• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well this **** figures. I'm without a SD reader and suddenly it gets released. I hate my bad luck. -.o'

Oh well. One more thing to look forward to when I get another one. Great job guys. :3

Finally. ¦D *SMACKED*

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Uh... something with Falco is freezing my Wii. The stage loads up fine, but as soon as I do an attack it freezes. I haven't run into any other problems.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
... o.o?

Lemme check it out. Hold on.

EDIT: Xyless is doing it on stream and it works... I recommend redownloading and reinstalling.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Still can't load it.Now i get a "too many codes" message before it loads up.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
For some reason Falco freezes on any attack if I use a custom texture, but not w/ a regular one. Odd. I'm using the Captain Falco and Blood Falco textures btw.

Edit: Even more weird, another Falco tecture (cool Falco of the 80s) worked just fine. The Captain/Blood Falco textures worked fine on B+ but not on B-...

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
If anyone has any good minus matches, pm me and i can record them for ya.
gotta get dis knowledge out.

Also, anyone up for broken brawl?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
My god, am i the only one who thinks the computers adapted to this a little TOO quickly?

I aerial wizard footed a cpu ness, he footstools me and catches me in his upb.

Did you guys do anything to the computers, or am i just a hopeless n00b?

NNID
Budget_Player
My god, am i the only one who thinks the computers adapted to this a little TOO quickly?

I aerial wizard footed a cpu ness, he footstools me and catches me in his upb.

Did you guys do anything to the computers, or am i just a hopeless n00b?
The AI is just way too good in B-. We didn't change it. I mean, Xyless (who has been playing this for a while) had to pack out his best main to beat an AI after a bunch of tries. And it was close!

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The AI is just way too good in B-. We didn't change it. I mean, Xyless (who has been playing this for a while) had to pack out his best main to beat an AI after a bunch of tries. And it was close!
Wow, I'll be honest i expected the cpus to be suiciding all over the place.

They even know when they have two upbs.

Though some still do dumb stuff when they could of recovered.... but they really know how to abuse the new hitstun.

I think cpus are actually going to be useful for brawl-

Captain falcon and ganondorf are a little too broken, also.
...I love you guys <3

Anyway, now that it's out i'll ask so i'll look less like a scrubby whiner hoping to get his hands on the alpha, but I'd liek to be included in future testing. I'm not that well known here, but on wiipals.net I'm a brawl sage, and rather well known on brawl domain. My skill is pretty good, but I'm mainly 4fun and very combo-loving.

Also able to record videos, edit videos(sony vegas 9) and know many others with the same qualities.

I'm not gonna be adamant about it if you don't want me though, this seems like a pretty social circle type of thing.

Examples of my skill can be found here, nothing lolwow but my noob little heart hope it might be enough : http://www.youtube.com/user/isaac52

(ignore the contest, or ftlulz ones)

Xyless

Smash Master
Just wait for me to upload a video I've had for a while of a CPU MK comboing my Wario from 0-120, with me SDI'ing and DI'ing as hard as I could.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or can you not turn off players/CPUs with controllers/Wiimotes plugged in for those slots?

Also, for some reason your text codeset isn't working with Code Manager. I was trying to add a stage freezer code.

Xyless

Smash Master
No, you cannot turn off player slots with a controller plugged in. It's one of the downsides of having the CSS fix, which lets you have player slots on the side, and character icons down there the player slots were.

Not sure about the code manager. Will mention it to the team.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. 1.9.3 is known to work.

@Daakun: block/avoid it? How arg are we talking?
If you get hit, you get hit over and over and over.
If you sidestep/roll it, you get hit.
If you block it, you get spammed until you get shield stabbed or jump away.
If you jump away, you get spammed until you run out of room or find a floating platform.

Adapt

Smash Lord
The textures and texture codes are supposed to be with this right?

I'm not seeing any character textures...

Zander6669

Smash Rookie
I'm not really seeing the CPUs as all that hard so far I've beaten everyone of them with kirby quite easily. Speaking of kirby I think you should change some of the hats to balance him out a lttle considering how good some moves are compared to others like having Robs laser vs Fox's robs is hella useful where as fox is like meh.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I'm not really seeing the CPUs as all that hard so far I've beaten everyone of them with kirby quite easily. Speaking of kirby I think you should change some of the hats to balance him out a lttle considering how good some moves are compared to others like having Robs laser vs Fox's robs is hella useful where as fox is like meh.
I agree, I don't find the CPUs too hard as long as I understand how to use the character. I got destroyed when I tried fox, but I win easily as any of the characters in my sig and a number of others

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
wow, it's not ****ing working at all

I copied the whole file from my downloads file to the root of my SD card, and put the gct and txt file into my codes folder on the root of my SD card and it's not working, I don't see the different character selection screen, and it freezes once I pick a character

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
wow, it's not ****ing working at all

I copied the whole file from my downloads file to the root of my SD card, and put the gct and txt file into my codes folder on the root of my SD card and it's not working, I don't see the different character selection screen, and it freezes once I pick a character
When you say "the whole file", do you mean you put the Private and Codes folders into the root of the SD card?

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
When you say "the whole file", do you mean you put the Private and Codes folders into the root of the SD card?
I mean the whole extracted BrawlMinus file, how it was from when I downloaded it, I put the codes file onto the root, but not the private one.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Thoughts:

Rob is too fun! That down air just makes the whole character. I mean, the lasers help too.

Fox can wavedash! Awesome! But... he does a spot dodge at the end of the wavedash every time I did it, is this intentional or am I buffering spot dodges?

Toon Link's arrows have this glitch where they stay in place, but not necessarily on a platform. Like Smashville's moving one. Stick an arrow on it, and the platform slides away from the arrow.

(that arrow isn't moving in air; it's stuck there)

That said, fun stuff. I'll take it to the dorm lounges and have "playtesting" sessions this week.

Revven

FrankerZ
The arrow thing is intentional, it's kind of like an "arrow mine", they stay there until someone gets hit by it while it's on the ground.

MrKrayz

Smash Rookie
The Lvl 7 Pikachu used vB Thunder, then grabbed me before I could shield or dodge away :D

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The floating glitch is a glitch, but alas one that isn't disrupting enough to fix :p

Kirby's hats reflect how good the opposing character's neutral special is, we didn't want to make Kirby too overkill on some matchups so we didn't make them better than the original character's

Gardevior

Smash Lord
The floating glitch is a glitch, but alas one that isn't disrupting enough to fix :p

Kirby's hats reflect how good the opposing character's neutral special is, we didn't want to make Kirby too overkill on some matchups so we didn't make them better than the original character's
Nice. Do the arrows not disappear, ever? Because I might have to play Toon Link on Rainbow Cruise for extra fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom