• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm 5 - "Melee Legends" Suggest Falco players now!

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Although completely different, I'd love to see one player versus another doing a 4-5 character "crew battle". Like for example, M2K and Mango would choose their top 5 chars and do a crew battle style match. That would be hot.

Animal

Smash Lord
i doubt tipman will be there, i play with him alot but havn't seen him in a while. wonder what hes up 2

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Why not just say that each team has to have 8 different characters instead of restricting it to characters that would probably have the advantage anyway?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm saying that they should just list the rules as "Your team cannot consist of 2 of the same character" instead of saying "Your team must consist of 1 Fox, 1 Marth, 1 Peach.. etc" because then a team (if they wanted to) could run say "Marth, Fox, Link, Ganon, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Samus...etc".

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
The big thing with my concept is... everyone has the same hand of cards to play, and it is the best way to spread out the top players and have the most balanced crew battle possible. At Viva La Smashtaclysm we ran Traditional Crews which simply resulted in super crews forming.. PC Chris, KDJ, Cort, Hayato... v Chu, Azen, Neo, Plank (these arent necessarily 100% accurate examples)

I look at crews as the largest and most hyped up event, as a form of entertainment.
Considering we will have a professional camera crew on site at Cataclysm 5 it is really an amazing opportunity to make this happen, get it on film, and put together something to go down in smash history.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
my first official act as president of the world is to make all tournies falcon only. even brawl,64, street fighter, tekken, all that.

animal your input ?

Animal

Smash Lord
Agreed, also SSBM's yoshi story will be tourny legal in all of said games, and players must taunt after every knee that kills.

DJRome

Smash Hero
I propose having top 4 draft

etc.

then 1st place plays 4th place's crew

2 and 3 play and winning crews play.

and that they follow this format of 1 of each char only. :) crews of 6 would be good for that format

DJRome

Smash Hero
another point to add is that for players who use multiple characters, it should not be set in stone what these 6 characters per crew is or which players play which character beforehand.

ex crew:
m2k
zhu
vanz
hax
axe
falcomist

now strategy must be in place to ensure that each player plays only 1 of each char

zhu-if falco, axe, and falcomist can only be pikachu/marth, if fox, m2k can't go fox. these kinds of things make the crew interesting, particularly if they screw up and m2k goes marth and zhu goes falco, what does falcomist do. lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So you mean, you can choose a character during the start of every match? Like change character during the tournament (Like clan 1 beats clan 2 then clan 1 advances and gets to re pick characters) but you still cannot have two of the same character in one crew?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
just reread DJRomes post cus of Kage.. It's too early, and i revoke my last post.

The idea around these crews is really to restrict the crews to a single character which is where the counter picking strategy comes from. Each crew has the same exact cards to deal (minus the wild card) making counter picking that much more important
ohgodworktime :(

huMps

Smash Ace
so does the loser of the previous match counter pick their character , or will the crews just be taking turns?
Oh and why not do this with all the characters? This is kind of a big spin but maybe go up the entire character list by tiers. Starting from the bottom to the top. Say in the first match crew A sends out pichu ; crew B then would send out a character that is also in the bottom tier to counter. So after six bottom tier match ups you would go on to low tier and so on. Still using each character only once and a different player for each character. Give the low tier players there time to shine and really show the depth of a region. It would be pretty ****ing epic! I'm sure if you split the country just east west it wouldn't be too hard to find the players. This thread kicks ***.

DJRome

Smash Hero
no one wants to see any low tiers really. that's why i think the characters players use shouldn't be defined when they are picked but rather when they play. and they can configure it how they want as long as for that crew battle, no duplicate characters are used

edit: kage, i think they would pick as the crew battle goes on, not beforehand

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Im pretty set on making it so that every player in the crew battle is registered as a single character. They are then drafted into their crew and they are stuck with that character for the entire event.
Like traditional crews winner of match remains in with however remaining stock they have and the opposing crew counter picks with one of their players

Like I said, the point of limiting the characters available to use is really to keep all the teams more or less the same so that they must carefully counterpick because they only have one fox to send out.. etc etc

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Why dont you let them register as a main and an alternate, and go with DJRomes idea.

That does add some element of strategy that traditional crews dont have.

That way if there is a terrible matchup then do have a backup, but that then means somebody else will have to compensate by not being able to choose that character.

Top Bottom