• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
BRAWL BACKROOM UPDATES

News and notices from the Brawl Back Room for all the world to hear

Heya, guys! It's my pleasure to be your brand NEW Director of Public Relations for the Brawl Back Room. I LOVE working with and helping people achieve their utmost potential, echoed in my screenplays, short films, and everyday life.

We at the Brawl Back Room are likewise dedicated to delivering you a streamlined Smash experience. This thread's design is twofold:

-To inform you of the goings-on of the Brawl Back Room

-To open a line of communication between the Brawl Back Room and the public

Interested in applying for the Brawl Back Room? Keep your eyes peeled on this thread for the next application date. We're looking for members who best exemplify the following characteristics:

-Well versed in all aspects of tournament play
-Well versed in all aspects of running a tournament
-Striving to advance the competitive community
-An active member in their community
-A positive reflection on the Smash community
-Willing and capable of leading
-Willing and capable of following others
Table of Contents:

Section 1: Introduction and our Principles
Section 2: Announcements from the Brawl Back Room
Section 3: Current Projects
Section 4: Schedule
Section 5: Members List & Director Status

Section 1 - Our Principles

Principle 1: To grow the competitive community and promote fair competitive play
Principle 2: To establish standards and provide support for players, tournament organizers, and tournaments worldwide
Principle 3: To develop and guide leaders in order to build and enhance the competitive environment of the community
All of us in the Brawl Back Room recognize it can be difficult to understand what's going on in the Brawl Back Room if you're not a member. We definitely don't want to be known as a "Big Brother" unknown entity!

If you guys and gals have any questions at all about the Brawl Back Room, please ask me. I'll do my best to answer each and every one of your questions. Bear in mind, though, that there are some questions I simply can't answer, such as "Is member X active."

Additionally, we're working on even more ways for you to interact with the Brawl Back Room in the near future. Keep checking this thread for more!

Section 2 - Announcements from the Brawl Back Room

6/28/11
Congratulations to the newest elected officials of the Brawl Back Room:

Yink, Director of Member Relations
Ankoku, Head Director and Director of Admissions
Zigsta, Director of Public Relations

7/4/11
Happy Fourth of July...and the day Tier List v6 releases!

12/29/11
MU Chart v2.0 is released.

7/30/12
We now have a Facebook and Twitter page!
facebook.com/BrawlBackRoom
twitter.com/BrawlBackRoom

Section 3 - Current Projects

Smash World Rankings (led by Rajam) – Rankings of the best player of the USA and Canada. This is a huge project and is often updated. Check its official thread.

Section 4- Schedule

The following schedule is what the BBR's up to for the rest of the year. Bear in mind it's a bit on the short side for now, but this schedule will be continuously updated each month.

Ongoing: BBR Interviews

On the Horizon: Tier List v7

Section 5 - Members List & Officers
MLG_JV -Head SWF Admin/MLG representative
AlphaZealot -Head Councilman
Marc -Head Councilman
Shaya -Head Councilman
Ishieymoro -Head Councilman
Ankoku -Head Director, Director of Admissions
Zigsta -Director of Public Relations
Rajam -Director of Official Smash World Rankings

List of people that are currently in the BBR. (Last updated: 8/11/12)

Members (81):

adumbrodeus
Aerodrome
aisight
AllyKnight
AlphaZealot
Alphicans
Aposl
Bionic
C.J.
Cassio
ChiboSempai
clowsui
dabuz
DeLux
Dakpo
Darkmusician
DEHF
Denti
DMG
DRN
Eddie G
Espy Kasrani
gallax
God-is-my-Rock
Gonzalo ZeRo
Hylian
Illmatic
Infinitysmash
Ishieymoro
JNig
John12346
Judo777
Kel
Kewkky
KishPrime
Krystedez
kyokoro_pamuyo
Laem
Luigi player
M@v
Marc
Marcbri
MetalMusicMan
Mikey Lenetia
MJG
MrEh
NickRiddle
Nicole
Nike.
Nysyarc
Omni
Orion*
Papa Mink
Pikabunz
Praxis
Rajam
Raziek
Red Arremer
Red Ryu
RichBrown
Scamp
ScaryLB59
Seagull Man
Sethlon
Shaya
swordgard
Sync.
T-block
Technical_Chase
theeboredone
TheReflexWonder
Twinkie
UTD Zac
Vermanubis
Vex Kasrani
wWw Dazwa
Yikarur
Zigsta
[YRSF] Tin Man
_Kain_
| Big D |

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I can't wait for the new tier list to come out! By the way, nice picture you have up there ;).
Personally, you guys should ban Rainbow Cruise, so Metaknight doesn't automatically earn an auto-win there.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can't wait for the new tier list to come out! By the way, nice picture you have up there ;).
Personally, you guys should ban Rainbow Cruise, so Metaknight doesn't automatically earn an auto-win there.

do not talk about MK in here. stages are left up to the BBR-RC. not us

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Glad you fellas dig it!

CHOMPY, what Ripple said. The BBR doesn't make rulesets anymore. But we definitely appreciate your input!

D

Deleted member

I couldn't think of a better BBR member for Public Relations. Congrats, Zigsta!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Wow looking at the members list there are some (but fewer than I previously thought) that made me go "what the **** are they doing there".

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Flayl, our... attitude so to speak, on members of the BBR have changed over time.
We see it as more socially oriented, so while we actively introduce new members, and people who are completely inactive are eventually removed (bar some small exceptions), those who still partake in activities and conversations we have back there are not removed.

For the most part, while we have people back there that are not active tournament players, they are not partaking in voting for the tier list and their influence on the match up chart and the like are relatively weak as well.

The stress of the BBR being a "ruling body/organisation" I suppose, required, that rigorous membership requirements. We're a lot more laid back now than before.

And what I mean by activities are the likes of , Mafia, and by conversations I mean the likes of the next SSB instalment, moral discussions, tournament events/results/issues.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pfft, i'm been COMIC SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSing before it was cool.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Tier List v6 has come out, in case you guys and gals haven't heard.

D

Deleted member

Any date for the New BBR Member application thread?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You should change the thread to talk about your Dreamworks Studios stories.
Well, I dooooo have some pretty dope stories. :)

The next application date will be either September or October. We're working it out now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Youu know what'd be a nice birfday present?! =D

Nah, I'm just kidding!

Good luck to those who will apply. I'm not sure if I will then though.

:093:

D

Deleted member

Any update on when the next Brawl Back Room application thread will be posted?

Edit: Sorry I'm so eager to apply, but it's been awhile since any new info has been released from the BBR.

D

Deleted member

Ah, okay. Well, it would make sense if they released the application thread immediately after the release of the Matchup Chart version 2.0, since it would give people more incentive to apply.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It makes sense to me to start up the new applications when MU Chart v2.0 is in its final stages, too. I could see it being November, but we'll see how it all plays out from here. Definitely not later than that though.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Not to antagonize, but can someone explain to me what the BBR does? I know they construct the matchup chart and the tier list. What else? I've looked for the answer but cannot really find it in any BBR-related threads.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Not to antagonize, but can someone explain to me what the BBR does? I know they construct the matchup chart and the tier list. What else? I've looked for the answer but cannot really find it in any BBR-related threads.
We used to make the rules too, but the URC took over that area and is doing a better job.

We also do small projects every once in a while, but nothing too noticeable. We discuss a lot regarding rules and characters, and our discussions are read by some of the URC's members. One of the leaders of the BBR is also one of the founders of the URC, and a senator of SWF as well, so we kind of work together.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Get purple names and play mafia.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We used to make the rules too, but the URC took over that area and is doing a better job.

We also do small projects every once in a while, but nothing too noticeable. We discuss a lot regarding rules and characters, and our discussions are read by some of the URC's members. One of the leaders of the BBR is also one of the founders of the URC, and a senator of SWF as well, so we kind of work together.
Thanks for the explanation.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
New update coming later today!

EDIT--By "today" I mean tomorrow. XD Something came up today.

Top Bottom