• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Not a huge problem, but they should really fix the Lodestar sound bugs while in theater. Once you view someone using a Lodestar, the sound effects while using it stay in effect regardless of who you switch to, etc.

Fletch

Smash Master

This is a more accurate representation. Too bad 4chan is filled with so much **** that you have to shift to in order to get decent content, hence why I use Reddit.

As a sidenote, SWF still links to Digg, someone really needs to update that.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
There are 2 other gameplays with the peacekeeper on that channel and it seems to be different in every video. Like, in one other video (grind I think) the fire rate seems waaaay faster. We'll have to wait and see, but it looks like a good gun.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
There are 2 other gameplays with the peacekeeper on that channel and it seems to be different in every video. Like, in one other video (grind I think) the fire rate seems waaaay faster. We'll have to wait and see, but it looks like a good gun.
Were they all "customized"?

Aka I was wondering the actual clip size for it in that video but because it was customized you couldn't say for sure.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
im planning on getting the dlc. So when I play with you guys I won't have the peacekeeper? Or just the maps
I'm gonna get the DLC just for the gun because I'm interested, but I have absolutely no idea how all of this is gonna work.

I'd assume if you turned off DLC you could still use the gun in normal maps and such. It would be stupid if you could only use the DLC gun on DLC maps.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Not to mention theyd lose marketing/promotion of the peacekeeper if they only kept it to the people that already have the dlc.

I have like a bajillion ms points right now, 1600s were only $10 during black friday and I stocked up on them haha

stefon you should let me use your scufs while your hand heals

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The gun will be usable outside of DLC maps. People without the DLC will also be able to pick it up and use it.

If you have Diamond Camo on your SMGs, you won't lose the Diamond on your other guns, but you need to level the new gun up to Gold to get Diamond on it.

I'll find Vons tweets later, but you guys have nothing to worry about.

Fletch

Smash Master
Odin is correct, confirmed by Van via Twitter. I just hope the gun isn't good, I refuse to put money into this game until they update the net code.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I still don't understand why Treyarch won't fix the netcode/connections/whatever they are with this game. It's probably the most prominent problem with the game atm yet they haven't done a thing about it. Makes no ******* sense...........................

Fletch

Smash Master
I still don't understand why Treyarch won't fix the netcode/connections/whatever they are with this game. It's probably the most prominent problem with the game atm yet they haven't done a thing about it. Makes no ******* sense...........................
Because that requires a ton more work and money, and they won't see near the return they can by ****ting out map packs at $15 a pop. If they admitted the net code was horrid and tried to sell the fix, can you imagine the backlash? It's easier and makes more business-sense for them to continue to perpetuate that the problem doesn't exist.

I wish the rest of the game wasn't so damn awesome. CoD games always have one HUGE game-breaking error.

Fletch

Smash Master
Patch notes:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598236

Only nerf to SMGs was silencer range.

Good thing I never use silencers.

I actually like that they decided to buff ARs/LMGs rather than nerf SMGs heavily. That said, why the hell don't you use silencers? They're so good, found myself playing much better with them.

Don't care about the FAL Select Fire recoil increase, but why the hell increase hip fire? Lame.

:phone:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I actually like that they decided to buff ARs/LMGs rather than nerf SMGs heavily. That said, why the hell don't you use silencers? They're so good, found myself playing much better with them.

Don't care about the FAL Select Fire recoil increase, but why the hell increase hip fire? Lame.

Yeah ARs and LMGs needed a lot of work. The LMGs almost didn't benefit whatsoever from having quickdraw, so I'm glad they increased the speed.

I don't use silencers a lot because I hate the damage drop off and I hate how they sound. :awesome:

I only use silencers on the mp7 and vector

yo stefan they buffed the dragonfire :awesome:
I saw that lmaooo. Still no reason to use it but hey, why not.

Fletch

Smash Master
I got 7 kills with unbuffed Dragonfire yesterday. It's really, really bad, but the trick is to fly it as high as the level allows and always keep moving. When they were looking up trying to find me, my teammates helped by murdering some. We spawn trapped them hard on Nuketown. That said, most of the time I barely get it off the ground, you have to take it straight vertical right away.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Finally got this game after what feels like years.:applejack:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
They... They did it...

They buffed the Executioner...

Hoe. Lee. ****.

COWBOY SHIELD BOP IS BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

EDIT: So I played some last night with The Judge. It's damage is A LOT better. I can actually get kills, and I don't feel like I'm shooting confetti. Even without the Long Barrel I got kills. My problem still relies on the Lag getting better, as people keep Gumby sliding out of my shot. :glare:

Fletch

Smash Master
New patch hit PS3 today. Not sure why I'm posting this as it seems it's only relevant to me on this forum.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Patch hit Xbox for me last night following a match. Second update since I got the game on Saturday, I thought the patch update I got on Saturday included the one you guys were discussing earlier. Was that patch just released?:applejack:

Fletch

Smash Master
Patch hit Xbox for me last night following a match. Second update since I got the game on Saturday, I thought the patch update I got on Saturday included the one you guys were discussing earlier. Was that patch just released?:applejack:
If you were playing this weekend, it would have been on the patch released earlier. If you received another patch last night, I'd guess it was a hot fix (one that changes the version number in the upper right, but probably only fixed minor bugs/issues with the big patch).

Thino

Smash Master
I have no way to know if the patch hit PC because it downloads automatically :(

and I haven't played PS3 BO2 in aaaages, whats goood there

Fletch

Smash Master
I like it a lot more on PS3, just sucks that most SWFers are on Xbox. The general talent is higher in my opinion (although more 'top' players are on Xbox) so getting good games in pubs isn't tough, and the average age is so much higher so the immaturity isn't quite as bad. Now if only stupid Microsoft didn't pay for Xbox to have a month exclusivity for each DLC, it would be perfect.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
started playing this game again in the past week... Finally got the hang of it and am starting to **** faces.

Kdr on the rise...

Fletch

Smash Master
Is the Lodestar not good, or do I just suck with it? Every time I call it in, I get 3 kills tops. Called one in on Drone tonight and got zero kills.

Going for my nuked out medal tonight, and killed myself on kill 17 with my own hellfire (I was inside the garage on raid, but still died). That ended up being my only death of the match... so much rage, never going to get that challenge.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Was thinking of trying to get that challenge when I get back to playing, but I hate FFA so much in this game that I don't think I can take it. I'll stick to getting ultra/chain killer.

Top Bottom