• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I was the highest placing ROB main at Hackfest. In fact I've been the highest placing ROB main at every B+ tourney I've entered so far, including Apex (tied with Holy) and BtL (outplacing Chibo). My bet was that I was going to be the highest placing ROB main at BtL2 though (unless Holy comes, he's definitely better than me now :p).
Ahh. I thought you only played squirtle there. My apologies then.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
He didn't say that. He says, let's not go all spazzy with the random changes (Cough ganon utilt cancel cough) and just let the game sit a while so we can really distinguish what needs fixing and what doesn't.

shanus

Smash Hero
Actually CK's Ness found itself suiciding a good deal because of DJC and was still holding close matches.

DJC did nothing but hurt Ness's game and really didnt bring anything new to his game in my opinion.
Except for a ton of options and technical skill?

Fair utilt, fair upsmash, a million uair options, tons of new mindgames, weaving bairs. etc.

Don't bash a character you don't play because his new options are widespread.

Regarding Ness complaints:
PK fire: SDI out in 2 taps + a jump (you can even do it 1, but thats hard). Remove the speed up if you want (lol 10% start-up, huge difference) but its not hard to DI it with ness experience. Most people here -zero- ness experience, big shock when they play one for the first time I bet.

Fair: I can say a bit more KBG or SDIability on fair is a reasonable change as well, but most people here are literally whining about a person who got 4th with ness who they didn't ever have experience against in B+ and are now like, what do I do?

Its amazing how quick people judge something with little to no experience.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
@Kink: Nerf the smile.

Let's wait for more Ness mains to do really well before we do anything, I suppose.
Ness mains? Doing well?

Didn't we already establish that's impossible and that only non-Ness mains can do anything other than ***** and moan and break Ness into oblivion? :p

It's a good thing CK wasn't using the Simna build.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ness mains? Doing well?

Didn't we already establish that's impossible and that only non-Ness mains can do anything other than ***** and moan and break Ness into oblivion? :p

It's a good thing CK wasn't using the Simna build.
Fair across FD!

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I killed my self in every other stock today because of the the DJC on Ness. I would have to completely change the way I play him now to continue with him.

Thank you...

I'm finding Mario is a good replacement.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Regarding Ness complaints:
PK fire: SDI out in 2 taps + a jump (you can even do it 1, but thats hard). Remove the speed up if you want (lol 10% start-up, huge difference) but its not hard to DI it with ness experience. Most people here -zero- ness experience, big shock when they play one for the first time I bet.
yeah, I noticed that too. even my friend who isn't big into smash could do it, and he has never played b+ before. to be honest, the nerfed PK fire isn't too much of a drawback, although now you can't set up cool combos with it.

Fair: I can say a bit more KBG or SDIability on fair is a reasonable change as well, but most people here are literally whining about a person who got 4th with ness who they didn't ever have experience against in B+ and are now like, what do I do?

Its amazing how quick people judge something with little to no experience.
I think the fair is fine, its especially good when DJC them into eachother like in melee.

(also DJC nair to grab works at low percents)

D

Deleted member

Delorted, you can be the most biased person i have ever seen.

You try to make a point about kirby being too good by mentioning that he got first place without mentioning a key fact, like oohh i dont know, he was played by one of the best players in brawl+ who has been playing as the character since brawl+ and even in vbrawl.

Then people present the fact of how good Ness is, placing very well and being played by a guy who has NEVER used him in a tournament environment and he wrecked some crew matches and did better then with his usual main. What did you say to this? Ohh... it was basically just a fluke, the guy got lucky.

Biased much?
...ugh how am I being biased? I've been saying that I think Ness is top 10 for the LONGEST time. It doesn't help your case that ChuDat and M2K both play Kirby (they play to win.) Sure Kirby's fun, but he's also incredible. If Kirby was lowtier, they would not be playing them. I just find it funny that idiots like Blank Mauser didn't think Kirby was top 3 where we can easily see with some recent results that Kirby is powerful.

