• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BWNY5 Results

Niko_K

Smash Master
I really hope you guys change your way of running tournaments ASAP. No pools was really stupid and you guys failed at doing proper regional seeding. Ayaz and Nasir (BROTHERS) played eachother in round two....Where as JesiahTEG and Pikapika sat at the very top and very bottom of the brackets >.<

The tournament outcome would've been HEAVILY altered if you ran pools. It would have been way more accurate as well.

If Inui and NJ had shown up and pools weren't run there wouldve been a riot. I just didn't say anything because I knew no one would listen to the Canadian TO xD.

<3 these results. They make NO sense <3

(No discredit to other players though)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
The way I see it, as long as I'm good enough to beat everyone, pools, no pools, bracket w/e won't matter. I''ll just beat everyone in pools and brackets. If I lose to someone I "shouldn't" or get "bracket screwed" or something, then I should have just beat that person.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
what Niko said^^^^

honestly poolls and seeding would have made this tourny R.A.P.E but w/e

shout outs!

Jesse: Thanks for housing Canada. it means a lot so next time your down in Canada *coughOiN8cough* I got you and some guys for housing FOR SURE. Also I appologize if I was acting a little weird at the begining........I was on Mush as we at Rochester and had no sleep xD

Burn Buddies: thanks for that blunt man it made me feel like I was back home lol, if your comming down to Canada anytime soon then hit me up

Niko:................. w/e i'm pissed at playing Nasir too......I know he could have *****

Goggles: good **** in teams, I think we could have done better though.......like top three, but w/e man it was chill hangin with another Sonic main......but i'm not as crazy as you American Sonic players lol

Mow: I f*cking love you, if i'm every going to get banned it's going to be by you. Seriously one of the funniest people I have met.

KoJ: it was chill talking to you man, we didn't get any friendlies which is fail but we should next time.

Asy: BBBbBBBbBbBbbbbBbbbBBB lol king ace of America haha. Jokes I never played you but I watches some team matches and saw you play my brother.

Court: nice Snake man, you were camping but w/e it's playing to win right?

Hulk+San: OMG son your team match was SEXY, I REALLY liked your Ike and same with Hulk's DK. GGs

Xivii: with a mini tag of "Britney" ***** you deserve to have no friends..........you see that was the joke I was GOING to make but you messed it all up. ****.

GG's all around

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
uhh im confused lol but all i really did was play so yea O_o im probly sounding like an idiot right now.

nasir123

Smash Ace
SHOUT OUTS YALLL!!!!!!!!!!

-Da.KID aka goggles ( if u see him in person yu'll know why we call em that)- well da.kid was amazing with his sonic i mean he beat my IC a coupple of times but not enough xD sldo in teams he actually had the kneed for speed and ended up beating me :(

court + paco- court and paco were really good in singles and in teams. they were actually doing team combos and there singles were rediculous keep it up.

Ron- great lucario but i think that u should have played ur kirby in singles and in doublees also freat job at staying alive.

NikoK- great peach but idk why the hell people think ur actuallt good (:p)

RayneEX- wow rediculous is all i have to say.

night- he was great in singles but i don't think that he had deserved to go that far because he had constantly asked me about the people that he was facing. although great fox and unbeleiveble placing for a first tourny keep it up.

Hulk- wow i have to say that he was not all that great in singles but in doubles u were a ****** machine i mean that sakurai combo on that m/k was just to beastly to watch also great friendlies and hope to see u soon.

JesiahTEG- wow when i heard about you i thought that u were not all that great and u just prooved me wrong. you had great spacing and u had done everything that a snake could do which i had never seen before.

alright well those are my shout outs i hope all of you do great in your future tournies and i hope to see you guys soo especially u asylem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I really hope you guys change your way of running tournaments ASAP. No pools was really stupid and you guys failed at doing proper regional seeding. Ayaz and Nasir (BROTHERS) played eachother in round two....Where as JesiahTEG and Pikapika sat at the very top and very bottom of the brackets >.<

The tournament outcome would've been HEAVILY altered if you ran pools. It would have been way more accurate as well.

