• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BWNY5 Results

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Kyle, the way brackets work, it just has to go one way or the other.

You are probably leaning toward more of a swiss format, which (in all honesty) would be interesting to try at some of our smaller biweeklies. Maybe Kelvin will give it a shot if we have a really small turnout one weekend; swiss tournaments are really fun and loaded with pressure for those who feel the need to perform under pressure to win.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The only reason not to do swiss is we don't have enough set-ups for it. If it was like YGO where set-ups weren't needed, it would be AMAZING.

Swiss w/ a top 8 or top 4 cut off is much, much better than pools + double elimination brackets.

Sadly smash is not a game where swiss can be easily done.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I see where that comes from amir, but I dont think that being the highest seeded player, should earn you a bye for the first round, i understand that you cant put all the good people in the top half, and that you need to space them out, butdo you see where im coming from? how things went down just slightly bothered me.
Byes are assigned to players in order of seeding.

Don't you know stuff about proper seeding and bracket theory? :confused:

D

Deleted member

I'm going to temp ban everyone except xiivi and jesse for a week for fun.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
nah i beat a diddy with fox O_o but there almost 50/50 so yea lol but ggs every1 again see u at the next tourny hopefully

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Shout outs are also in order for:

IC's Matt and K!CK: Matt, you gave me the reality check I needed. Corey, you helped me get my head back into the game when I thought I was going to scrub out.

unknown522

Some guy
Ryan is the man.

stfu
which ryan? not me right?

SSBB Results

Singles
1 Owna (MK) Lost to San in winner's finals, and then came back to beat him in grand finals.
2 San (Ike) Lost to Owna in 2 sets in grand finals.
3 PikaPika (Pika/MK) Lost to Owna in winner's and in loser's finals.
4 Court (Snake) Lost to PikaPika in loser's and ___ in winner's.
5 JesiahTEG (Snake) Lost to San in winner's and PikaPika in loser's.
5 NightShadow6 (Fox/MK)
7 Asylum (Snake)
7 Shiri (Yoshi)

9 waffles
9 Xiivi Lost to San in winner's and PikaPika in loser's.
9 Ayaz
9 NikoK Lost to San in winner's and Court in loser's.
13 Nasir
13 K.I.D. Goggles
13 PHISH
13 Aaro Lease
17 Nemi
17 Hammerbro
17 The Hulk
17 SonicEX5
17 Paco
17 Daywalker
17 Gamestrapp
17 O.M.R
25 Dom
25 Mike
25 RaynEX
25 bye (Forfeited)
25 13370
25 Alex
LMAO!!! Your first (and probably last) time getting last place in smash ever
Canada
RaynEX: You totally get the award for person who IRL most looks like there SWF avatar. Ive also never seen someone so amazing at melee, suck such balls at brawl. I guess melee is all techskill huh? you would think that some of the spacing and mindgames would transfer over... but i guess not.
LMAO. Agreed

D

Deleted member

I think I'm the only smasher man enough to **** talk someone face to face. Or at least I'm the only one left.

Banks

Smash Hero
manalord ACTUALLY went to a tournament, too good this guy is like the yoda of smash he doesn't even see humans and just goes and places top 3 at stuff

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
which ryan? not me right?

LMAO!!! Your first (and probably last) time getting last place in smash ever
LMAO. Agreed
**** you.

I think I'm the only smasher man enough to **** talk someone face to face. Or at least I'm the only one left.
I agree.

Hell yes, Banks knows what I'm all about.
I forget what your special move was. All I know is we named it the mana-collecter or something and it was sex.

My shouts are in a word document. lol ill post them soon.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Awesome tournament; thanks alot for having us guys!

My AIM is: rayn1704

Shouts:

Kelvin aka Goodies: Thank you very much for hosting such a sick tournament. Really nice guy, and a sexy Peach/Falco to boot. I'll definitely be making the trip down if you host anything else.

Niko-****ing-K: dude. Your Peach is ****. Your Fox is slowly becoming ****. Now all you have to do is go to Philly and ****. This was a sick trip, thanks alot for helping me catch a ride. We neeeed to travel together more often. Almost dieing because of brown parental driving awesomeness is something we need to experience more. ;) You're too good at ITG. Playdium Sauga soon! GGs homie.

Ayaz: Your Falcon/Sonic are both sex. lol my favourite brown smasher in the world. Thanks alot for the ride and shieet. I know it was last minute and all, but it turned out fine right? Canada crew all daai!

oh that curry was really good too.

Nasir: You had that set and then you went Diddy? Lame...if you didn't do that you probably would have done better overall. Congratulations on doing pretty well at your first oos tournament. I told you there was nothing to worry about! Just practice up and travel with us again, you'll definitely do better next time.

KOJ: Alright lets start from the very beginning. Friday night...ultimate combo...firefox to shine-usmash. lolol do you remember that ****?! Also, good performance in doubles man. I don't care what people say, you carried your own weight. You gradually learned that saving your partner and not hitting me was going to help us in the long run. In GFs we shared kills and covered space well. It was actually cool to see how fast you adapted. It took like what...one day?

-thanks for letting me shower, I needed that ****.

-cinnamon sugar bagels were ****ing delicious.

-that sleeping bag was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, no exaggeration.

-I kept getting ***** by all the "5 minute" rides you, Sam, Tom and I took. :laugh:

-The venue was a ****load farther than you told me it was. Otherwise Niko and I would've sprinted that ****.

-I still say that Sam should get your sister.

-I also say that Sam straddling you was the hottest thing I've ever seen.

-lvl 9 Ganon and I are the most unstoppable team ever.

Thanks for making this trip worthwhile man. Good housing + good times = I'll be baaaaack. Oh, and you better come to Canada you giant scrub.

TML: You exceeding my expectations. You've got honestly got alot of potential. I'd love to see mainly 3 more things from you:

1: More combos, because you get the grabs and setups but sometimes don't finish. (at least in the matches I watched)

2: Learn to be a bit more random with your teching

3: Edge-guard better, even though I know its a bit difficult to do it 100% with Falcon.

You are an incredibly chill guy. Thanks for hangin' and playing all those friendlies. You gave me some ****ed good Falcon practice. I hope to see you at another NY event, or better yet - down here in Canadiaa. GGs man.

JesiahTEG: Thanks for almost housing us. Also thanks for being the only one to two stock me the entire weekend. ;) We kept getting interrupted in friendlies, gay. Maybe next time we can chill more and play. From what I saw, you are a really cool guy - and an awesome melee/brawl player. Good up the good ish. No more losing okay? 1st in Brawl next time, like you said you would. : D

PikaPika!: We didn't talk much. GFs was fun, imo you should have went Sheik because she is incredibly gay. You seemed tired most of the weekend, which probably affected your playing. We should get in friendlies eventually, because we didn't play at all besides the tournament matches we had. Thanks for making the GF set one to remember, and I hope to play you again sometime soon. GGs.

Sam: Wtf is your smash name? You are one of the chillest dudes ever. We never did get to check out Rochester Colonial...or the "scenery" at Magnolia's. I'm thankful I got the chance to meet you and stuff. Make sure to come down when I visit again!

Mow: Viking salute? I tried it but people thought I was crazy. If I remember correctly you told me to backhand them instead. Why did we only play on the Friday before the tournament and not during that actual weekend? You were avoiding me weren't you -_-. w/e <3 Nice meeting you even though at first you seemed like a huuuuge *******. Next time you should actually enter singles or something. We can have Mewtwo dittos. Nice meeting you, and tell John he looks alot like M2k.

John: You look alot like M2k.

Sam: Wtf is your smash name? You are one of the chillest dudes ever. We never did get to check out Rochester Colonial...or the "scenery" at Magnolia's. I'm thankful I got the chance to meet you and stuff. Make sure to come down when I visit again!

Tom aka Asylum: Why would I ever give you a fake number. LOL. I'm still pretty amazed at how fast you fall dead asleep. That **** is mindgames son. Thanks alot for playing so many Brawl/Melee friendlies with me. Coolest guy in the muthafunkin' room. It was a blast meeting you and crashing with you and Stef during the weekend. Add me up on AIM cuz I'm comin' back soon. Oh, and the brawl doubles set was whack. Your Snake is tooo goood Tom.

N.OW: You should've beat Silverspawn. I mean, I've never even seen the spike jacket done irl, let alone in tournament. You killed with it too...what the **** kind of crack are you on? Your Ness is this big walking human sex bag that I want to steal and take back to Canada. I can't believe I didn't even play you in friendlies. I'll remember to ask next time I come down.

Goggles aka Da K.I.D. aka Kyle: WNY commentary all daaaay!? It was sick meeting you. Thanks alot for the commentary and for sparing some time for friendlies. Yes, I do suck huge balls at Brawl. Honestly, I don't think being good at Melee will really help in Brawl anymore. It might have when Brawl first came out, but now the community as a whole is getting better - so I have to actually l2play now. -_- Next time you see me, I'll be alot better at it though, I promise. Oh and your Goggles are ****ing ill.

Wafflez: NY Diddy ***** my ****. You're too good. Thanks for spamming nanner->dsmash and forcing me to do the same to keep up. I want a re-match when I come back. GGs and nice to meet you.

N2: I can't believe you used to live that close to KDJ. Or that you and Doll almost beat M2k/Vidjo at VLS. It was alot of fun talking and playing. Add me up on AIM if you have the time. GGs and hope to see you again!

Guys from Greece: You guys definitely have some potential. Keep playing, and add me up on AIM. I'll be coming down to NY more often so I expect to see some improvement. :)

Shiri: Man you're tall. Your commentary both on and off the mic was hilarious. Watching your Yoshi was also crazy. It was cool to finally get to meet you.

San: You are incredible with Ike. **** the haters, you deserve your 2nd place finish and all the recognition you got. I was really impressed with how smart you were in-game. You handled the gayest of the gay with Ike? Too good man, too good.

Hulk: Giant Punch ftw? You're also a very smart player. It was fun getting wrecked by you and San in doubles.

RaynEX: Good **** you scrub. I think I need an I LOVE NY shirt nao.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
KOJ: Alright lets start from the very beginning. Friday night...ultimate combo...firefox to shine-usmash. lolol do you remember that ****?! Also, good performance in doubles man. I don't care what people say, you carried your own weight. You gradually learned that saving your partner and not hitting me was going to help us in the long run. In GFs we shared kills and covered space well. It was actually cool to see how fast you adapted. It took like what...one day?

-thanks for letting me shower, I needed that ****.

-cinnamon sugar bagels were ****ing delicious.

-that sleeping bag was the most comfortable I've ever slept in, no exaggeration.

-I kept getting ***** by all the "5 minute" rides you, Sam, Tom and I took. :laugh:

-The venue was a ****load farther than you told me it was. Otherwise Niko and I would've sprinted that ****.

-I still say that Sam should get your sister.

-I also say that Sam straddling you was the hottest thing I've ever seen.

-lvl 9 Ganon and I are the most unstoppable team ever.

Thanks for making this trip worthwhile man. Good housing + good times = I'll be baaaaack. Oh, and you better come to Canada you giant scrub.
You single handidly made this one of my favorite and most memorable experiences in my life dude. This weekend was absolutely insane. I think I will be doing everything I can to get to Wugwan on the 21st. Also, you guys are welcome here anytime to get ***** by 5 minute rides, delicious Magnolia Pizza, Rochester Colonial eateries, my awesome cooking, and the amazingness that was team Bubble Bubble. So I guess we'll be seeing you soon eh?

Also, you really want an "I <3 NY" shirt? I think that could be arranged. I'll get one and trade it for some bagged milk.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
don't ever say eh again. You don't deserve that after bashing me for a good 3 days. -_-

I'm down for that bagged milk 4 shirt trade though.

Come to Wugwan YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ayaz and Niko: On the real, stop doing drugs. Its not good for you and it wont get you anywhere in life. Real Talk.
Do you drink alcohol? That's a drug too, you know. Iron Man drinks quite a bit but he seems very successful somehow. CONTINUITY ERROR!! :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I was actually going to mention that to him next time I talk to him. We should be coming.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Do you drink alcohol? That's a drug too, you know. Iron Man drinks quite a bit but he seems very successful somehow. CONTINUITY ERROR!! :)
actually, no. Ive never been drunk, and I only drink very very rarely, and only if it tastes good. I dont actually like the taste of alcohol and that = me not drinking.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Anyone want to go to Mass Madness? I'm leaving from Oswego and there's a parking garage you could leave your car in and there's mad busses if you wanna bus here.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
raynex, go to mass madness feb. 28th to get a good old fashioned northeast *** whoopin
man. I wish people would stop underestimating Canada. *shakes head*

You guys are actually going? In that case I'd go. RaynEX melee teams?
dude I think theres a huge Canada tourny on that exact date, so iuno what Niko is talking about. The Wugwan tourny KOJ said he might come to is that weekend...

either that or the one before, I'm forget.

Banks

Smash Hero
lol raynex i'm just playing but for real you have never been anywhere with northeast or tristate's best players so it should be interesting

Top Bottom