I don't know why the "random" Ness guy did well in CREWS (crews means nothing in terms of rank or anything.) But you have to remember that Brawl+ is an easy game, it's a NEW game, things are constantly being changed. I just don't see how Ness taking some serious stockage off means I'm being biased against Kirby. There are tons of reasons why that Ness did well, one of them including that Ness is just a great character. Not top 3, not top 5, but still great.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Er... I don't think Chu doesn't play to win considering that he also uses the ICs... who nobody puts in their top ten. Not to mention his Melee mains. M2K totally does though.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Except for a ton of options and technical skill?

Fair utilt, fair upsmash, a million uair options, tons of new mindgames, weaving bairs. etc.

Don't bash a character you don't play because his new options are widespread.
...Isn't DJC completely optional and the only thing you have to learn to do is to hold a jump button while you aerial?

I killed my self in every other stock today because of the the DJC on Ness. I would have to completely change the way I play him now to continue with him.
...Uhh... Create a new name...and set L/R to jump and learn to Rising Aerial with your new jump button like how some people set L/R to attack for DACUS and some people set L/R to jump for Peach ATs.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Just want to let yall know there is a bug with zss. I am using usbloader and snapshot method. Whenever i pick zss either on her custom icon or even by selecting samus and holding l the game freezes at the select screen.

edit normal samus freezes as well.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, what do you think of Bowser 5.0, Proteininja?
I am in love. i feel like he has all the tools necessary for the **** sauce to begin. The flame clancel is a nice tool in his toolbox, and his new physics feel very very right. I'm still trying to exploit the shield damage.

I believe the wbr deserves an award for his physics. he feels just so natural to play now for me. Hopefully i can do him some justice, and make it out to some tourneys.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I just DJC with a button and the stick lol. I didn't even know you could just hold down the button XD

EDIT:
I believe the wbr deserves an award for his physics. he feels just so natural to play now for me. Hopefully i can do him some justice, and make it out to some tourneys.
I think that ALL of the characters physics feel well proportioned, and most of all, natural. agreed

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I think that ALL of the characters physics feel well proportioned, and most of all, natural. agreed
Except for Samus. She still handles like a balloon, despite being in a 6'3 metal suit.

But overall, this build is amazing. After playing it for a couple days now, I like just about all the changes. Marth actually feels like Marth again, and Flaco's SHL/physics are too sexy for words.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
yeah yeah, like I said, I'll do it the old way that I'm used to lol.

and samus should feel floaty, she was floaty in every game lol

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
So now ness is broken....again.

Hmmm, what is making him broken? I assume it's fair.

Give it more growth. Problem solved.

Is it DJC comboing to much? Damage nerfs alll around.

Although I'd like to wait a bit before Ness is deemed to get more nerfs. This reminds me a bit of the Luigi d-throw -> UpB thing.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Physics are canon. Plus she's always been floaty
Cannon by what?

The smash series? I don't remember 64, but I know she was faster both up and down in Melee.

The Metroid games? There is no consistent fall speed. She's floaty in Super, but falls much faster in Prime, even though pirate logs say that Zebes and Tallon IV similar mass.

Also, since you hope to have a serious metagame develop under this set, and the next build isn't coming out for months, could this thread get locked+stickied so people will actually start using character specific threads again, or the AiB forums instead of this massive 12,000+ reply cluster ****?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Melee was faster in general, so was she floaty in comparison to the roster? IIRC, yes.

In metroid games, regardless of the fact of teh lack of consistant fall speed, she constantly had a floaty feeling to her handing, though prime was the series where she wasnt as floaty. V:

ANd I already PM'd almas to have this thread locked.

I've never seen the AiB thread for b+. I kinda don't want to see it....
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/forum.aspx?fid=345

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
even though samus has normally been floatyish, its been taken to a whole new level in brawl that really doesnt feel appropriate, especially comparing it to melee. i have a samus pac i made that makes her jumping physics the exact same as they were in melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom