• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok, what programs cna i use to edit these textures? im a photshop wizz...any similar programs i can use to edit textures?

and.

ims ure we will eventually be able to find how to edit the acual characters. i propose ridly as charizard. its the closest we can get...

also question.

once we have an edited texture, is tehre some sort of way i could edit a bin file and change a characters colour in teh replay? this would be cool to use my own costume in my combo vid.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Thanks to Pharrox for the advice, I have had my order placed for a chip for a while and will be modding shortly.

I have one texture done for Punk Lucas (to go with punk Ness) and hope to have that up within a week of modding.

My next mission is something fun with Ike :)

I'll take requests (in the future) after I've done some ones I want to do. (Again this will be a while)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
ok, what programs cna i use to edit these textures? im a photshop wizz...any similar programs i can use to edit textures?

and.

ims ure we will eventually be able to find how to edit the acual characters. i propose ridly as charizard. its the closest we can get...

also question.

once we have an edited texture, is tehre some sort of way i could edit a bin file and change a characters colour in teh replay? this would be cool to use my own costume in my combo vid.
To edit the textures you could use Photoshop, Gimp, and Fireworks. Don't know of anything else. About the second thing, don't think you can, but I'm not sure.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman

and.

also question.

Photoshop is probably the best. Actually, I just read that someone has basically figured out the model format. He still has some work to do before he releases something to do it, but he's dumped a model into Blender.

As for the replay, Brawl just recreates the match when you view it. Because of this, if you have a replay as say, normal Pikachu, and then you did the texture swap on that character, when you play the replay with that disk inserted it will use the modified texture.

However, if you have a different texture than the one you replaced and want to change the replay file so that it does use the same one, I can't say for sure, but I think it is possible. Using this guide by Heinermann you could find the color byte of the replay file and change it so it uses you modified costume.

Thanks to Pharrox for the advice, I have had my order placed for a chip for a while and will be modding shortly.

I have one texture done for Punk Lucas (to go with punk Ness) and hope to have that up within a week of modding.

My next mission is something fun with Ike :)

I'll take requests (in the future) after I've done some ones I want to do. (Again this will be a while)
Glad I could help. :)

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah i know the bin files were just coordinates and struff, but i don't have a modded wii, and i don't mind not being able to play as a custom luigi...for now.... but it would be wicked to use a custom luigi for my combo vid, it woud look 1337. but that also means id have to redo the entire thing, i almost ahve all my clips ready.

im bored and have time on my hands..so does anyone have any ideas(not to complex, mostly colour swaps and stuff) that i can do. i kinda want to make a green sword for peopl..liek the glass sword from eldar scrolls XDotehr than that i don't have many ideas. i did a yellow/blakc luigi but its just alright.
maybey....il make..... a black luigi..like..change his skin colour. to black. then send it to LL62. cuz hes black...and doesn't play samus he plays luigi.

anywho give me some ideas.

WIGI

Smash Champion
theoretically we could use the textures of the green chrome pple and the "dark" subspace people.

heres a list of textures i really want to fool around with

Samus-unlimited posibilities
Poke trainer-shiny pokemon
rob-shiny green and stuff...just coolness metalic fun
toonlink-cellsahded sumhow
gameandwatch MS PAINT FTW(lol jks but seriosly it owuld be easy to change colour for him)
and then i just need ideas for luigi lol

but yeah. once i finish sum textures..who do i send them to so they can be screenshotted?

gigasteve

Smash Ace
If Samus was Mega Man, it's look like he was gay. No offense, but Samus....is a chic.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman

INSTANT WIN!! SO EPIC!! AWESOME JOB GUYS!! I'M SO HAPPY YOU GUYS MADE MY IDEA BECOME REALITY!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. *NEEDS TO FIND A TISSUE*

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
im liking the peach reskins :) maybe can the hair be white or sumthin? it would look even more epic.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Imagine playing someone on Wifi with the modded textures. Is the other person able to see them?

null

Smash Apprentice

INSTANT WIN!! SO EPIC!! AWESOME JOB GUYS!! I'M SO HAPPY YOU GUYS MADE MY IDEA BECOME REALITY!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. *NEEDS TO FIND A TISSUE*
This almost makes me want to mod my Wii and do this. Why couldn't they have simply added a custom costume feature instead of trying to advertise games? =[

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Someone make Sonic into Knuckles and Pikachu into Raichu.
Thats all I've ever wanted from Smash bros. =/

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
lol, no I'm not one. I just see OMGZ DO NAKID ZSS!!! and I didn't think that was possible and they were just being to desperate and hopefull. You shouldn't have posted that model, you're adding fuel to the fire. lol.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I have figured out the model format, so importing new models isn't impossible. However it will be quite some work because the format is somewhat complex.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8139/dvpsmashsamushu4.png
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3661/brawlzssbb6.png
..etc

Obviously these aren't finished 100% because I still need to find things like materials and such.
I would say I love you, but thats not right. You and Pharrox are awesome. I think I'll be better with models. Than I can actually make Shadow.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
If anyone could answer me on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

But is it possible if say, you were to import a new model and take other already existing animations/sprites/etc from other characters and use them for this one character?

I would also like to know if it is even possible to add in a new character slot (Something like say, playing as one of the PT's pokemon by itself and adding it to the roster to be selectable)? I know its possible or so I've heard to play Gigabowser/Warioman/PT's Pokemon by themselves. So if thats possible what about for this new character? Even if you don't add them to the roster. But still get the character playable would be nice.

We could very well have our much desired characters but within limits. I would definately be willing to mod my wii just to be able to do something to this extent. But I am just curious if this could even be possible in the future? Cause I'd sure as hell freaking learn to hack (if I even knew where to begin, wish I could find a tutorial or someone to teach/guide me in the right direction..) to be able to do this.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
With the amount of time and effort that would take to do the above, I would much rather program my own smash game from scratch (since that'd be way more enjoyable anyway)

As it was mentioned before, nothing exists for the old characters except a few stripped effect files.
Even if, to simply swap character models won't work. It'd work to an extent that if you were to copy over the old skeleton of the old model so the anims match up, but that involves re-rigging the model, which pretty much means you'd be better off just adding a completely new model in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom