• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
How the hell is blazikens fighting style the same as CF's?? honestly... some people look waaay too deeply into things like this...

(btw shade, i hate it because it is ugly and way overpowered... plus it ruined my liking of fire starters...and was the beginning ofthe double-typed starters... it pretty much embodies everything that i hate about pokemon...) It has bell-bottoms for goodness sake! You must admit... they could have made a MUCH cooler fire starter... (the new monkey thing is awful too)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
How the hell is blazikens fighting style the same as CF's?? honestly... some people look waaay too deeply into things like this...

(btw shade, i hate it because it is ugly and way overpowered... plus it ruined my liking of fire starters...and was the beginning ofthe double-typed starters... it pretty much embodies everything that i hate about pokemon...) It has bell-bottoms for goodness sake! You must admit... they could have made a MUCH cooler fire starter... (the new monkey thing is awful too)
I'll agree with you that the starter monkey for the new 4th generation looks quite pathetic; however, Blaziken is totally the opposite. He has tight signature moves like Sky Uppercut & Blaze Kick. Furthermore, his appearance isn't that bad aside from being "poultry." Also, he has a strong fan base behind him just like Charizard & Typhlosion, but I gotta agree....... Charizard > Blaziken & Typhlosion > Blaziken.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
no i meant the other "mean"

Like "Did you mean the monkey" since your post said "charizard >blaziken and typhlosion > blaziken"

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Charizard shouldn't be in it (They already have 3 1st Generations, I understand that those are the best ones, but still) Blaziken is very popular among the kiddies. I'm not saying he should be in it. He will be in it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I still say blaziken has little chance, hes not as popular in japan as he is here, not to mention being a starter, which would be unfair to the other starters, namely the fire ones, I believe the ones to enter brawl will be:

Deoxys: The mewtwo-like pkmn of the 3rd generation, he is very unique having multiple forms, thus is hes running/flotting= speed form attacking=attack form defending=defense mode not doing anything=normal mode...

Lucario: Im not sure if hes from the 3rd or 4th generation, but I believe hes 4th, so if its true, he can represent the 4th gen, he popular both here and in japan, having a movie, and being a unique psyhich/steel type pokemon, that has a fighter look that would fit brawl...

Munchlax: I dont want him in, dont get me wrong, I believe he'll be in brawl cause of his huge fanbase in japan, dont know why, but either way, knowing at least one cute pkmn will be in brawl, I prefer to be this guy than the plusle/minum crap XD...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i think lucario is fighting and steel... but i could be wrong...

i highly doubt blaziken will be in... as a pokeball definitely (or torchic)... blaziken has nothing that sets it apart from the other pokemon (TV or movies)...

Black/Light

Smash Master
*sigh* I would actually say something about those 2 people's post but I already know it's a useless fight.

Blaze hater = wont lesson to s***. . . .

Wrath`

Smash Master
*sigh* I would actually say something about those 2 people's post but I already know it's a useless fight.

Blaze hater = wont lesson to s***. . . .

agreed

If you hate blziken then you are entitled to your opinoin.But stop postin shizzle about him and stop posting repeat shizzle.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
I think he means stop posting the same hate over and over. Say more about why he shouldn't be in Brawl. And start posting more ideas on who would be better from the 3rd generation. (Because you know they'll have one of them)

My personal thoughts:

Deoxys
Plusle & Minun(don't want them but better than pichu)
grrr... Who else is popular in Japan?

Black/Light

Smash Master
people shouldnt be allowed to express their opinion?
The thing is that people use such BS reasons as to WHY Blaze shouldn't be in that it just becomes repetative and redundant and only adds up to "I don't like Blaziken"
*points used by most every Blaze hater*
We don't need anymore Fire/Fighting characters- Much as we don't need anymore swordsmen/ Bomb users/ hand-to-hand players/ Magic users/ Pys or w/e else could be in. Sure, lets all assume that the great minds behind this game arnt smart enuff to make to completely different characters that use fire. . . what do they know about being creative and unique. . .

Not anime important- *Looks at Japan* Japan's most wanted pokey only had ONE epis. Sure, lets look pass Meowth being more "anime important" than Jpuff and say everyone has to be anime important :dizzy: .

Not fair to the other starters- "Nooo! He shouldn't win the race even if he fairly beat the crap out of the rest of the racers because it's not fair!!! They are all racing!". Blaze got her fan-base fair as hell and Blaze=/= ALL starters.

