• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Spacing, Timing, grabs and U-tilt is all you need actually.
Though I need to pull out another summary thing or whatever to be sure.

ZSS is not really a hard character to beat. lol

Thats why 40:60's are here.
Yep, that's all he really has on her anyway.
Better than nothing, so he can manage somewhat.

40:60 :zerosuitsamus: sounds good to me.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Whatttt I don't remember anything like that. Why do people judge from friendlies anyway? Tell him to MM me up to 1K ;)
Maybe it wasn't you. I remember him being excited about beating a ZSS rather consistently at C3, and he was under the impression, at least, that it was you. Either way, I'm not judging. I'm doing quite the opposite, in fact. I'm saying any particular match, friendly or serious, should not be used as evidence in a match-up discussion. So I'm saying I don't even care if it was you in this match. Olimar gimping ZSS is not the norm.

I'll be sure to pass on the MM challenge, though. :)

Snakeee

Smash Master
I was actually leaning a bit towards 65/35, but thought maybe people would get mad lol

Oh, alright Ph00t, no biggie anyway

Salem

Smash Champion
40:60 is the correct one.

It's not about the stage, it's about the moves.

If we had one very good move to punish her with, it'd be 50:50.
But we don't and she has so many options, it's the reason why it's 40:60 in the first place.

35:65

Is just pushing it, cause Falcon does just as good on the stages she uses exept for minor things there and there.
I don't see her just owning Falcon like that.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
No...

Cause Falcon is not a fail character, and he has a good chance of winning even if its not in his favor at times.
lol thats cold, too bad teh interwebz can't detect sarcasm :laugh:
Well non-the-less, I personally think we have enough information on this match up unless there's still more to cover (tips on winning?)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Salem makes a good point.
40:60 actually seems a bit safer to go with.

That would be stating that even though she has more tools to her advantage, Falcon isn't necessarily helpless, which is very true. Yes, her ground and air game are both generally better, but that doesn't mean she'll be able to stop everything at any given second. That seems more like a *player skill factor* rather than something we can simply determine with the logic that she's fast and can punish.

We can't really go through with saying that "Oh, she can use this move to stop that approach", especially when it's Captain Falcon we're talking about. He revolves around bait and punish tactics through mindgames and shield pressuring. If Falcon ends up getting punished for making a stupid approach, that's pretty much the player's problem for coming about it wrong.

I actually realized that the best way to approach ZSS is on the ground, by performing a shield out of his dash. A smart Zero Suit Samus would know that anything she does is going to result in Falcon's attacks either clashing or him being out prioritized; and shielding against Falcon isn't really a smart idea since she lacks a decent shield grab.

Once Falcon's able to bait her into attacking, he can punish with one of his own attacks from the shield. If she doesn't attack, Falcon can go in for a grab or retreat and repeat. Just because she stops his air game doesn't mean she's demolished his entire metagame. You just have to take a less generic approach.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
We could do that but then we would all be arguing about the little numbers. I don't think its worth more work just to add a few more numbers. Also, people hate doing math, so lets just stick with simple numbers. :)

60-40 sounds good.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
We could do that but then we would all be arguing about the little numbers. I don't think its worth more work just to add a few more numbers. Also, people hate doing math, so lets just stick with simple numbers. :)

60-40 sounds good.
Ok, I was just saying since there seems to be a pretty even amount of people on both sides.

I'll agree to 60-40 only because you can knee ZSS when she misses a grab =P

Lionman

Smash Champion
Falcon 55-45 ZSS

Falcon is Fast, ZSS is a good character but i think Falcon have more options to control the match

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Both 35:65 and 40:60 seem accurate.

35:65 if the Falcon doesn't bait and punish.
40:60 if the Falcon does bait and punish.

Judging that the Falcon plays the match-up defensively, I'd say 40:60 is reasonable.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I had a ZSS vs Falcon match today

All I have to say is that I need help :(
I usually lost with ZSS having ~70%
I did get a sweet Falcon Punch after ZSS tried a ledge drop to downB and I punched her in her landing lag :)
It was good because she only had about 80% and I had over 150%

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, Salem. I'm about to bring this discussion to a close.

What are we going with?
35:65 or 40:60?

I'm tempted to put 40:60; since it can be if Falcon plays highly defensive.
Anyone have any objections though?

Salem

Smash Champion
Yeah, Salem. I'm about to bring this discussion to a close.

What are we going with?
35:65 or 40:60?

I'm tempted to put 40:60; since it can be if Falcon plays highly defensive.
Anyone have any objections though?
40:60

Let's go with that, though counterpicks can change the ratio, I think if we go by standard FD as the stage to show how the results are then this would be the most correct ratio.

Thats not true.
No... it is something you don't want to belive, I played a few good Lucarios and I have to say it might just be that, but we aren't discussing that match-up yet in this thread so let's discuss that later.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
No... it is something you don't want to belive, I played a few good Lucarios and I have to say it might just be that, but we aren't discussing that match-up yet in this thread so let's discuss that later.
No. It's something I know isnt true.

Those lucario's were doin' it wrong. (Didnt know the matchup well (enough))
But, yes, lets discuss this in detail, later.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Guys, don't underestimate Salem's judgment.
Considering the majority of you that I have played, he's on a MUCH higher skill level.

But yes, that sounds pretty laughable, considering it's one of Falcon's more tormenting match-ups, but I want to hear what he has to say when the time comes. Who knows, he might know something that we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom