gheb, you yourself have no explanation as to why OS had no night actions night 2 despite having the night action of recruiting you. It puts a major dent in your story and that's why I suggested at least trying to vig you if Nix flips town. If anything I made that suggestion out of TRYING to eb cautious. rather than me having a lack of caution.

Gheb i have a question - if today we have a mis lynch would you rather have vig do NOTHING and just accept the loss? What's wrong with the vig attempt? Is there a single disadvantage to at least trying it in case of mis lynch?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
on most cases, a indy will appear as a inno to a cop because the cop is looking for mafia who appear as a guilty

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So Gheb, you think it's likely that Ed would be an antitown bulletproof indy with a power that screws with investigation/power role results or something? And that he would have somehow struck gold on N2? Even for Nix, who doesn't have a cop clear over his head, that sounds a bit wonky to me. Too similar to a Driver, too bastardy on the part of the mod for me to believe mentos would do that. If that's not what you're positing, feel free to correct me.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I also found this interesting snippet in Overswarm's very first post. I bolded two interesting section in particular. What do you guys thing of this?

OS said:
We've decided to use a sort of voting system. We divide the number of us left by two, and whoever gets voted that amount plus one.... they get killed. They've got deadlines and everything. Barbaric, if you ask me. I'd rather just get to know people, make some friends, be able to figure out who's a good guy rather than just killing who is most unpopular, but that's just me. Come to think of it, the bad guy wouldn't be much of a bad guy if he couldn't pretend to be your friend anyway.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Not sure what to think of it, seems insignificant? While it's always true of mafia games, I don't see how its particularly relevant here..

Deadline is in 2 days, I say nix is still the play. what do you think EE??

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
OS was a mason leader, and "friendship" was the concept he has always used when breadcrumbing about his role.

For example, when he said that he "thought" he and Praxis would be friends on D2 "but scum thought otherwise." Here he is saying a bad guy wouldn't be much of a bad guy if they couldn't pretend to be your friend.

OS said his breadcrumbs have been very deliberate, all the time, every time.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
For reference I'm going to grab excerpts from every post of OS's I find that seems to have a breadcrumb in it, or possibly could. I'm not going to attach an interpretation to any of them, however.

OS said:
That doesn't mean I no longer take notice on GorditoBoy's actions though. He's been going after Mad Scummy too. Wouldn't be surprised if GorditoBoy got too excited and Goomba decided to back him up, thinking he could discredit Mad Scummy's playstyle to legitimize Gordito's play. It doesn't. Gordito's play has been awful and a perfect example of a new scum player getting excited about his role. I don't like it.

I don't know who to trust. Maybe Mad Scummy? It seems the people I distrust distrust him. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. Maybe. I don't know. Everyone else is too quiet. Need to hear more.

OS said:
He's right that I usually pressure inactives though. Emphasis on the plurality of inactives; I never limit myself to just one. Limiting yourself to one inactive promotes a lynch, not activity. I only push for activity on a single person when they're the only inactive... or I'm scum.

I found it amusing that he said it wasn't like me town or scum. Sounds like he takes forever to say nothing. Safe play, Coffee.

Inactives. This time I'm ignoring them. I'm more concerned with finding someone I can be hold hands with until the end. Just need to find someone that's guaranteed town, but everyone is looking just as trashy at the moment.
^This one actually vaguely implies that his ability is oneshot, which I believe he also inferred on D3. Speculative, but sure as hell interesting.

OS said:
If he's been scum in every game and only acted one way, it is inherent in this situation that you have no frame of reference of his town play. As such, Goomba is making an incredibly drastic assumption that is anti-town by its very nature. I do not like Gheb taking the wheel in this fashion. I can only hope he'll step his game up. We could be friends if we weren't enemies... but enemies we will be until he manages to separate himself from the crowd in a positive light. Throwing punches at easy targets and acting like a tough guy with flawed arguments doesn't do that.

OS said:
Goomba still gives me a bad feeling. Call it a gut feeling. He's either going to be a strong town or a dangerous scum. Hope a cop figures out what he is ASAP. I'd like to be Goomba's friend, but can't trust him just yet.

Would like to see some of that intense pressure he talks about.

Think Swords is going to get lynched by D3 for not reading carefully.

More as I find it.

Top Bottom