If Inui and NJ had shown up and pools weren't run there wouldve been a riot. I just didn't say anything because I knew no one would listen to the Canadian TO xD.

<3 these results. They make NO sense <3

(No discredit to other players though)
While I had no part in Kelvin's decisions for seeding and do think he made some bad ones, I'm going to step in here and tell you that you're flat out wrong.

No pools isn't really stupid when the turnout is below 30 people. Pools would have altered the seeding by skill very little except for the fact you guys would have gotten worst seeds than the ones you were given. JesiahTEG and Pika!Pika! were given the 1 and 2 seeds, due to JesiahTEG consistently getting 1st and Pika!Pika! getting 2nd or sometimes 3rd. You and RaynEX were given the 3 and 4 seeds if I remember correctly which was too high in my opinion. With a tournament so small, it was bound that you guys were going to have play each other early on due to how many of you were there, there was no way around that.

And you know what, I don't think the tournament results would have been altered much at all if there had been pools. You lost to CouRt and San, CouRt has typically gotten around 7th at these and san usually gets top 4 when he comes by. JesiahTEG, Owna, and Pika!Pika! could have all easily knocked you out as well since they typically place higher than CouRt and san. You guys were given the 3/4 seeds, meaning your portion of the bracket really shouldn't have been difficult at all. RaynEX being seeded so high is what really caused the brackets to be different if anything did.

Owna won. He deserved it. He knocked out Pika!Pika! twice, who would typically beat him. He performed better, and it showed in the results. San performed better by knocking out JesiahTEG. JesiahTEG and Pika!Pika! getting put into losers so early on also affected the results, but that's what happens when players who usually win don't. And it wasn't because any of you out of WNY people beat them, it was because our very own locals did. Upsets happened, and the results reflected that.

If you want to see who got screwed over by brackets, look at me. I lost to San and Pika!Pika!. The same exact two players who JesiahTEG lost to. JesiahTEG got 5th while I got 9th. This was due to JesiahTEG getting a much higher seed than I did. I was given a much lower seed than normal since you Canada players were placed above me. Now for our next biweekly I'll also be given lower seeding due to this, and once again have a very difficult bracket. So I'm screwed for a while now, but I'm not complaining.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Xivii was the TV with the live stream recorded? Was anything recorded? (melee of course is what I'm asking)

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
In order to have the live feed broadcast in a decent quality I couldn't use the dazzle recording equipment. Instead I used the built in features of JustinTV and Ustream to record it all. I do not know how to get these off of those sites though and I linked to them in the opening post. There are archived on the JustinTV/Ustream websites, but I have no clue how to get them to youtube. But you are able to watch them from those 2 websites.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
And you know what, I don't think the tournament results would have been altered much at all if there had been pools. You lost to CouRt and San, CouRt has typically gotten around 7th at these and san usually gets top 4 when he comes by. JesiahTEG, Owna, and Pika!Pika! could have all easily knocked you out as well since they typically place higher than CouRt and san. You guys were given the 3/4 seeds, meaning your portion of the bracket really shouldn't have been difficult at all. RaynEX being seeded so high is what really caused the brackets to be different if anything did.

Owna won. He deserved it. He knocked out Pika!Pika! twice, who would typically beat him. He performed better, and it showed in the results. San performed better by knocking out JesiahTEG. JesiahTEG and Pika!Pika! getting put into losers so early on also affected the results, but that's what happens when players who usually win don't. And it wasn't because any of you out of WNY people beat them, it was because our very own locals did. Upsets happened, and the results reflected that.

