• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Updates

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I would like to congratulate the BBR staff for making the correct choice in allowing Lux into the BBR after rediscussion. I take back any discouraging statements I made.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I would like to hate on the BBR staff for being a bunch of wimps and going back on their decision. I now double any discouraging statements I once made.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I would like to congratulate the BBR staff for making the correct choice in allowing Lux into the BBR after rediscussion. I take back any discouraging statements I made.
I would like to hate on the BBR staff for being a bunch of wimps and going back on their decision. I now double any discouraging statements I once made.
Gotta Can't please them all. ,POKEMON!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually that was me being genuine, unless you are trolling.

The other statement seems more like the obvious troll if you ignore the fact that 95% of the time I am trolling.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know the full details with Ripple.

DeLux was allowed into the BBR after a self-initiated lengthy explanation and apology from him, along with a lot of discussion among the BBR leadership. Think what you will about the decision, but I can pretty confidently say that it was not just a case of peer pressure from the community in letting him in.

MegaRobMan, your posts weren't all only about DeLux. Don't take back any of your **** unless you just want to claim your intention from the beginning was only about starting drama.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MegaRobMan, your posts weren't all only about DeLux. Don't take back any of your **** unless you just want to claim your intention from the beginning was only about starting drama.
The only reason I said anything in the first place was because he didn't get in due to one stupid post where he was trying to be clever. Yes, I may have said some stuff that should be taken seriously as a critique but since people let Lux into the BBR, they are showing the error in their ways and are showing improvement by listening to reason, I don't care if it was by my complaints or his own self initiative, it shows evolution in thought. I'm pro-discussion turning into action.

I feel me saying "Good decision, no hard feelings" is perfectly reasonable. My first post I talk about how it's stupid that someone got in for being a former troll and infraction man, yet a few others didn't get in for minor things without any history of anything negative on this site. Perfect example of this is Lux. However Lux's contributions to the online/smashlab/kansas/midwest community has been pretty big by my standards and people should have forgiven his dumb funny post and paid more attention to his last post. Yeah, probably should have deleted that post and posted his resume over that joke post, but no one is perfect.

I still think regional bias will exist, but that's not a problem worth complaining about unless it's coupled with another issue. I think personal criteria is an ambiguous area because what you do outside of smash is what is more important by the wording, but Lux didn't mention in his thread that his tournaments were for charity or his numerous other charitable events. Neither did I. Our bad.

Me asking if anyone took my application serious was a serious question because I know a lot of people are like "Who the **** is megarobman, isn't he that ROB main from Iowa? Oh, he plays Wolf, weird. Does he place well OOS? Nope." My only chance was that I've made some decent money this year for Wolf/Link/Luigi, but like I said, once Kain applied I knew I wasn't getting in and that's a decent enough reason behind it since you can't let anyone in.

If you want me to just quote myself in 3 other threads where I'm like "Dude, I'm mad Lux didn't get in and I don't care that I didn't get in because I don't deserve admission yet obviously" I will. It's a good decision for me to not have been admitted because more deserving people weren't added and Kain and T will do an excellent job representing Wolf.

Do I think that Player 1 and Illimatic should have been admitted? Yes, I do. But I understand the reasons why they weren't admitted, at least to a much more significant margin as to why Lux wasn't admitted.

:toonlink::drmario:
I'M MAD LUX DIDN'T GET IN.
You so greedy. You so spoiled.
Stay Hungry my good man.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
As someone who's fairly familiar with MRM's posting style, I'd like to cosign that he wasn't trying to start drama and this is just how he gets his opinion out there. Nothing he has said is dishonest as far as I am aware.

:059:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
For one, MRM isn't DeLux. His opinion wasn't gonnna change a thing, only DeLux had the ability to influence us since it was his application at stake, and he stepped forward and got what he wanted. But MRM, showing discontent like that publicly wasn't going to change a thing.a good lesson to learn from this is if you can't decide whether or not what you're about to say can make things worse, then it's better to stay quiet. There's always a better, more formal way to handling things than simply throwing a tantrum.

Ishiey, even if that is who he is and even if he had no bad intentions, they were still unnecessary posts that would only lead to drama. MRM himself stated that we don't know who he is and that he doesn't have much influence yet, so he pretty much called himself a regular member. Why would the BBR, in its admission process and after coming to a decision, listen to an individual who we've only just found out existed, as well as whose tone is also quite condescending? That wasn't the right way to go about the situation. People gain a desire to listen if the one talking shows respect while he talks, but often turn a deaf ear to those who do otherwise.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
MRM was just voicing his discontent with the system, much like a bunch of other posters at the time. As BBR members, shouldn't we listen to criticism and try to fix whatever is upsetting people (assuming their concerns are valid)? Idk, I feel like while it's not completely fair, it's up to us to be level-headed in this thread and avoid pointing fingers at "trolls" or "salty rejected applicants" when that's not necessarily the case. Although I will admit that MRM could've played some small things down a bit, one-liners and joking comments are best avoided in a fairly serious conversation (as you said, those bits can actually lead to unnecessary drama). However, I would definitely not call it "throwing a tantrum", and I don't really see how his comments made things worse either :x

As far as who MRM is, I doubt anyone would know him outside of his region or the Wolf boards, but he's basically the reason Nebraska still plays Brawl and is one of the better Wolves around despite living in a relatively empty region. And even if you don't know who someone is, you should still take what they have to say seriously until it is well established that they don't deserve it imo, which I think it's fair to say was never the case with MRM. Once again, he was not making these posts because he was not accepted, he was making these posts because he disagreed with the system used. Idk, maybe we're taking different perspectives because I'm more familiar with his posting style :/ as I said though, just approaching these posts calmly and not taking anything personally when they aren't meant to be taken that way helps a lot. All of his criticisms were aimed at the system, not at people.

lol I suck at being concise. TL;DR, this is basically what MRM was doing:
I'm not trolling. I am positively not trolling. Dissent is not trolling.

I believe strongly in value based decision making. If I see an argument with a stronger value claim, I'm naturally going to support it. You guys are free to decide your admissions however you want as an organization. I'm not going to tell you how to do it.

But if you're going to advocate certain principles as means of weighing applicants and then not use said advocated principles, I think it merits critique when that contradiction is exposed.
I was going to write more, but I suppose this is not the place and I'd probably be getting redundant because I do that lol

:059:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If it's too many Peach players already inside the backroom, you can get a unanimous vote from the Peach players themselves that I or Nicole are currently the leading players of our character. What's wrong with adding another one in? Praxis is also extremely inactive, I could just replace him.
You're a big fat fatty McFatPerson.

And also bad.

And so is your mom.

Reizilla

I wish I could be in the BBR so I could be like Praxis.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Kewwky and I had a PM session and a mutual understanding was obtained through discussion and it appears respect was obtained on both ends when it became deductively apparent neither of us were hostile even from the start.

Talk out your issues (if personal via PMs), IT WORKS PEOPLE!

Reizilla

Ah, yes. Surely then shall I be an outstanding member of the SWF community, worthy of such titles as "Brawl Backroom Member."

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Guys, not a social thread.

Also the previous poster is a cheater.
*gets him kicked out of the MBR for fraud*

No more talking about the admission process until next time please. :)
Perhaps around the time the application thread is closing people can pick out public applications for what they feel should deserve to be in the BBR. This will be one of our new possible fields for applicant instant rejection criteria.

Reizilla

Fine.

But ONLY because you're my strongest Pokemon, Shaya, since ascending into magical girldom.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
and people complained about my posting. jeez

Top Bottom