Starters = Pokeyball- The 2nd gen water starter feels left out. . . "aint I a starter? (says the lil blue croc)"

It's generic- *Point's at ever pokey in melee being "generic" out-side of M2 who is the only one-of-a-kind there*

Really, thats what it all adds up to. Anyone that knows anything about Pokey picks should know that fan-base is what gets them in because out of 400+ pokemon they have to atleast try to find the ones with actual fans to decide on.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Okay, I will argue.

Stubborn/Annoying said:
Zook is it. . .?
Yeah zook, when you say "CF can do everything Blaze can" than I assume that you don't know that Blaze has way more actual atacks than he that don't include "add fire to hand/ feet and attack".
If you knew your Blaze history than you would know that there actually isn't a on going fighting technique in the Blaze. Based soly on her pokey info Tae Kwon Do would probly be the closest thing to a Blaze "style" of fighting.
*Sigh*

1. If Blaziken is a character, would it make more sense for him/her/whatever to be a clone and use his fighting attacks or special attacks? If you were to ask anyone how a Blaziken would prefer to fight hand-to-hand or with projectiles, they would say the first.

2. Blaziken has no history other than fan-made. The game has showed us that if he did have a fighting style, it would include alot of fiery punches and kicks. Kinda like that SSB char... Capton whatshisname...

3. When I say "CF can do everything Blaziken can do," I mean what I can see his moveset like.

4. 87.5% of Blazikens are male, and his voice is made to sound like a male, unlike Bart's.

Of course I agree that Blaziken can do more than a CF clone. I say that if Blaziken did make it, he might be a clone. But does that mean I would like to see him or her as a clone...? No. It jus seems logical. I see that you strongly believe that Blaziken has alot of pontential, and, when it comes right down to it, she does.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Okay, I will argue.
Theres really nothing to argue. . .(Notice that I used your user name and nothing else to address you. . .)

*Sigh*

1. If Blaziken is a character, would it make more sense for him/her/whatever to be a clone and use his fighting attacks or special attacks? If you were to ask anyone how a Blaziken would prefer to fight hand-to-hand or with projectiles, they would say the first.
It would actually make more sense to make said character a non-cloned character that has a projectile B but has a unique hand-to-hand fighting style when you. . . Ya know, want to add unique characters (as stated by the div). Hand-to-hand =/= Falcon clone. Just look at my move-set. . . ALOT of phys, not that much fire but still plays on the thing Blaze is known for, lots of kicks and fire attacks.

2. Blaziken has no history other than fan-made. The game has showed us that if he did have a fighting style, it would include alot of fiery punches and kicks. Kinda like that SSB char... Capton whatshisname...
1. Theres only like 5 actual attacks she learns that directly say "Kick/ punch". Like her type says, fire than fighting.
2. Blaze actually has a lil anime history. First Blaze: Johto Photo Finish- Blaze does Fire Kick/ Blaze kick/ Flamethrower. Second Blaze: Deoxy movie- Blaze does Blaze kick/ Flamethrower/ OverHeat. 3rd Blaze: May VS Ash- Blaze does Blaze kick/ Sky Upper/ Overheat/ Flamethrower (could be Fire spin).
3. I and many others on a forum some years ago would have thought Wario would fight like Mario. See how things don't always turn out how they "seem" at first glance?

3. When I say "CF can do everything Blaziken can do," I mean what I can see his moveset like.
Than you should really use this thing. . . it's called putting "IMO" after your opinion.

4. 87.5% of Blazikens are male, and his voice is made to sound like a male, unlike Bart's.
. . .And what? 12.5 are female. . . And I guess M2 has a sex now seeing as the movie made it sound male.

Of course I agree that Blaziken can do more than a CF clone. I say that if Blaziken did make it, he might be a clone. But does that mean I would like to see him or her as a clone...? No. It jus seems logical IMO. I see that you strongly believe that Blaziken has alot of pontential, and, when it comes right down to it, she does.
*I fixed it by adding IMO*
The bolded just about ends anything else there is to say about this. Blaze does have alot of protential so I couldn't see why Sakurai would make her a clone because she has some fire and fighting moves when he clearly wants to make characters unique. Clones where made because of the limated time they had to make SSBM. . . NOT because it's "logical" for them to be clones. If they had more time to make melee we wouldn't even be talking about this. . .

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
no i meant the other "mean"

Like "Did you mean the monkey" since your post said "charizard >blaziken and typhlosion > blaziken"
Well yeah, you were making a comparison between Blaziken & the monkey starter & how they both ruined the starters for fire pokemon. I said that Blaziken did not ruin starters for fire pokemon & the monkey did.

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
4. 87.5% of Blazikens are male,
All starters have that statistic.

Blaziken should have the fiery punches/kicks as well as attacks like Overheat(he uses it in that one movie, after all).

Here's an example:

B: Flamethrower or Fire Blast
Bleft/right: Blaze Kick (Like a leaping jump kick)
Bup: Sky Uppercut (much like dolphin slash)
Bdown: maybe Overheat, Blast Burn, or ... Reversal.

Can Blaziken use Reversal? Who cares?
Can Pikachu even use Skull Bash?

Stryks

Smash Hero
We don't need anymore Fire/Fighting characters- Much as we don't need anymore swordsmen/ Bomb users/ hand-to-hand players/ Magic users/ Pys or w/e else could be in. Sure, lets all assume that the great minds behind this game arnt smart enuff to make to completely different characters that use fire. . . what do they know about being creative and unique. . .
Its not that dont need fire using characters, its that we need more unique characters that deserve the shot, what makes blaziken so unique?, the fire monkey in D/P can probably do the same attacks...

Not anime important- *Looks at Japan* Japan's most wanted pokey only had ONE epis. Sure, lets look pass Meowth being more "anime important" than Jpuff and say everyone has to be anime important :dizzy: .
The anime has little influence in the game, 'nough said...

Not fair to the other starters- "Nooo! He shouldn't win the race even if he fairly beat the crap out of the rest of the racers because it's not fair!!! They are all racing!". Blaze got her fan-base fair as hell and Blaze=/= ALL starters.
At what point did blaziken "beat the crap" out of the rest starters?

Starters = Pokeyball- The 2nd gen water starter feels left out. . . "aint I a starter? (says the lil blue croc)"
I agree in blaziken being a pokeball pkmn...

It's generic- *Point's at ever pokey in melee being "generic" out-side of M2 who is the only one-of-a-kind there*
Pikachu is the mascot of pkmn, u can deny that, thats why hes in, jigly was in cause of popularity, pichu is a clone put in melee due to lack of time to develop the game more, and mewtwo is the only unique pkmn in smahs, but didnt lived up to players expectations...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Its not that dont need fire using characters, its that we need more unique characters that deserve the shot, what makes blaziken so unique?, the fire monkey in D/P can probably do the same attacks...
That could be said about many characters. Please, I have shown how unique Blaziken can be many times (points to move-set on pg 9) and IF she is in she will be made unique because the divs want unique characters. . .
9I also wish people wouldn't use the word "deserve", the ones that "deserve" to be in are the ones the divs actually put in. . . )

Like I said, True:p

At what point did blaziken "beat the crap" out of the rest starters?
When it comes to fan-base she beates the sh** out of the others. She is the 2nd most wanted pokemon in the US/ UK out of the 400+ pokemon out there with only one other starter in the top 20 most wanted in fan-base. I would say she is winning in "starter fan-base" at the moment.

I agree in blaziken being a pokeball pkmn...
And I personally think Tom Nook should just sell you items and stages well Diddy should stay w/e he is. . . Many don't agree thou ;)

Pikachu is the mascot of pkmn, u can deny that, thats why hes in, jigly was in cause of popularity, pichu is a clone put in melee due to lack of time to develop the game more, and mewtwo is the only unique pkmn in smahs, but didnt lived up to players expectations...
*sigh* I mean't "generic" as in " random Pika/ Jpuff/ Pichu that is not any perticalure character", not their breed/ race/ image as a whole. In other words, Pika in SSB=/= Ash's Pika. . . its just a Pika and not anime Pika. BUT, in the games theres only ONE M2 so that one SSB M2 isn't just some random M2 in it's breed.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Utter nonsense. Why do you think they put Pikachu in, why do the Pokemon speak their names instead of making odd growls, etc...?

Pichu once had a large fanbase. That's why he's in.

