• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Raven

Smash Rookie
Very nicely done guys!!

One thing though, the whip for ZSS doesn't work all of the time.... like for her smashes and B abilities that use the whip. They just don't have any hitboxes.

Zander6669

Smash Rookie
The floating glitch is a glitch, but alas one that isn't disrupting enough to fix :p

Kirby's hats reflect how good the opposing character's neutral special is, we didn't want to make Kirby too overkill on some matchups so we didn't make them better than the original character's
Why not make it whatever the stongest special attack is? It would be funny.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Very nicely done guys!!

One thing though, the whip for ZSS doesn't work all of the time.... like for her smashes and B abilities that use the whip. They just don't have any hitboxes.
they work for me...

Anyone else not showing any custom textures for the characters?

Kirk

Smash Champion
If you have CSPs showing on your character select screen after downloading, then re-download the pack in the OP. There are NOT any stage or character textures included with the release.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I haven't seen that glitch happen yet, Raven.

Gardevior, no, they last forever until someone hits them or they get powershielded.

Lastly, here is a Common5 with the amazing CSS in it for those of you planning on using Riivolution:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iynnzm4yzym

And here is an XML that will work with Brawl-... Codes and file replacement. :]

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmind4lmzgn goes in /riivolution/
http://www.mediafire.com/?gntdqmzmlym goes in the root of the SD.

YOU NEED BOTH.

And this might not work/not work will all files. If you want something added, just ask.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a .txt file of the GCT?

I want to put my own codes in.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I cried tears of happiness when I found out the file size of Brawl Minus. It was 24.8 MB.

I HAD 25MB LEFT ON MY SD CARD.

THE UNIVERSE IS IN SYNCH WITH THE CREATION KNOWN AS BRAWL MINUS.

TL?

Smash Ace
Brawl- is awesome so far. One thing I would suggest to tweak for later build is to power up the weaker smash attacks. There are still plenty of smashes that can be survived at 130%+.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
My opponents keep suciding on my side and i keep suiciding on theirs.

This happened a while ago with some textures and etc. What am i doing wrong?

I use the double gct method and usb loader.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
My opponents keep suciding on my side and i keep suiciding on theirs.

This happened a while ago with some textures and etc. What am i doing wrong?

I use the double gct method and usb loader.
Which USB Loader are you using? There are some that can load the GCT directly.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Lastly, here is a Common5 with the amazing CSS in it for those of you planning on using Riivolution:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iynnzm4yzym

And here is an XML that will work with Brawl-... Codes and file replacement. :]

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmind4lmzgn goes in /riivolution/
http://www.mediafire.com/?gntdqmzmlym goes in the root of the SD.

YOU NEED BOTH.

And this might not work/not work will all files. If you want something added, just ask.
Hey I loaded all this up and got the problem where all the buttons aren't detected. I can't remember how to fix this, think I could get some help?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I can't get the codes to work on Riivolution... I grabbed both files, and put them where you said but the codes still don't work...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Make sure the name of the gct is rsbe01.gct and not RSBE01.gct, an error on my part D:

If it STILL doesn't work, let me know

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
For the custom CSS, shouldn't there be another line in the XML for the file references?

Code:
- <patch id="filecode">
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2" disc="/menu2" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/info.pac" disc="/info2/info_en.pac" /> 
  <folder external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" disc="/" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac" /> 
  <file external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac" />
  </patch>
The line above </patch>

Edit: Renamed RSBE01.gct to rsbe01.gct, still no go. But adding that line to the XML file made it try to load the CSS at least... (it froze obviously XD). I didn't grab that common5 file btw, just adding that line in the XML made it not needed.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Um... Riivolution does load it if you put it in the right spot/add the line from my previous post in the XML... Before, it would load up the default CSS but now it freezes when I go to a CSS because of the extra icons added that require codes to prevent the freezing.

Basically, if the codes would be loaded, it wouldn't freeze and everything would be fixed (for me at least). Where is RSBE01 being loaded from anyways? /codes ?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
what i just said is true, ask dantarion.

also you MUST take file patch code out of the GCT if you're gonna use riivolution

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I took the File Replacement Code out... Eh.. I'll figure this out tomorrow, getting late.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
Ok, so me and my buddies played it the last couple hours or so.

And its great.

But in particular, Bowser's super armor status is crippling to many characters, especially those that rely on many little hits to rack up damage, or those that just plain don't do much damage with most attacks...

Basically, whoever played bowser, unless miraculously spiked into the ground long enough to be warlock punched (ugh...) would win the match because of it, and only one of us is normally good as bowser.

Wolf has a wierd problem with his forward smash. Most easily noticable in stages like Lylat Cruise, in which if his smash hits just right, it does very little damage and sends opponents so far before the hitstun allows any action that they are basically dead. Strange enough, Wolf, if spamming the jump button, followed by side-b, airial (fair for quickest chance) then up-b can make it back, but no one else has stood a chance that we've seen. By the by, the dead character's current damage has nothing to do with this, as the attack is a 1hko if pulled off, even at 0% before it hits.

Peach really needs more buffs to some attacks, and I know turnips in particular weren't worked on, due to the hassle of actually editing them, but the only real changes I can see are:

Forward throw: slows down the attack and appears intangible during it, says "this is fun!" then slaps for decent knockback.

Forward smash: can choose weapon based on tilting while charging.

Has two floats, hold jump to string both together (start 2 in basically the same frame that 1 ends)

Side-b: definately the biggest change, can cancel into anything but another special... but requires the second jump to be used before floats can be used in it. (not really such a problem when the most of the time you use the second jump to better position yourself, but...)

Overall, the focus of peach seems to have shifted from Downsmash, Forward Smash, Turnips, and Fair toward Side-b...

My apologies if this isn't the place for it... I guess I'll also post this on the Brawl Minus Forums if those character topics are active...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wolf has a wierd problem with his forward smash. Most easily noticable in stages like Lylat Cruise, in which if his smash hits just right, it does very little damage and sends opponents so far before the hitstun allows any action that they are basically dead.
That's what the first hit does.
Strange enough, Wolf, if spamming the jump button, followed by side-b, airial (fair for quickest chance) then up-b can make it back, but no one else has stood a chance that we've seen. By the by, the dead character's current damage has nothing to do with this, as the attack is a 1hko if pulled off, even at 0% before it hits.
Did you miss that you're playing Brawl-?

Also, DI up and jump.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Well obviously it is supposed to be broken, but when people have had time to master the timing, whats to stop Wolf players from simply spamming that attack to get free kills?

I mean Ganondorf has a one hit kill (which by the way is only topped in epicness by a Marth countering it) but at least it takes a good chunk of skill, or being really lucky, to hit it. With this... all thats needed is a bit of timing and luck that you and your target are positioned correctly, which happens quite often.

Edit: I missed the DI suggestion part... anyways, I guess we could try playing around with it, but when it comes out so quick I don't see many people being able to DI up on instinct without lots of practice (maybe its just me on that part, I play characters with normally good vertical recovery, so DIing down instead of up is usually a better option for me...)

Xyless

Smash Master
Peach really needs more buffs to some attacks, and I know turnips in particular weren't worked on, due to the hassle of actually editing them, but the only real changes I can see are:

Forward throw: slows down the attack and appears intangible during it, says "this is fun!" then slaps for decent knockback.

Forward smash: can choose weapon based on tilting while charging.

Has two floats, hold jump to string both together (start 2 in basically the same frame that 1 ends)

Side-b: definately the biggest change, can cancel into anything but another special... but requires the second jump to be used before floats can be used in it. (not really such a problem when the most of the time you use the second jump to better position yourself, but...)

Overall, the focus of peach seems to have shifted from Downsmash, Forward Smash, Turnips, and Fair toward Side-b...
How has her focus shifted away from dsmash, fsmash, fair, and turnips? Her dsmash was vastly improved, and I didn't want to make it like Melee, but instead make it something unique. Her forward smash is CRAZY good, and can be controlled by tilts. It kills at a very good % now. Her fair didn't change, but because of no staling, it's crazy good.

And as far as "requiring a second jump", hold down when you hold jump...that should be a given, considering I know you watched me play.

Peach fits into the game just like MK and Kirby: since she is such a powerful aerial fighter, who can chain people to hell and back with little effort (and proper spacing), there was really no point in increasing her kill moves.

Also, her ftilt is a LOT stronger.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh, and I noticed... The codes file actually goes in the ROOT of the sd .___.

So yeah, for those loading with the xml i posted, put rsbe01.gct in the root of the sd.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
said **** it to the CSS and played this some more. Oh boy good job guys, like really good work. I'm still trying as a near exclusive B+ player to get used to some of the changes, but the changes I've gotten down are awwwwwesome. Holy crap I think I may main Lucario WTF?! This game is more nuts and bananas than Diddles the Kong.
e.
Oh, and I noticed... The codes file actually goes in the ROOT of the sd .___.

So yeah, for those loading with the xml i posted, put rsbe01.gct in the root of the sd.
awesome I'll try that out now to see if it works, thanks for getting back =D

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
I completely misworded, my bad.

Anyways, I think I mean to say that the main change you made was to Side-b, the other moves got changes here and there, but clearly it was the move you really wanted to make happen.

the requiring the second jump, it's just a small annoyance of mine, I mean the jump gains very little height as it is, but you have to waste time using it when you were already positioned to float at the perfect height to get to someone falling offstage... (I guess thats a very situational deal, so feel free to ignore it, as the only suggestion I have to fix it would be take away the jump once side-b is used, and I don't think anyone really wants that)

As for F-tilt... well, to be honest, whenever one of us chose peach, we made sure that person wasn't on the ground much, and instead spending most of the time trying to get around Bowser's super armor and ganondorf's dash attack super armor... (I'm not sure if his dash attack is super armor, intangibility, or just insane priority, but we've never been able to damage him during it, maybe our bad luck) I guess I could play around with that as well.

I don't recommend making her kill moves stronger, as being slightly quicker with wind ups and less endlag or something would be a much better choice for such things, in my opinion.

Perhaps extending the range of some moves, like parasol when used on the ground have a sort of sweep in front of it to draw people normally just out of it into it. (I wanna say an uppercut motion of the parasol before launching peach skywards, if possible...) Her grab could also have a very slight range extension, I mean I've missed grabbing bowser while practically being inside of him before, though it may have been a glitch... (no, bowser was not moving, I'm fairly certain I hadn't passed through him, and he was not spot dodging)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Wow, this is really helping with my teching skills.

Also, i feel the characters without major changes didnt get them because they are BROKEN with hitstun.
Peach could combo pretty well in regular brawl WITHOUT hitsun, but with? GTFO

Yoshi however feels broken even before i realized his massive changes. But god i love never exploding edggs and hax fair.

Egg roll to anything is fun, too.

...Broken being a relative term for this game, of course lololol

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
I'd forgotten about that, thank you silence.

I guess now I have three things to play with tomorrow. (tonight is done for us, the others were dragged off to D'n'D by the promise of a new DM or something...)

Edit: I believe a personal complaint of my buddies (not me, as I mostly use characters with projectiles of some kind) is MK's "hold A to stall" move. None of them could find a way to at least stop the attack, let alone attack MK through it. It took Jigglypuff's extended range Sing move to finally get him to stop. They told me to mention this just before leaving...

Edit2@powerhouse: They mentioned somewhere (either the original closed topic here or on the Brawl minus forums) that they didn't want vbrawl characters to go head to head with minus characters, I believe that was when they found Falco and someone else do exactly that with mere increased hitstun, possibly with some of the other changes as well.

It's why I can't see them being ok with having a considerable amount of a character's moves being unchanged and yet go head to head with the rest of minus's cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom