• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sorry for the delay--I've been working on three film projects lately.

The Brawl Back Room is currently working on the Matchup Chart v2.0. We're currently in Phase 2 of the project, with a release time of November currently slotted.

The BBR got a lot of complaints--and hey, I was one of those complainers--that characters weren't properly represented, and rumors spread that discussion didn't go very deep.

This time around, we aimed to change that by creating a new unique subforum simply called "Brawl Panels." This new subforum is composed of Panelists from both within and OUTSIDE of the Brawl Back Room. We've made a push to get some of the best and the brightest of each character in order to make the most accurate MU Chart possible.

As I said earlier, we're in Phase Two of the project right now. In Phase One, each character panel, led by a single panelist, discussed the ideal changes they'd like to make to their respective character's matchup spread. In Phase Two, panels that requested a MU ratio change discuss that change with the other character's panel. For example, if the Ganons say the MK ratio is even and the MKs list it as -3, the Ganons and the MKs discuss the MU in a separate thread and come up with a reasonable solution for both parties. Each character has 3 to 5 character MUs to discuss per cycle, with each cycle lasting 10 days.

As a Bowser Panelist, I have to say it's been really, really exciting to discuss matchups with both my fellow Bowser mains as well as the other character panelists. We're already starting to crank out MUs I'm personally proud of, and there's been some great discussion.

Below is a list of all the panelists, divided up per character. Each panel leader is listed at the top of his panel and is bolded. You may find some top players missing from this list--this is likely because they were contacted and declined to join due to being too busy with life. Panelists per character were selected by the panel member, who in all cases but ICs and Jigglypuff are BBR members.

If you have any questions about the project, please ask away!

:metaknight:
Infinity
RedHalberd
Omni
Ally
Orion

:diddy:
Count
Luigi Player
Gnes
Player-1

:snake:
Marc
Ally
RedHalberd
UltimateRazer
-Ran

:falco:
MetalMusicianMan
DEHF
Shugo
Orion
Marcbri

:marth:
Nike
mikeHAZE
Kadaj
Shaya
Mr. R
Anaky
Raziek

:wario:
Krystedez
DMG
Pado
Reflex
Lord Chair
Bassem

:popo:
DeLux
Hylian
Smoom
Cheese
Vinnie
ESAM
Myollnir
Sin242

:olimar:
dabuz
Fino
Tin Man
Denti
Anuar
Logic

:pikachu2:
K Prime
ESAM
Anther
Cassio
Stealth Raptor
gallax
Alphicans

:lucario:
Red Ryu
Trela
D. Disciple
Junebug
John12346

:dedede:
MetalMusicianMan
Coney
Junk
Technical_Chase

:zerosuitsamus:
NickRiddle
Kewwky
Dazwa
Shlike
Brosuke

:gw:
Alphicans
UTDZac
Vinnie
Vex Kasrani
PentaSalia

:toonlink:
Twinkie
Jerm
MJG
KingToon
TLMSheikant

:fox:
Shaya
Trevonte
NAKAT

:wolf:
Ishieymoro
Seagull Man
Kain
Gheb_01
Semifer
Luminoth

:peach:
Mikey Lenetia
Nicole
Praxis
Illmatic
King Beef

:dk2:
Ripple
Will
Ook
Neon
ChaosGriffin

:kirby2:
Kewwky
Kappy
falln
Triple R
KingToon

:rob:
Chibo
stingers
KiraFlax
TeeVee
Vinnie

:pit:
Krystedez
KiraFlax
Esca
Snopy
Patriotic Zero
Kuro

:sonic:
Espy
Speed
Kuraudo
Kinzer
da K.I.D.
DlAOS

:ike:
Nysyarc
Bored
Teh_Brettster
Ussi
Ryo

:luigi2:
Seagull Man
Big Lou
jbandrew
yoshq

:sheik:
Ankoku
Judo
Ed
Billy
<3
B!ggad

:ness2:
Yink
Neon Ness
Delta-cod
Shaky
FOW

:yoshi2:
hadesblade
Delta-cod
Poltergust
Sharky
Yikarur
Scatz
YOSH

:pt:
Reflex
T-block
Shaya
MaTA

:lucas:
T-block
FightAdamantEevee
Yink
Mekos

:mario2:
Count
Krystedez
XeroXen
Vato_break

:bowser2:
Zigsta
MrEh
Vex Kasrani
Limit
KingKong

:samus2:
.joel
Xyro
No-IDEA
quicksilver
AgentObvious

:falcon:
.joel
lordhelmet
teluborg
Lionman
NeoBatou

:link2:
Red Ryu
Aerolink_the_Soulmaster
Huggles828

:jigglypuff:
Mink
T-block
Orion

:zelda:
Darkmusician
MrEh
Ed
Ninjalink

:ganondorf:
Vex Kasrani
Vermanubis
DLA
Gunblade789
Teradactyl Yelnats

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Zigsta, GOAT22 is Trevonte. I'm not sure if you want to fix that so people know who he is...not everyone remembers him as GOAT lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought Goat was trump until I was told that he's actually trevonte.

Feel real silly about that.
Also my existence in the fox panel is that of administering it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The names in bold are the administrators of the group, they don't necessarily have inputs on the matchups afaik

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The names in bold are the administrators of the group, they don't necessarily have inputs on the matchups afaik
This. Most times the panel leaders use the character as a main or secondary, but a few panels, like Mario and Fox, are led more for an organizational purpose.

In the case of Krys and Count, they both play Mario enough to be able to discuss MUs with him.

I'll change Trevonte's name next time I'm at my computer.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Uh when does krys ever use Mario? Just wondering

Edit: talked to the Mario boards I have trust in them
I apologize ^^ I was handling sending out brawl panels invitations to outside members, and had difficulty in finding the highest level marios that were ACTIVE and WILLING to contribute (some don't visit SWF that much).

Count has been quite busy with school so it's been difficult, since he is the panel leader. I assure you that Xero and Vato's opinions were taken quite seriously for this purpose. The chart is already looking more accurate compared to last time.

But yeah, my credentials aren't "main material". But I used to secondary mario, and I play him in low/mid tier events, along with jigglypuff (but my mario is way better).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll definitely be re-sending in an application for the BBR. Branching out to non-BBR members for panelists was a great idea for diversity and helping discussions roll along for support. Definitely would be down for providing more support for Sonics in the BBR.

andmafia. t'was pretty fun for the time I played. gets better with Skype too.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
OP's been updated with the most current member list.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
A few people weren't able to hop in earlier for various reasons that kept them inactive.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The following players have been added to the BBR:

C.J.
Kain
Mink
Technical_Chase
theboredone
Vermanubis
Aposl
John12346
Laem
M@V

OP list will be updated soon. Congrats to all the new members!

D

Deleted member

Dang...oh well. Maybe the fifth application thread. :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
3 times wasn't the charm, but i'm not gonna bother with the next time.
First two times was more of a joke, 3rd time I actually put a bit of time into it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
For anyone who didn't make it this time, please don't be down! The next application phase will be in roughly six months--that's plenty of time to make your "resume" all the more enticing.

As for DeLux, I am not a part on the admittance committee, so I'm not sure why he wasn't admitted for sure, but his troll application certainly didn't help his case.

For anyone: If you seriously want to be in the BBR, please take your application seriously. Seriously.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shout out to Tech Chase, you made it bro

However:
The non-admittance of Illmatic and Player-1 is a travesty if the BBR is being consistent and weighing admittance heavily based on applications, which I assume is the case if you're going to publicly cite my troll application as a reason to why I was not admitted.

They easily had two of the strongest applications by far and tack on that they are high level players, and I'm left with a real head-scratcher.

D

Deleted member

Eh, just because you're a high level player doesn't mean that you're BBR material.

Note: you as in the general brawl player, not you DeLux.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shout out to Tech Chase, you made it bro

However:
The non-admittance of Illmatic and Player-1 is a travesty if the BBR is being consistent and weighing admittance heavily based on applications, which I assume is the case if you're going to publicly cite my troll application as a reason to why I was not admitted.

They easily had two of the strongest applications by far and tack on that they are high level players, and I'm left with a real head-scratcher.
This post made me chuckle.

Shenanigans, I tell 'ya!

DeLux

Eh, just because you're a high level player doesn't mean that you're BBR material.

Note: you as in the general brawl player, not you DeLux.
The fact that they were high level players was only a secondary consideration to the point that their written out applications were amongst the strongest of the applicants.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Not all things are weighed equally,
But poor performance in anything we rate is often enough for non-admittance.

Whether that be your application, your behaviour on the boards or your success as a player/tournament organiser.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll say a few things on a personal level here.

Auspher, I like you and don't have the impression of you being a troll or the likes, but I suggest you expand your horizons further and try to shine/stand out a bit more in a respectful manner.
DeLux, patience may have been an appropriate action for you to take, we were/are still considering it. But I'm sure you understand how people in the BBR interpreted your public application not being taken seriously in the first place and how that would look to others if you were admitted.
Others need to cut out infractions from their smashboards life style, COMPLETELY.

DeLux

Shaya, I appreciate the upfront response. If that's the case, I sincerely think your organization ought to reevaluate your admittance criteria and have it consistent to the values promoted and advertised as principles in the OP of this post:

-Well versed in all aspects of tournament play
-Well versed in all aspects of running a tournament
-Striving to advance the competitive community
-An active member in their community
-A positive reflection on the Smash community
-Willing and capable of leading
-Willing and capable of following others
Application strength and Success as a Player are not listed as qualities. But if you lined up the applicants, many of those non-admitted clearly exemplify those qualities. They are simply victims of not possessing or supporting qualities not fairly listed.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the tips, Shaya. I'll see what I can do to become a bigger impact in the community.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see why you people care. The BBR doesn't do anything but release a chart of useless information that no one agrees with anyway.

I recognize 2 names of people that have helped me understand anything useful about the game and thats John1234zillion and Delux.

As for Auspher, P1 and Illmatic, you guys won't be any more important or useful to the community by joining a useless organization that still won't adapt to the community and its needs/desires.

So don't feel bad if you didn't get in, you can make your own useless user group to do nothing but talk.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For anyone who didn't make it this time, please don't be down! The next application phase will be in roughly six months--that's plenty of time to make your "resume" all the more enticing.
This, in short. I'm actually fairly surprised that some people didn't make it in, and I hope that they keep a positive attitude and try again next round. Even if you're not in the BBR, with projects such as the MU panels and an overall more transparent back room (at least, from what I can tell) you can still influence BBR projects without being in the BBR, idk. Part of me feels like having the MU chart happen at the same time detracted from reviewing applications to the extent that they could've been, but that's pure speculation.

Congratulations to all of the new members :)

@ Tesh: So what would you like to see the BBR do then?

:059:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Tesh: If talking is useless, why are you even on the boards and why do you have more than 5000 posts after a mere 3 years? X_X I see a lot of *****ing, but no solutions or criticism that is actually constructive.

DeLux: It should go without saying that you should try to look good in your application, without it being explicitly mentioned. If you're in a job interview you're not going to troll whomever is in front of you, even if you know you're qualified. When I first saw it I honestly didn't know what to make of it and it rubbed several people the wrong way. It basically gave off the message that you're supposedly too good to go through the process like everyone else and it just doesn't work that way.

Ish: I can't speak for other people, but regardless of other projects I read every letter of every application.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Honestly, I'm not trying to cause a scene or anything... but why wasn't I admitted as well as Player-1 and Delux? Like, just give me a cut-throat answer to mine at least. I don't mind being put on blast.

I'm pretty sure I understand this game, I may not be the most intelligent player on these boards... but I do perform well with my character, and I think I've contributed a large amount of contributions to her character boards as well as a decent amount of other places.

If behavior is an issue, I haven't really done anything terrible within the past three month period.... and if I do get in infraction it's usually within a social board such as Houston's or I'm flaming a friend whom I know on a personal level. Also... if it's behavior issues, how did some of the other players get in, especially the one that has the most consistent tournament results? Is there like a certain infraction limit that allows you to never be admitted into the BBR? Because I know a few members in there who have had behavior issues in the past.

If it's too many Peach players already inside the backroom, you can get a unanimous vote from the Peach players themselves that I or Nicole are currently the leading players of our character. What's wrong with adding another one in? Praxis is also extremely inactive, I could just replace him.

I'm just asking these questions because it's literally my third try, and I feel as though I don't even know what you people want from me anymore... lmao. I feel as though I've changed a lot as a person as well as how I conduct myself on these boards, yet higher authorities in the BBR still see me as an immature individual.

It's pretty sad that I've known literally almost every member in the Back Room on either a personal level or a competitive level... yet I can't discuss things that I feel as though are important regarding our metagame (MU charts, tier lists, etc etc).

Last time a pretty decent amount of people were upset that I didn't make it into the BBR and told me to re-apply (which I clearly did), and.. I'm once again I'm not admitted. Just give me something to work on, and I'll gladly do it.

If I'll never get in for whatever reason, then tell me straight up - because I'm tired of applying in vain...

Top Bottom