• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 3: The Finale | Markham, Ontario, Canada | June 26th, 2010

Pho

Smash Journeyman
There's only one way I'm going and that's if SSF4 is possible without signing up for a brawl event. In all seriousness, what benefit do you get from it anyways Tinman? I'd still be paying the venue fee anyways.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
If u want street fighter then go to a SSF4 tourney. Either enter brawl singles, doubles or Brawl+ or don't come. If u entered Brawl+ or doubles, I don't see any issue with that. Singles i understand.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
if u can confirm for me that doc and ace and hype will for sure absolutely not come,

then i will go

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm still unsure whether or not I can make it. I might be going out with my girl that day.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
hype will likely come, doc likely wont, and ace has a less chance of reaching than doc. Basically I can only safely guarantee that doc and ace wont go. And there is no ally, just holy and swordgard

Tin Man

Smash Hero
so I talked to some of them and this is the result.

It is looking very likely that a

FULL CAR OF SAUGA IS REACHIN MAH TOURNEY

:crying: shit is lookin better and better each day

Cruxis

Smash Lord
hype will likely come, doc likely wont, and ace has a less chance of reaching than doc. Basically I can only safely guarantee that doc and ace wont go. And there is no ally, just holy and swordgard
thats still fifth place at the very best, and considering how rusty I am i might not even make it that far.

if hype decides last minute not go to make sure to tell me if you want me to go

Pho

Smash Journeyman
If u want street fighter then go to a SSF4 tourney. Either enter brawl singles, doubles or Brawl+ or don't come. If u entered Brawl+ or doubles, I don't see any issue with that. Singles i understand.
In case you weren't aware, there IS a street fighter tournament at YOUR venue. Just because it's not the main event, doesn't mean there should some hinderence in joining.

Fashoomp

Smash Cadet
In case you weren't aware, there IS a street fighter tournament at YOUR venue. Just because it's not the main event, doesn't mean there should some hinderence in joining.
Not even being a SFIV player, I 100% agree with Pho. It is a street fighter tourney, and that's what he likes to play. There should be no reason he shouldn't be allowed to play SFIV

Pho

Smash Journeyman
rule isn't changing, thats final
Then someone give me an update on Saturday how long brackets take, because there's no way in hell I'm joining for Brawl when I have to wait around till 9-10 PM.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
count me and fornax out.. just lost my driving license for 7 days. Dunno about the others in my car, ask them :\

SRTM

Smash Ace
Then someone give me an update on Saturday how long brackets take, because there's no way in hell I'm joining for Brawl when I have to wait around till 9-10 PM.
Swizzbeats is organizing SSF4, Tinman has no involvement.
I guess it can start whenever

-Googs

Smash Lord
Tinman what time do you think brackets are gonna end?
If they ended as late as last time then I won't be able to make it.
a general estimation?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Straight bracket sounds sick.

Besides, it's generally less time consuming and stressful, since everybody makes it out of pools.

Mississauga is coming? ****.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Tinman said:
NO YOU CAN'T PLAY IN ANOTHER TOURNEY BEING HOSTED AT THE VENUE UNLESS YOU PLAY IN MY TOURNEY TOO. THAT WAY I CAN PAD MY ATTENDANT LIST WITH SF4 PLAYERS TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE I'M A FANTASTIC TO WHO RUNS LARGE BRAWL EVENTS.
Definitely not the way to do it Tinaye. Let the boys play SF4.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tinaye, you're still getting paid the initial venue fee, plus the original Street Fighter entrance fee.

I see no logic behind your reasoning.

Either, you let them play Street Fighter and make that minimal amount of cash, or you make nothing because people don't show up.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
2 stock, 5 minute pools will be needed, as with this level of competition returning we definitely need some level of "on the day of" seeding.

As for finishing on time, its people not messing around, and people not getting caught between multiple tournaments which will save the tournament.

Also, I can understand the idea behind the street fighter limits, as I think he's just not wanting some random sf only players to show up.
Although I would agree that giving Pho a bit of credit and letting him in would be the right thing to do.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Looft, I may not be able to team.

The money I was supposed to recieve bounced, leaving me short of cash for this tournament.

I'm pretty pissed off now.

5ive

Smash Champion
Ride situation looks good now. 2 TV's (1 LCD, 1 CRT) confirmed with Brawl+.

Brawl+ can run on 2/3 TV's. It would be fair if we have one CRT though. If anything, we keep my LCD as well.

Top Bottom