Black/Light has convinced me Blaziken could have alot of potential.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I dunno..it seems like he'd just be getting in because of popularity..:ohwell:
popularity outside japan... characters only have an increase of chance based on popularity if the characters popularity is in japan... unless sakurai is feeling extremely generous... besides, the polls state that the most wanted pokemon ehre is lucario XD

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
No more Pkmn characters, they must remain in pkballs as items, except for Pikachu, because he is the Pokemon representative :)

Black/Light

Smash Master
@ F-O
But was he this wanted when Sakurai was taking suggustions for characters? At that time (the only known time that he openly stated he is looking for sugguestions) is was Blaze/ Deoxy well people where still going "Lucayrios whAts?". Plus, we all know how fickle people are on forums (remember the last poll thread?).

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
@ F-O
But was he this wanted when Sakurai was taking suggustions for characters? At that time (the only known time that he openly stated he is looking for sugguestions) is was Blaze/ Deoxy well people where still going "Lucayrios whAts?".
do you think that the people at the time were going to the japanese website and submitting blaziken with their ability to write japanese? i doubt it... and i bet that was the only place where ideas were really taken.
Plus, we all know how fickle people are on forums (remember the last poll thread?).
a mod should take lucario and blaze off the other poll and make them their own poll... thats the only way to get a truly accurate result.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sakurai has shown that at that time he actually looked at and got info about our likes and disslikes about the first trailer's new-comers by asking for the percentage of people who liked w/e characters in said trailer (on the Nsider). If theres a time where he would want to know who we wanted I would say that he would have done so at that time (which is my point behind the last post).

And I think that the last poll was MUCH better than this one. People could choose ever single one if they wanted so many people chose both Blaze and Lucario untell less people chose Lucario. That seems accurate to me.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
And I think that the last poll was MUCH better than this one. People could choose ever single one if they wanted so many people chose both Blaze and Lucario untell less people chose Lucario. That seems accurate to me.
this would eb the best way for the best results... a single choice poll with these choices:
Lucario
Blaziken
Both
None

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
There is already to many pokemon in smash. the only way i'd be ok with it is if they replaced mewtwo and pichu for blaziken. that way there would only be 3 pokemon in the game

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
aaa pooy! its the attack of the pokemon hating nOObs...
pokemon is the 2nd best selling franchise ever. it deserves representation. add onto the fact that it has the potential to add sooo many unique characters and the end result is that it should have one of the biggest amount of characters of any franchise.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I realy dont care if blaze gets in it. I just want him because of the fire element.Thats my favorite element.And even if he is in there my stratagy revolcs mostly around arial moves.So if he dosnt have good arial moves i'd never use him.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
aaa pooy! its the attack of the pokemon hating nOObs...
pokemon is the 2nd best selling franchise ever. it deserves representation. add onto the fact that it has the potential to add sooo many unique characters and the end result is that it should have one of the biggest amount of characters of any franchise.
It's only famouse because kids used to love the cards and now buy anything with the name POKEMON on it. I love the GBA RPG's but what the heck was pokemon ranger and pokemon mystery dungeon. Dungeon got like a 3/10 but still sold lots of copies just because its pokemon. There are lots more characters that deserve to be in brawl than yet another"pocket monster". and 4 characters and its own item is enough "representation" for the franchise.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
It's only famouse because kids used to love the cards and now buy anything with the name POKEMON on it.
its "only" famous because of the trading cards that kids "used" to love? what?
I love the GBA RPG's but what the heck was pokemon ranger and pokemon mystery dungeon. Dungeon got like a 3/10 but still sold lots of copies just because its pokemon.
and your point is... pokemon is a popular franchise that sells well? nice argument.
There are lots more characters that deserve to be in brawl than yet another"pocket monster".
and there are lots of "pocket monster's" that deserve to be in brawl over other characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
It's soon going to be pass the tissuses for surup over here.:laugh:

There will be 4 pokemon: pika,the bunny,The kick azz looking one jpn will give to us/europe and mewtwo/jpuff(one of them will get droped)

Black/Light

Smash Master
this would eb the best way for the best results... a single choice poll with these choices:
Lucario
Blaziken
Both
None
Actually, that gives off the feeling that they both have the same reason they should be added when a beter one would be. .
Char vs Blaze (starters)
or
Deoxy vs Lucario (movie pokemon)

But thats beside the point, the fact that if given the choice most people would take Blaze and w/e pokey over Lucario and w/e pokey shows that that poll was better than this "there can only be one" BS poll.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
its "only" famous because of the trading cards that kids "used" to love? what?
and your point is... pokemon is a popular franchise that sells well? nice argument.
and there are lots of "pocket monster's" that deserve to be in brawl over other characters.
This isn't getting anywhere fast so lets just agree to disagree.

Top Bottom