If you want to see who got screwed over by brackets, look at me. I lost to San and Pika!Pika!. The same exact two players who JesiahTEG lost to. JesiahTEG got 5th while I got 9th. This was due to JesiahTEG getting a much higher seed than I did. I was given a much lower seed than normal since you Canada players were placed above me. Now for our next biweekly I'll also be given lower seeding due to this, and once again have a very difficult bracket. So I'm screwed for a while now, but I'm not complaining.
This is why people don't like Western New York. I know I get a bad (well, fairly accurate) rap for being a jerk. But I don't tell people crap like that. I don't really care for brawl, and I don't think pools should be necessary, but when someone offers and option to try and help run a tournament more smoothly and fairly, you don't punch them in the **** and spit in their face. It's bad form dude.

Also, I know I also get a rap for supporting Jesse a lot, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking Jesse placed higher than you solely because of seeding. That's my two cents on brawl.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
This is why people don't like Western New York. I know I get a bad (well, fairly accurate) rap for being a jerk. But I don't tell people crap like that. I don't really care for brawl, and I don't think pools should be necessary, but when someone offers and option to try and help run a tournament more smoothly and fairly, you don't punch them in the **** and spit in their face. It's bad form dude.

Also, I know I also get a rap for supporting Jesse a lot, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking Jesse placed higher than you solely because of seeding. That's my two cents on brawl.
No, this isn't the case at all. I didn't intend to punch him in the face or be rude about, although it may be interpreted that way. But at the same time, he did come in and tell us that the TOs for the tournament did not know what they were doing and that it directly affected the tournament results. That is a pretty rude thing to say, and I laid out my opinion on it all. It was not an attack on NikoK at all, and although it might not have been his intend to be rude, he came off that way by directly saying that results were influenced by bad seeding. I came off rude as well, and I'm sorry for that.

Many large tournaments will often say "Pools will be used if there are more than 64 entrants." But we didn't even make the 32 mark. It's obvious that pools were unneeded for such a small event. Historically, Kelvin has run events with much larger turnout and still did not use pools.

I was in no way implying that I am equal to JesiahTEG in any way, but instead showing that I did have a much harder bracket than I probably should have had. But you love to come in and make any attack on my skill level, so go ahead.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
All it matters is on the player's own skill i mean cmon i lost fairly to owna lol but cmon if he won the he deserved it. it wasant becuase of seeding or pools it was cuase of his skill ok? well not alot but gets my point across

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Shut your ****ing mouths you whiny *****es. This is a results thread for a really kickass tournament that a lot of people enjoyed.

Good vibes in here keep that bull**** out.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: People who won deserved it and the people who lost just lost.

WNY tournaments are always run with precision and quality. This is fact, not opinion. Amir and Kelvin did a great job since I did little to nothing and that's that on the issue. I have spoken and, quite frankly, nothing more needs to be said.

In related news, people should go back and watch those streams. They are WAYYYYYYYY too good. Unfortunately, I think it stops before Grand Finals, which is really upsetting. I wanted to hear my own voice when I went back to watch. ._.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In order to have the live feed broadcast in a decent quality I couldn't use the dazzle recording equipment. Instead I used the built in features of JustinTV and Ustream to record it all. I do not know how to get these off of those sites though and I linked to them in the opening post. There are archived on the JustinTV/Ustream websites, but I have no clue how to get them to youtube. But you are able to watch them from those 2 websites.
How to Convert Recorded Video Files to Different File Types and How to Download Them

You can convert your Ustream Recorded video files to .wmv, .mov, or .mp4. To do so, go your "My Videos" page and click on "Video format conversions". After selecting your format, it will take a few minutes to convert the file. The format name will turn blue next to the "Download" option once the video is converted. You will then be able to download them by clicking on the format type in blue.

http://www.ustream.tv/helpcenter/howto

Hope this helps.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Thanks Ankoku, I was just going to post that.

The videos are such bad quality but at least we have something. Next time we should just record normally and just dub commentary over it, because the live feed is great but the videos are forever the live feed isn't y'know what I mean.

hubble

Smash Ace
This tourney was good ****, gg to everyone.
This is Brock btw, bock in melee singles for everyone that might not have caught my name.

Goggles: Where you at son? Gannon dittos on yoshi's and you backed out :-P

Mana and his friend: Really fun playing with you guys, you guys should come up more often because we're trying to get melee biweeklies set up again.

Foy: Real fun warming up with you at the start of the day, we had some really fun moments.

Real good stuff, I had a blast. We defiantly need to hype the next tournament up a ton more and keep this going.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
dammit I wish I wasn't so busy and could have come to this to defend my "title" (sort of). The results are really surprising, good stuff everyone.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well Niko is still thinking about it, i'll PM you guys the thread when we it's made and don't worry about distance we honestly got to Rochester in less than 2 hours

_N2

Smash Apprentice
RaynEX thanks for the friendlies. Sorry for getting rolled.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I said it once, I'll say it again. Good **** WNY. I'm not from around here if you didn't already know, but I moved from a pretty bland area when it comes to smash and I finally feel justified in coming to school here (**** my degree, lolz.)

Seriously, though. I will definitely be returning to arena for more tournies if you guys continue to host them. I honestly couldn't think about much else other than smash for the past couple of days. It's pretty ****ing scary.

Anyway, proper shouts:

Xivii, now that I finally realize who the hell you are. Thanks for a great teams match. I loved how you discovered stomp half-way through. Also, thanks for hosting with Kelvin. I'll see you at EGS.

Kelvin, it was nice to meet you, man. Big props for hosting this sort of event. I've tried to host small tournies back at home, and if that's any indication, I know what a pain in the *** it can be. Also, peach teams, plz.

Silverspawn, great showing, man. At least one of us from school did reputably. Seeing you rest the **** out of peeps almost made me feel good about all the stupid stocks you took from me practicing that ****, almost.

Min, Grif, get nicknames....lol

Foy, it was great meeting you, man. I hope to see you again at Arena. Bad luck on picking mario against my peach on random select, lol.

Niko, I only got to speak to you once, but apparently you were the peach that was pissing everyone off that day. Everyone was letting their hate off on me, lol. Good ****.

ManaLord, thanks for understanding where my "claw" or whatever the hell you want to call it comes from. 3s matches in the future for sure. Alpha 2 as well please. I luvs all mah 2D fighters. Your skill is undeniable, man. Thanks for the friendlies.

Raynex, amazingly solid fox, man. I originally just wanted to see PC and M2K at the tourney, but **** them man, you're what's up, lol! Thanks for the friendlies and tips. Hope we can play again sometime.

Everyone else I played whose names I don't know, ggs. I hope to see eveyone again, soon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im going to take like an Effing hour, and shout out as many people as I freaking can. and see if I can get the longest shout out post as well

TOs:
Goodies/Kelvin: you heard me on the feed, and I meant every word. You are an incredible TO, and if it wasnt for you, I would have never gotten good at melee, or got involved with this AMAZING family that is the WNY smash scene. You are awesome and you need to play in these tourneys and if holding melee is what it takes, do it. (cue KoJ) I hope you continue to hold these tourneys and pull us together for them for a long time to come.

Xiivi/Amir: As much as I love you, I am sooooooooo tired of losing to you in tourney. that being said, going random for two full sets in tourney is pro status. You are also a highly respectable TO. Dont stop doing what you do, and thanks for being able to bring me back to earth and actually commenting on the matches when I was supposed to on the feed. Im done playing nice with you. Next tourney, when we play, because Kelvin is obviously going to continue bracket ****** me, Im going to **** the shiz out of you. keep doing what you do and continue being the best Azen mainer aint nobody ever heard of out the WNY.

