• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is Part of the 2010 MLG season: $60,000 in prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can't wait until Gimpyfish's predictions come true and a $5000 MLG match is lost because of tripping. Us Melee peeps will have a field day for months.

:laugh:
No lies. I actually want that to happen. It would result in BS/Sakurais but it would make it in Smash history. No offense to whoever that happens to though. I'd get a big laugh out of it.

inb4flamesaboutwantingthistohappen.
I'm not the Sakurai that implemented tripping. ;)

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
AN EVENTS AT DISNEY, AND I WORK THERE.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo there.
Hey bro, I worked there too! What are you, full/part-time/seasonal or college program? Where do you work? That's bad*** that it's there but hey, I live 40 minutes from Cbus anyway so :p

Hyyyyyppeeeeeee...MK training...gooooood...goooood...:evil:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
when MLG notices that everyone is going to scrooge and plank and time people out and no one watches grand finals, they'll drop brawl pretty quick

and this is coming from someone who loves brawl. just being honest.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
when MLG notices that everyone is going to scrooge and plank and time people out and no one watches grand finals, they'll drop brawlMetaknight pretty quick

and this is coming from someone who loves brawl. just being honest.
Fix'd
/10fixes.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A ruleset for MLG will be announced soon. Its being worked on. Sit back and relax.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good ****ing ****!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood ****ing ****.

EDIT: With all seriousness I hope MLG ban meta knight, if they do then I can see almost everyone banning him.

Come on MLG, force are hand!

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
I'm pretty proud to be a part of the Smash community right now from looking at these previous posts.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
SOOOOO much hype zomg, dont ban meta MLG....make these lazy bad kids learn the MU.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Alright guys I think I'm ignorant but I don't feel that hyped because I don't know HOW big of a deal this is.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome is this? :p

Also, I kinda expected to see Melee up there, and this is coming from a Brawl player. Oh well.

edit:Before I read the thread I saw this and went ":urg:"
This does mean that wifi play will mean something at these events, right?

Do they KNOW how bad Brawl's wifi is? :/

A game being picked up by MLG is the best thing that can happen to it's community. Period.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Good ****ing ****!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood ****ing ****.

EDIT: With all seriousness I hope MLG ban meta knight, if they do then I can see almost everyone banning him.

Come on MLG, force are hand!
Then M2K will stop playing Brawl if this happens.....that and GET BETTER SCRUB
MK is beatable. Not unbeatable.

Prawn

Smash Master
A ruleset for MLG will be announced soon. Its being worked on. Sit back and relax.
Xyro sounds like he's holding something in and that hes giddy.

I will not be surprised if MLG bans metaknight, and I will shoot LOLs all over my computer.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Wifi Qualifiers.

I've never felt a wave of barely substantial hype over a corrupted gaming league picking up our garbage thrashed so quickly upon hearing that.

Whelp, looks like we all know who's getting top 3 there.

Prawn

Smash Master
Guys

the wifi qualifiers are for a BETTER SEED.

and i believe they will be for the am. brackets. People need to just chill out, MLG knows how to run tournaments lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Even if you don't participate in the wifi qualifier you can still participate in the live event. In which case you just won't have the benefit of a better seed from Wifi. If you are a top 8 player the seed should ultimately be close to meaningless to you cause you should be able to beat every there.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks for the clarification, I was under the impression that beatable and unbeatable meant the same thing.

lol.
this killed me
rofl me too

you should be able to beat every there.
how dare AZ make a typo?!

Its being worked on by smarter and better people than you.
:(

:urg:

jk kinda

hype and stuff I guess

no way I'm missing the Columbus one. Two Ohio nationals in one month? O_o

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regular Season Prizes
1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,500
3rd - $1,000
4th - $700
5th - $500
6th - $350
7th - $250
8th - $200

National Championship Prizes
1st - $12,500
2nd - $7,500
3rd - $5,000
4th - $3,500
5th - $2,500
6th - $1,750
7th - $1,250
8th - $1,000

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Oh snap, looks like the God Kais have some intense training to do... It's our time...I cannot wait... this is a very epic moment in my gaming career... haha I'm excited... it's not even 2 hours away from me... YES!!!!
The problem is your game isn't epic at all... so what are you getting hyped about?

Ally?... wtf... i watcehd that lol

He is a good player but the game takes any skill put into it and turns it into a bore fest.... brawl is inherently a terrible spectator game...

Brawl has no hype... that's the reason this **** sucks... yawn

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i hope they announce the other dates soon...I already heard that showdown ( from M3d) was cancelled and GAMME is on the same date as one of the MLG tournaments

Me and M3D need to know so we can move our dates...you know since mlg will not.

It is sad to hear tournaments us TOs have worked so hard in providing being forced to wait for MLG to announce dates just to see if we have to move it or can attempt to move it. GAMME brawl attendance is going to dip and it was looking to be one of the big Brawl/melee tournaments. We have been keeping this community alive and we love MLG despite a lot of the things that have happened in the past with Melee and Halo and other issues that happened thru the years but provide us with some rough dates. I would hate if the international community coming to Apex got screwed because these dates were not told to us in time.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Showdown is not canceled. And if it were to ever be canceled the first you would hear it would be from Nope/their thread.

Unless Nope somehow came to a decision at 12:30am in the morning cause I was playing with his brother here in Columbus at 11:00PM and he was still playing when I left, so he would have to drive back and then talk to Marcus (nope) and probably the rest of Springfield before coming to a decision. The earliest this could have happened would be 12:30am and considering Nope usually has work in the mornings and goes to bed earlier I just doubt it completely.

Essentially I don't see how such a decision would have been reached so quickly, especially since the MLG date is one week before the Showdown and since the Showdown is just a 50 minute drive away it would make sense that a LOT of players will simply stay a week and Smash. Columbus/Ohio I'm sure will be more then happy to house.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
should I be moving apex to the end of the month? I just need that answer from Clap Asap. I do not want to be locked in contracts with hotels and lose thousands for MLG's expense.

Signia

Smash Lord
MLG F***ed up. They would make more money on the less popular, spectator-friendly, hype-inducing game. MLG is such a joke, they drop the classics and pick up the new, popular, casual-friendly, -- and shallow sequels. But I don't blame MLG, I blame the masses' obsession of the new.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That is impossible to know at this moment but a good guess is at least 1-1.5 months before the actual event date.

In other words: likely in 1-3 weeks, at least that is my guess.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We just need the dates for Aug so I will call up JV and email MLG to get that across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom