• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
TUK = This might interest you :awesome:

Also, I found something weird about the Street Fighter 2, World Warrior's SPC files : it will keep a fade-in at the beginning of the rip, no matter if I put the configuration necessary or not. I then tried to record the song directly from the ROM of the game, and here's the results :

As you can see, the Game rip doesn't change much in terms of Decibels compared to the SPC rip. I'm gonna make this song for a BRSTM, and leave the rest to anybody else willing to rip all the other songs from the ROM itself.
The songs are EXACTLY the same as Street Fighter 2 Turbo, which I've already done on BCM.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
The Skyward Sword demo leaked! You know that that means, it's time to dig through the iso to see what they left in there from the main game. When I did the same thing to Wind Waker's demo in the Zelda collector's disc, I found that they had the entire soundtrack on it. Maybe something like that will be the case for SS, but I wouldn't expect too many extra songs to be on there if any because SS is streamed, not sequenced.

Segatendo

Smash Rookie
No.... wait...
*calls Moosehunter*
Me: Hey, Moose? Do you know whe---
Moose: NO! Stop asking!
Me: I was just going to ask where my sandwich is <___<

Seriously though, I don't know -- I don't know if moosehunter knows. I know he didn't know, but maybe he knows that I know that he didn't know but now knows what he knew that I knew that he didn't know before.... *explodes*.

The point is, we don't know.
SANDWIIIIICH!

Oki doki loki! I hope soon, cause it's been down for a long time, and I miss going there just to listen and pick up a few songs for SSBB and MKW. Not to mention uploading brstms there. :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Really ? If I remember correctly, the theme of Guile wasn't the same... Or maybe I'm mistaken ?
Do you remember if the theme of Sagat's stage was uploaded as well ? If not, you can has... some cornflakes ?
There are some differences between the US/European and Japanese ones, however, there aren't any exclusive ones.

Basically, these are the differences:
M. Bison's Japanese theme = Balrog's US/European theme
Balrog's Japanese theme = Vega's US/European theme
Vega's Japanese theme = M. Bison's US/European theme

Basically, it's like a cycle, where they are one step ahead of each other, where, basically 1=2, 2=3, 3=1 if that makes sense.

The songs are the same, however, they sound different in quality. IMO, the World Warrior version is better quality. The Super Street Fighter II Turbo versions sound too echoey, like the same track is playing over the top but a fraction of a second later. For example, imagine a "p" sound. On the Turbo version, it'll sound like "pp".

So, you may as well do them as a separate game, heck, while it might seem pointless, we may as well do every BRSTM for every game even if it's got the same tracks... of course Yoshi Topsy-Turvy and Yoshi's Universal Gravitation are the same game for example, so they wouldn't count as different games, but for example, Street Fighter II World Warrior and Super Street Fighter II Turbo could work.
Another example of what should not be treated as different games is the Saturn and PC versions of Sonic 3D Blast. Or in general, any multi-platform games, unless there's a difference in instrumentation, or sound, such as for example, the Game Boy Color version of Mario Golf vs the Nintendo 64 version.

soneek

Smash Ace
Well I never tried this, so I may be wrong about the whole downmixing thing. Does Brawl have support for brstms with more than 2 channels?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well I never tried this, so I may be wrong about the whole downmixing thing. Does Brawl have support for brstms with more than 2 channels?
Doubt it.
BrawlBox can't open BRSTMs with more than 2 channels.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
TUK, I already knew about Bison, Vega and Balrog's names differences between Japan and the rest of the world.

I've gotten my hands on the GBS file of Pokémon Card GB2 (the japan-only sequel to Pokémon Trading Card Game on the Game Boy Color). Some musics from the first game are still in there, but new ones appears as well :awesome:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I wish that game was in full English.
I love the original. I had it for a while.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Me too !

My favorite legendary card was Zapdos Lv.68. Its Pokémon Power inflicted 30 damage to any Pokémon (even those from your side), while its only attack inflicted 70 damage to any Pokémon as well. Have this Zapdos the only Pokémon in your deck, add many many Defenders + Potions + Super Potions (just in case), and you're almost invincible. :awesome:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Very off-topic, but ... has anyone seen the new Mario Kart 7 videos on the Japanese site? They've added the Leaf and Star Cup videos, as well as videos of all the 6 battle arenas.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
anyone care to suggest some songs that fit well with castle siege, lylat, and halberd?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
anyone care to suggest some songs that fit well with castle siege, lylat, and halberd?
Here what I have :
Castle Siege :