Shiri/Yannick: GOOD SHOW GUY!! I told people me and you commentating would be epic shiz, people didnt believe me and they were right... You didnt need me, I left you alone on the mic and it. was. a. wrap. Adding myself to the mix was just an added bonus. Our commentating was WAYYY TOO EFFING PRO. This is why we need to travel to tourneys son. these other regions think that they can trash talk like us. We need to show them that we are the truth!! nyggaz aint got ****e on us brah. not to mention the fact that your yoshi is baller. Scatz may be better than you, but you are still beast and you need to stop telling yourself and other people otherwise. We still need to do team "its gotta be the shoes"

Canada
RaynEX: You totally get the award for person who IRL most looks like there SWF avatar. Ive also never seen someone so amazing at melee, suck such balls at brawl. I guess melee is all techskill huh? you would think that some of the spacing and mindgames would transfer over... but i guess not. But besides that, you are an awesome dude, and watching you play melee is a treat that few get to enjoy. Congrats on winning melee. I dont know whats more impressive, how soundly you won the tourney, or the fact that you won doubles without your shoulders just collapsing and giving out on you from the strain of carrying KoJ the whole GD time. Good show my good man, Expect stronger competition the next time you show up here, you reinvigorated alot of the local around here to play smash again. thank you muchly for that.

Niko: You are seriously one of the chillest dudes to hang with, and your melee fox is halfway decent. I know you enjoyed yourself greatly and I know you had tons of fun playing down here. Dont sully it with bracket johns and menial seeding crap like that. You lost to some WNY randoms just like I predicted. You played well, and you beat me, and for some reason, during my match with you, I forgot that I knew how to play lucario... but anyways, you did good, but not as well as you had hoped, all that means is that you have to step it up for the next time you show up down here. Dont get mad, get even.

Ayas: You still have much to learn in the ways of sonic. You main CF though, so you always get madd respect from me. Cats had a kneed for speed, and we sure as hell gave it to them. You might need to pick up a character thats in between Garbage tier, and Broken garbage tier. It was fun as hell playing with you, and we need to have a sonic ditto tiebreak, since its one up, and we also need to to get more Epic all sonic main free for alls and teams matches. Always good to see more non white people play smash. lol. you always my boy son. stay doin you brah.

Nasir: You trash talk is fail compared to me. You need to level that shiz up and get at me. Also, you need to mature a little bit and do what i said on the second post in this thread. 1. For the love of god, stop playing characters not named iceclimbers in singles. 2. Gay the living hell out of more people with infinite CGs. and than laugh in their faces for it. dead serious. Also, it was great playing you, it was the first time that ive ever played against an IC player that could infinite. and it was sicker irl than in any vids i could watch. Do it more. I am now making it your personal duty to get ICs banned from singles in canada, you better start winning something brah.

Ayaz and Niko: On the real, stop doing drugs. Its not good for you and it wont get you anywhere in life. Real Talk.

Niko and Xiivi: I think its straight up garbage that the people that are supposed to be the best there, are intentionally given easier brackets than everybody else. thats trash yo. If anything, the best seeded people there, should be given the hardest brackets since they have proven themselves the be the best anyway. but im not a TO and thats just my two cents

THE BEST THEY AINT NEVER HURD OF:
Ranji a.k.a. The Hulk: The best DK they aint never heard of. dude, you beasted me and ayaz in doubles, what happened to you in singles dude? you musta got bracket ***** harder than I can imagine, theres absolutely no reason you should be placing that low. You got two weeks to step it up. you better just hope you dont have to face me in brackets, cus itll go down exactly like our money match. We can do it any time you want to mang. Oh and you didnt hear the best thing i said about you in my commentary. "This is the Hulk. a.k.a. Ranji. the best DK player you aint never hurd of. This dude is deaf, so he cant hear, but the shiz he pulls out will make you make some peculiar sounds... Hes deaf, but he will maake you scream" you are too pro. step it up.

