• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Who wants Blaziken to be in Brawl?
Now that time has come...

*pics*

I have done only a few (very few) animations so far, in fact, it doesn't have really WalkMiddle, WalkSlow or WalkFast animations so it can't move unless you jump. Sorry, I couldn't make better animations:

DL: *link here*

Note: If you have NTSC Brawl probably you won't hear sound effects if you use the FitZakoBoy.pac file because I'm PAL.
You... You didn't rename the bones, but the FitMotion still works. How did you get animations to work without renaming bones?! I must know!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You... You didn't rename the bones, but the FitMotion still works. How did you get animations to work without renaming bones?! I must know!
By... animating the bones as normal?

Renaming bones only does one thing -- it changes what the animations choose to animate.

I.e. the animation goes, "I have to move a bone called 'HipN'. Let's see, here's 'HipN', so I'll move it." It doesn't care if "HipN" is actually the character's hip or his toe.

Remember -- a bone's name affects nothing else. Just animations.

EDIT: Don't mean to pick on you, but this is a common misunderstanding I wanted to clear up.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

Renaming bones only does one thing -- it changes what the animations choose to animate.

I.e. the animation goes, "I have to move a bone called 'HipN'. Let's see, here's 'HipN', so I'll move it." It doesn't care if "HipN" is actually the character's hip or his toe.

EDIT: Don't mean to pick on you, but this is a common misunderstanding I wanted to clear up.
Case in point: Lucario's Toe bones are actually his entire foot. The Foot bones are his lower legs, and the Leg bones are his thighs.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
the animation goes, "I have to move a bone called 'HipN'. Let's see, here's 'HipN', so I'll move it." It doesn't care if "HipN" is actually the character's hip or his toe.

Well, I knew that. There's no way that a program can actually know the difference between HipN and the actual hip. I just thought that BrawlBox only recognized bones with the same names as the Brawl characters'. As in, if a bone was "LFeeler", I wouldn't be able to move it because that's not a common Brawl bone. Well then, that's a load off my mind!

And I never felt even the slightest bit picked on. It's k ^_^

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
WOW this is so Awesome, I can't wait to see if someone or yourself can finish Blaziken

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
does anyone know how to get nagagog the subspace enemy moving. because I have him and whenever I try and play as him, he just plays the walking animation but dosent go anywhere:(

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
You. Are. The absolute. Most amazing person. Ever. EVER!

*goes to attempt to create a stage*

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
Ugh... so apparently, I know nothing about these BrawlBox hacking shenanigans.

What I wanted to do was replace Lucario's Kirby hat with the Fighter Kirby texture hack of Snake's headband. I attempted to replace the models, delete the unnecessary parts of the model (basically the whole of Kirby's body), import the texture for the headband and save it; it looked like it was going to work. It did NOT B-sharp on me, though it did lag the game up the butt and load part of Kirby's head with weird textures. I opened it back up in BrawlBox and it errored out on me when I attempted to preview it again.

I KNOW that Snake's Kirby hats have the entire model on them because they put the beard on him. But, what I'm asking is, is there any way to make this work?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Razanak, I hate you. You just did what I was planning to do. :/

I wanted to do it on all characters and record a machimina.

Mit

Smash Ace
Someone should make a Midgar over New Pork City, replacing all the little buildings with stuff from the slums, make the giant building in the middle the Shinra building, etc. That'd be epic. And a lot of work >_>

Of course, remove half the stage's platforms and give it a nice, normal, playable field as well :p

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Pawnch to the beat,
Falcon Kick together
Come feel the knee, forever and forever
Show me your moves
It is time for racing
Now we are here with Caramel Falcon!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/CARAMELLFALCON.zip
puncha med oss
sparka med falcon kicks
knees som ni gör, knees några åt vänster
show me your moves
missa inte raceset
nu är vi här med karamäll falcon!

I just had to translate it to sweden, caramel dansens original version xD

and yeah, I am interesting about the bowser caramelldansen version :3

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... so apparently, I know nothing about these BrawlBox hacking shenanigans.

What I wanted to do was replace Lucario's Kirby hat with the Fighter Kirby texture hack of Snake's headband. I attempted to replace the models, delete the unnecessary parts of the model (basically the whole of Kirby's body), import the texture for the headband and save it; it looked like it was going to work. It did NOT B-sharp on me, though it did lag the game up the butt and load part of Kirby's head with weird textures. I opened it back up in BrawlBox and it errored out on me when I attempted to preview it again.

I KNOW that Snake's Kirby hats have the entire model on them because they put the beard on him. But, what I'm asking is, is there any way to make this work?
yeah. 2 options. either put snake headband and have it load as lucariohat, then replace the texture of the beard and kirby to an invis texture, or delete polygons of beard kirby(i prefer the former. easier & less risky)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgZQE_cKvnY just one quick video

I known he was somewhere in brawl D:
how to unlock: beat subspace embasy on intense without taking a single % in less than 2 hours

haha i love jking with noobs (:p)

anyone with pokepark wii (i dont/ never will own the game, so cant DL the files), so we know that the pokemon use .mdl0, but what about the landscapes? playing on the island itself would be supreamly ******. let me know, k?

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I recently got some DQS models, and wanted to do a character. I got this girl model, and I'm going to retexturize her into Perona, from One Piece.

She already has plenty animations, I can say that my work is halfway done, lol.
You can see in the first image she got a bug. That's because I scaled the hip. Can someone send me a tutorial, or someone Vertex Hack her bigger? Thanks in advance.

She'll be like this :

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
yeah. 2 options. either put snake headband and have it load as lucariohat, then replace the texture of the beard and kirby to an invis texture, or delete polygons of beard kirby(i prefer the former. easier & less risky)
I tried the latter method (deleting everything not relating to the band itself); the aforementioned wigging out is what I got as a result. I may have goofed somewhere, being a newbie and all; if you think it'd work, why not try it? ;)

ikian

Smash Rookie
hey razanak7 can you put a download for that stage plz xD? (i mean the stage of caramell-bowser image)

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm guessing this is in response to my post previously?

Anyhow, lol, it looks like someone had the same idea as me. However they didn't edit the looks of the stage very much at all, aside from desaturating some stuff and putting the Shinra logo on a single building. Could toootally be done better.

I would've stayed with the floating platforms as well, but their's could still turn out pretty cool.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You didn't give the file an extension. What is it supposed to be?
Oh, whoops. Guess it was deleted in the renaming of the file. Oh well, Oni K4ge has you covered.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: lol at that New Pork City Midgar. I'll be blunt and say that it needs a lot of work :laugh:

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
need help! :dizzy:

^pic of moveset im working on. as u can see, the sword is spawning the rest of the trophy's model

custom ganondorf sword. the problem is that i cant figure out how to delete polygons correctly. can someone delete all except the sword for me?

or

can someone send me a link of an invisible(transparent) texture. i thought that one was transparent, guess it wasnt completely.

heres the file:
HTML:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JKPZTLH

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kirby's Snake ability is a complete model alternation, so it works differently, compared to most other Kirby Hats.

Kirby Hat texture data with a FileFlags of 25600 can be model swapped; make sure to swap ALL the data with the exact same FileFlags as well. However, the Snake ability's texture data FileFlags is 0, so it will NOT work properly if model swapped.

Kirby Hats relating to Donkey Kong, Falco, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Solid Snake, and Mr. G&W can not be model swapped properly, since their model data is completely different from that of the other Kirby Hats.

Top Bottom