J03 - Shadow Dragon Medley - Guardia Castle (Chrono Trigger)
J04 - With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1) - Bloody Tears (Castlevania Judgment)
J06 - Preparing to Advance - Battle Theme (Final Fantasy VI)
J07 - Winning Road - Roy's Hope - Knight Man (Megaman 6 : Complete Works)
J08 - Attack
J09 - Against the Dark Knight - Patchouli's Theme (Touhou 12.3)
J10 - Crimean Army Sortie - Endless Battlefield by Aether (Final Fantasy Adventure)
J11 - Power-Hungry Fool - Opening Theme (Hokuto No Ken)
J12 - Victory Is Near - Flowering Night
J13 - Ike's Theme - Vampire Killer (Castlevania Judgment)
W17 - Fire Emblem (Melee)
Lylat Cruise :

G01 - Main Theme (Star Fox) - Venom (Star Fox 2)
G02 - Corneria
G03 - Main Theme (Star Fox 64) - Ruthless Lizard, Leon Powalski
G04 - Area 6
G05 - Star Wolf - Eladard (Star Fox 2)
G07 - Space Battleground
G08 - Break Through the Ice - Meteo (Star Fox Assault)
G09 - Star Wolf (Star Fox Assault)
G10 - Space Armada
G11 - Area 6 Ver. 2 - Vs. Simple Map 2 (Star Fox Assault)
Q12 - Tunnel Scene (X)
Halberd Wesker :

F01 - The Legendary Air Ride Machine
F02 - King Dedede's Theme - Masked Dedede's Theme
F03 - Boss Theme Medley - Dark Castle by BlueComet (Kirby's Dream Land 2)
F04 - Butter Building
F05 - Gourmet Race
F06 - Meta Knight's Revenge (Original)
F07 - Vs. Marx - The Flutter VS The Gesellschaft (Megaman Legends)
F08 - 0² Battle
F09 - Forest / Nature Area - Sunahara Desert (Nanostray)
F10 - Checker Knights - Shin Onigashima
F11 - Frozen Hillside - Colossus Arena (Misadventures of Tron Bonne)
F12 - Squeak Squad Theme - Egg Fleet Zone (Sonic Heroes)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Skyward Sword is out, so naturally I've extracted the brstms, but they take up 735 MB, and that would take forever to upload on my connection.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've been kind of wanting to put Castle Dracula (Harmony of Despair) on my Siege.
And the main Strato Patrol EOS theme (Mass Attack) on Lylat.

I don't feel like flaunting my music at the moment.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Let me work this out... upload speed is... roughly 125 kilobytes per second.
File is 735 Megabytes...
I could bore you with the details... but basically, that comes to... about 1 hour, 40 minutes or so.

Now, if only I had the BRSTMs to upload ... wait, what are you uploading them to? Your mediafire thing?

Hey, I got an idea... what if you upload them to media fire so I can download them and then upload them to media fire....... oh, right..... <_______<

soneek

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried using the multichannrl BRSTMs in Brawl yet? I haven't really gotten around to playing recently lol.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Got a better result.

I have no clue what the hell it was on when I first did it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

That was on a slow day.

Here's on a normal day:

And here's one I took with Chrome which somehow said my download speed was over 100 kB/s faster:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, check mine out:

Yeah, that's right! PWN'd!

Ok, that's not really mine... but seriously 3 ms ping? And those speeds... WTF?

However, there are even faster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxZXtvQTDPg

Personally, the ping on this is awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a20PuoFYs4k

Also, here's some pictures of some download speeds I've gotten:

Little quiz for you -- one of these is real, the other is fake
Which is which?
I'll tell you one thing, NONE of these have been edited with any image or text editing program or whatever. They are directly screenshotted from the screen and cropped.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So erm..... who's got Super Mario 3D Land?

If only there was a way of getting PERFECT quality music -- the NintyD/NintenDaan1 rip of the game is OK, but it's still got some sound effects, so for the purposes of BRSTMing, it wouldn't be a good idea.
Perhaps they'll release a soundtrack on Club Nintendo?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Got an e-mail from our "friend" Alaric.
Hey Segtendo. It's me, Alaric Skywalker,...., again. Out of curiosity, have any of you been given an update about the BRSTM website's status lately? I really want the site to return soon, and I really hope that what people have been saying about the site not returning isn't true (which has made me really worried, since there's no site like brawl custom music.). Also, once the site returns, will the sonic generations soundtrack (the console version anyway) be updated? (I really enjoy the soundtrack from it, and am looking forward to the 50 unlockable pieces of soundtrack from the game as well.) I hope that the site returns soon. Will you also let MooseHunter know that I have a few messages with questions for him for me please?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh jeez... moosehunter has questions to answer? That's bad... right?

Also, as I said above, does anyone think (or hope) that Nintendo will/should release a soundtrack for Super Mario 3D Land? At least on Club Nintendo?

Top Bottom