Court: THE TIER ***** OF THE WNY. You wear that badge with honor my friend. You own up to doing what it takes to win and I cant hate you for it. What you did yesterday was nothing short of rediculous. You came out of effing nowhere. NOBODY expected you to place like anything and you came out here and beat not only one of the best yoshis out there, but what is most likely the best peach main in north america (azen doesnt count, he doesnt have a main.) you pulled fourth place and you placed higher than the person who won every biweekly in WNY for the last 5 months. You can be as modest as you like, but me and shiri saw what you did, and we will not hesitate to let everyone know about it. keep up the good work, and you better hope you dont see me in brackets.

san: The Best Ike They Aint Never Heard of. You had an absolutely breakout day! Knocked out pikapika, Jesiah, and NikoK. that is incredibly impressive. Not to mention you had some thing like 50-60 people watching your matches, they were straight up clammoring to see you play, it was straight up 'Kirk who?' at the end of the day. Thanks for manning up and going all Ike and thanks for helping me to reaffirm myself. I was starting to question my skill at the game, but beating you and ranji helped me to know for sure to just follow my gut when I play and to know that we are all great players down here in the WNY. MMs anytime you want it.

KID/Goggles/Kyle: The best sonic main and the best trash talker that they aint never of. Dude, I cant believe you didnt play lucario against that peach, that was the one match that you looked up in the lucario forums... also, you need to stop losing to xiivi. losing to pikapika and xiivi is getting to be a habit and you need to stop it quick. You know you are going to ahve to play them and get bracket ***** so you might as well just deal with it, and just get better so you can beat them. But theres still tons of people that you never play in brackets that you can beat. and I had total faith in you that you could beat ranji and san so good job gettin that money. step it up and get sonic some tourney points. you got two weeks, get better and top 3 that shiz. LETS GOOOO!!!

pikapika. a.k.a. neil. The best got dang pikachu that they aint never heard of. You may not have placed as high as you wanted to, but you still brought the pain hardcore. Tully's was a blast, and Im kinda upset, the one time, I had some shiz ready for that stupid little campachu, and I dont get to play you. But you repped pika, you did it real big. But its like kelvin says, the pika/MK matchup is really stupid. And if you are really going to try and play marth (which you could do) you need to actually play him and get that spacing game down. and learn some of the stuff he can to MK (coughgrabreleasetof-aircough) and get them tippers down. If you are mad about losing, the only thing you can do about it is get better and step it up and bring it harder next time. Just hope you dont have to face me in brackets brah.

honestly this junk is taking for ever so I really have to finish my shout outs tomorrow, cus im not even halfway done right now.

other people I have to shout out.
brock, mana, Dom, N2, N.OW, leet-0, KoJ, jesiah, IC matt, Rick, Amanda, Silverspawn, Shoklan, slikvik, the sonic board(er)s Out of regions cats, dudes that didnt show up. foy, asylum, k!ck, Mow, Daywalker, Nightshadow6, Wafflz, Paco, Sonicfox, OrangeSodaMan, O.M.R., ownasaurus

EDIT: brock, the arena TOs name is spelled kelvin. and calling him calvin is a good way to get yourself insta-banned from arena and shanked by kelvin lawl

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Kyle, I don't think you understand how seeding works. If we put all of the good players in one half of the bracket to make it 'hard' for them, then the other half of the bracket would be very easy and someone who didn't deserve it would make it to the winner's finals. Whereas in the other half, we'd be guaranteed that half of our good players would go out in early rounds while the other half advanced. This is a bad thing that does not reflect skill at all. If Owna and JesiahTEG face each other first round, and Pika!Pika! and San face each other first round as well, and then the loser of each has to play each other in the next round, that would guarantee that one of the four would get last place. You understand that that is incredibly bad right?

And way to not give Owna a shoutout.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I see where that comes from amir, but I dont think that being the highest seeded player, should earn you a bye for the first round, i understand that you cant put all the good people in the top half, and that you need to space them out, butdo you see where im coming from? how things went down just slightly bothered me.

Top Bottom